Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
fc7fDFz.jpg
That guy has shoulders like an American footballer. Looks like a mini tank.

Be honest. In all those years of supporting Tottenham did you ever expect to see us win the league and go deep in the CL? I know I didn't. Now that notion isn't regarded as absolutely fucking ridiculous, I'm prepared to trust the people who have made it a possibility.

I'm not against strengthening the squad btw. Who would be?
No one did because we were never really in a position to do so. We are now and this transfer window feels like the Nelsen Saha window. We have a chance to push on by improving our squad, but we're dillying around with fees and it's getting on a lot fans' nerves and rightly so

Right so just don't sign anyone then? Absolute genius mate: I don't even think you know what your talking about mate. It's no coIncidence that the most successful clubs in the prem are the teams that have bought quality. We are not a poor club so I'm not sure why you have this attitude like we're some sort of peasants. We have just sold Walker for 50 fucking million and a whole host of other players. It's pretty bloody clear we have money ffs!!!
In our most successful years we were big spenders in England, we broke the transfer record for Jimmy Greaves. If our scouting team can't find players that'll improve on the likes of Sissoko and Janssen they should be fired again

Ah yes. Ok, we'll play your game. Find the post where you said "you ain't no fan"...Go on, you've got more time than me..
But since you've now acknowledged that I am a fan, I'll hold up my hand and apologise for saying you're not. I'll be honest, I know you fucking are and I was responding to your original jibe.
I just fucking hate it when some on here get their fanhood questioned by others with a different take on things
As he was wrongly binned, I will say it....you've been

FOUND OUT

Practice what you preach or don't preach at all son

No one did because we were never really in a position to do so. We are now and this transfer window feels like the Nelsen Saha window. We have a chance to push on by improving our squad, but we're dillying around with fees and it's getting on a lot fans' nerves and rightly so

I understand your frustration up to a point, but there is no evidence to suggest that we're 'dillying' around with fees beyond the usual concerns over value for money. We could have some signings lined up, but you know the club doesn't broadcast deals before they happen - we are all in the dark.

I understand your frustration up to a point, but there is no evidence to suggest that we're 'dillying' around with fees beyond the usual concerns over value for money. We could have some signings lined up, but you know the club doesn't broadcast deals before they happen - we are all in the dark.
Vincent Marcel saga (their chairman said we were in for him), Pereira and seemingly Barkley as well.

Those of you that want this signing that improves our first team....who exactly do you want? I'm seriously interested.

No disrespect meant mate but this is one line of questioning that is a nonsense.

We are fans and know it alls in an unknowing kind of way.

The truth is we think we know who would improve us but Pochettino and his team will know. If they don't there's our problem.

No disrespect meant mate but this is one line of questioning that is a nonsense.

We are fans and know it alls in an unknowing kind of way.

The truth is we think we know who would improve us but Pochettino and his team will know. If they don't there's our problem.
If you're going to moan about the lack of signings you should have names in mind. You can't just say we must improve without providing people who will improve us.

In our most successful years we were big spenders in England, we broke the transfer record for Jimmy Greaves. If our scouting team can't find players that'll improve on the likes of Sissoko and Janssen they should be fired again

But you would have fired them for going with Kane.

You laugh at going with Onomah, yet if he has a season like Dele next year, you will be all over it.

It makes no sense. You slate Lamela, yet if he contributes as much as Son did last season you will say we shouldn't sell him at any price.

You don't want to give anyone a chance. Even a new signing won't be given time.

You have given Janssen and Sissoko one season. How long will a new guy get?

It's either hit the floor running or you're out with you......you don't give anyone a chance.
You have called for Barkley as you think he will be a step up on Dembele.

When you see he isn't, you will call him shit and want a new one in January.

Vincent Marcel saga (their chairman said we were in for him), Pereira and seemingly Barkley as well.
Barkley leaves on a free in 12 months, his club and manager have already announced that he'll be leaving this window, and he's currently recovering from groin surgery and probably wouldn't be available at the start of the season anyway. Any chairman that drops the requested 30m in this case isn't worth his salary.

Ok. Thanks for the advice. But he did say I wasn't a fan first. I promise. He really did...
I've got a first time date with a lady 10 years my senior later. I'm not sure how I should approach the occasion. Any advice

The best approach would be the complete opposite to the way you approach this forum I'd say.

Ok. Thanks for the advice. But he did say I wasn't a fan first. I promise. He really did...
I've got a first time date with a lady 10 years my senior later. I'm not sure how I should approach the occasion. Any advice
But I wasn't the hypocrite making out it's such a scandalous thing. You were. Then you were found out to have done it yourself. Just like you say people should look at themselves when using offensive terms and abuse. Then just search for the word ''cunt'' and your name and see what comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom