Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we were spending to replace a player our team was built around, they're just adding to their already stacked team

if Kompany gets injured their defense will crumble to every team in the league.

On top of that it isn't hard to work out Peps game plan and how to counter it.

For what it's worth I think Costa for Morata and Ibra for Lukaku are both downgrades too.

Costa for Morata is a downgrade but only in pure footballing terms. Conte is trying to reduce the toxicity in their dressing room. He also brought Fabregas to heel. Ibra is still a class act but long term Lukaku is a good buy ( not great news for Rashford and Martial.)

Costa for Morata is a downgrade but only in pure footballing terms. Conte is trying to reduce the toxicity in their dressing room. He also brought Fabregas to heel. Ibra is still a class act but long term Lukaku is a good buy ( not great news for Rashford and Martial.)

Costa was well accustomed to the PL. Aggressive, strong, and quick. He might have been a dickhead, but he was quite reliable. We've yet to see how Morata does - if Morata ends up scoring 10 goals, he's gonna look like a dud.

Don't know why they wouldn't play them all together. Well, we do, Jose Mourinho.

Martial-Lukaku-Rashford would be great for them.

I'm sorry, but I can't answer that question for you
And with this final comment you prove you're exactly what I have said you are. You don't know how much and what is and isn't reasonable. You just sit there and cry "not good enough" - and isn't it convenient that you have left yourself enough ambiguity that if we did do more, you'd still have a way of whinging if it wasn't enough? Case in point, I normally don't put much stock in "ITK", but this is doing the rounds at the moment....

"Who: Ali Z
When: 26 July
Where: Coys

We will bring in 3 maybe 4 before the end of the window.

Cheers Ali

Guy replied

"I do hope we can get some in. I am a little bit worried we won't be able to get anyone"

To which Ali said;

So am I but been told we just waiting for the madness to die down, as i been told replacement rb , a ch if wimmer goes, Barkley and 1 more attacking player prob right sided."

Now, if that came to pass, would that be enough for you? Or would the players need to be of a certain value or be signed by a particular date? Would they need to be of a certain calibre (like an established international for instance)? What will you accept?

Last edited:
654 pages of Summer Transfer and this is the pinnacle of it, ladies and Gentlemen.

Scott called Mick Gay.

Blimey.
Ha ha. & that never even happened.
Some aren't bright enough to realise I meant come out of the ignore list.

Here's what I said-

Anyway, on ignore you go & join baz & schmood. What a lovely threesome you make. So that's my ignore list up to 3.
The magic number.

mouse came out ages ago because he does actually have good football related posts which he sticks to unlike you.
& mickcooper came out ages ago too because I realised he just gets grumpy & takes it out on forum members when he does.

That's really weird from Hugo. Your captain suggesting you to leave your club is odd.
Not really. Hugo obviously knows that he's not ahead in the pecking order and with the WC coming up in a year any player wanting to secure a squad space in his national team will need to be playing regularly. I don't think it's a slight on us or, to be honest, the player who admits himself he hasn't performed well enough since joining to the extent that he should be in the first 11.

Ask the 6 teams that beat them and the 9 teams that drew with them.

Has their defense got better? Not really. The fullbacks won't make a difference with the system they play in. The CB situation is still terrid.
So playing with actual full backs won't improve their team? What role do you think full backs have in Peps system, why didn't he just buy a few wingers in stead

Not really. Hugo obviously knows that he's not ahead in the pecking order and with the WC coming up in a year any player wanting to secure a squad space in his national team will need to be playing regularly. I don't think it's a slight on us or, to be honest, the player who admits himself he hasn't performed well enough since joining to the extent that he should be in the first 11.
I wasn't thinking it was a slight on us. More on Sissoko. Sort of defeatist that it hasn't worked out at Spurs for him. I get your point though. Maybe I'm looking to deeply at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom