Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear hear?

Or Here, here

It doesn't matter - I'm only teasing. I love you really CJJ CJJ
It's definitely "Hear, hear" (as in: listen, listen).

You'd confused me for a moment, though.
No, I'll hold my hands up. I genuinely thought it was 'here here'. Just googled it and you are right. I was wrong, I admit it. Every day is a school day, and I apologise for defaming you.

Is a retraction and an apology a first for this thread?

You have no idea what Onomah will bring to us. He's a kid.

You dismiss the past successes.

If it was down to you Dele Alli would never have been signed in the first place.
Because "cheap young squad fillers" is not enough...

This is my point. Onomah might make it, he might not. I don't know.

What I do know is that the likes of Townsend, Mason, Chadli etc were all moved on where as Poch has seen something in Josh that he wants to develope despite what we see saw as very average performances.
Same with Lamela. Every player has improved under Poch or they have been sold.

I think him backing the likes of Onomah is exciting. I can't wait to see him next season and see what the manager can get out of him.....doesn't that fill you with any hope and expectation?

Why all they worry and panic when these are such exciting times? Far more exciting than just buying someone. You still have to wait and see if they are good enough for this team even if you buy them.
Yeah, let's just forget I was a great advocate of signing Dele and youth in general

I willlose my shit if a 3rd choice keeper who I've never seen play and never heard of doesn't make it here.....I mean we've only got Lloris and Vorm.

Shit window
You dont find it slightly odd/alarming that poch insinuated he wanted to sign him and that he was one for the future......and we couldnt even push through that deal? Despite the manager openly declaring he wanted him?

You dont find it slightly odd/alarming that poch insinuated he wanted to sign him and that he was one for the future......and we couldnt even push through that deal? Despite the manager openly declaring he wanted him?

I saw a tweet from him earlier and reading between the lines there's a possibility he didn't settle in London.

Why should I be alarmed that we couldn't push through a deal when I have no idea if that's true.

Poch said he's happy with the squad.

It was dismissed.

Poch said one year ago a third choice keeper was a good addition for the future, and when it doesn't work out, that means we should be highly concerned that Poch wanted him and Levy fucked everything up and now Poch is fucked off and Levy won't sign any players that the manager wants and Poch will leave and the whole world
will IMPLODE.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

:bentley::bentley:

Evening all! I'm sure one of many readers that don't post but I thought I'd get in on the action/ bollocks

We've come along way but 100% need our team to strengthen. Anyone who seriously thinks we don't have fallen for Levys PR stunt. To dare is to do right? Not a lot of daring going on at the moment and whilst I trust our manager and our first 11 I honestly cannot believe we haven't rolled the dice and shown our intent for the season. How can we be so close yet they send out such a poor, deflating message to the league, our supporters and any genuinely ambitious player either half interested in playing for us or playing for us already.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm past the denial stage and sadly think our slow play has put a bit of an unnecessary target on our backs now. I also think we'll struggle to keep our nucleus from the vultures over the next couple of seasons. Come on Levy, leave a proper legacy for crying out loud!

Evening all! I'm sure one of many readers that don't post but I thought I'd get in on the action/ bollocks

We've come along way but 100% need our team to strengthen. Anyone who seriously thinks we don't have fallen for Levys PR stunt. To dare is to do right? Not a lot of daring going on at the moment and whilst I trust our manager and our first 11 I honestly cannot believe we haven't rolled the dice and shown our intent for the season. How can we be so close yet they send out such a poor, deflating message to the league, our supporters and any genuinely ambitious player either half interested in playing for us or playing for us already.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm past the denial stage and sadly think our slow play has put a bit of an unnecessary target on our backs now. I also think we'll struggle to keep our nucleus from the vultures over the next couple of seasons. Come on Levy, leave a proper legacy for crying out loud!

It depends on your perspective.

I'd say being different from the rest is quite daring. I'd also say that looking to develop youth players the proper way is also quite daring for a club in this climate.

No one has said they don't want to strengthen.

People have different ideas in how that will be achieved.

Some think, bizarrely, expensive signings will do that.
Some think just signings will do that.
Some think youth can do that.

Everyone is both right and wrong, but the the people screaming for signings will 100% be the first to call for their heads if they have a slow season.

That's the difference. We all know we can strengthen, but some have less patience and while they claim they don't want panic buys, it's exactly that what they are advocating with this "shit yer pants" mentality.

Last edited:
It depends on your perspective.

I'd say being different from the rest is quite daring. I'd also say that looking to develop youth players the proper way is also quite daring for a club in this climate.

I see what you're saying but it's not the kind of dare that I think we all know the club should be taking. In my opinion we should be building on what we have, not penny pinching like it seems to be. I'm all for giving youth a chance but we really should be throwing our weight around a lot more than we have been. There's class out there, I just don't see us doing a lot to build on the best foundations I've ever seen at my club.

Kovacic would change that opinion in a heartbeat of course ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom