Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you have to agree they improved their squad by signing players.
Are they even better than they were 3 or 4 years ago? They churn players in and out, but do they get better really? I don't think they have brought in players better than Dzeko, Boateng or Tevez. I think even today Milner is better than most of the defenders they had last season.

Wind your head in. They "strengthen" every season but it barely makes a difference on the field. The last two League Champions both had zero European football to distract them; there's no such distinction to worry about next season. We should be able to exorcise the disadvantage of playing at Wembley within the first handful of games, and it will still be less of a disadvantage than losing Harry Kane for half of last season and starting the season without the suspended Dembele.
So you are saying I should place my bet on Everton or the Pikeys?

I could definitely see that. Woolwich would def. be willing to pay over the odds for the dubious claim of having "beaten" us to his signing, and their know-nothing fans would think he's the latest and greatest thing since sliced bread.

He'd probably be an upgrade on their current center-mids, too. I don't think he'd start for us.
Goons record with young British talent is just tragic (unless you Support Spurs).

Walnut. He's been there about 10 years, and he still looks like a headless chicken. And to think Goons thought he was better than Bale. Deluded.

The Ox. Another big signing from Saints, looks to be transferred out as cant nail down a starting place.

Jack Wheelchair. The Great White Hype of English Soccer. Had to go to those Giants of the PL, Bournmeouth. Where Eddie Howe got better performances out of him than Le Prof.

Ramsey - hugely overrated.

Now if I was Ross B, would I want to go there, or the club that developed and improved:

Kane
Dele Alli
Rose
Walker
Dier
Winks

??????

No contest

Oh there's been lot saying that IF we don't make any signings they'd be happy to go with what we have. Trust in Poch and so on. Have faith in the youth....the threads riddled with it.
It's also riddled with people saying that we need to replace unused players with ones we will use.

What I find funny is the merging of arguments of people who claimed we needed 2 or 3 players who will immediately improve the starting 11, into the overall squad needs improving.

It's like you have all realized how ridiculous your claims were, and have tried to hijack the exact argument you was against.

"A few squad players is not enough" etc

Why aren't you stilll all pining for Lemar and Isco?

Laughable from the off

Goons record with young British talent is just tragic (unless you Support Spurs).

Walnut. He's been there about 10 years, and he still looks like a headless chicken. And to think Goons thought he was better than Bale. Deluded.

The Ox. Another big signing from Saints, looks to be transferred out as cant nail down a starting place.

Jack Wheelchair. The Great White Hype of English Soccer. Had to go to those Giants of the PL, Bournmeouth. Where Eddie Howe got better performances out of him than Le Prof.

Ramsey - hugely overrated.

Now if I was Ross B, would I want to go there, or the club that developed and improved:

Kane
Dele Alli
Rose
Walker
Dier
Winks

??????

No contest
What does Wilshere's skin colour have to do with anything, getting a bit racist there tbh

I think Barkley sees what Pochettino does for players and also our English core which must appeal.

Add to that the possibility of playing alongside the probable next England captain and all that brings.

This may be a matter of timing and negotiation but I hope he has his heart set and presuppose of course that Pochettino wants hos services.

You have aligned yourself with the biggest troll on here......embarrassed for you that you still think The Dane is Spurs

:pochfacepalm:
I think he is Spurs actually. I'm sure that he at least knows we didn't play Chelsea in last season's FA cup final. And our last semi final wasn't donkeys years ago. But hey, who are we to decide who is and who isn't a worthy Spurs fan, eh.

If you don't agree with sammy you're not spurs, got it
Me and John Thomas agree on less than 50% of issues.

He's still a 100% Spurs though.

Me and Salmon don't always agree, same with Kingdawson and some others.

All Spurs through and through though.

You have become very very obvious as a troll. Spurs you ain't. You gave up on the season in December and was going to take a break till next year....jog on and take your "support" with you.

You're sussed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom