Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were willing to pay 30 mil for sissoko. I'd be gutted if we miss out on barkley. I reckon poch could turn him into a midfield powerhouse driving forward from deep

Yes, he has. But Barkley isn't coming to play out wide. He's a central player, so his squad rival is Christian Eriksen. How's Chris's injury history?
Eriksen has played out wide loads for us. If we signed Barkley, Eriksen would play out wide with Barkley as a 10 rather than have to play Sissoko. Plus Barkley could also play out wide. I don't know about you but Barkley/Eriksen sounds a lot better to me than Eriksen/Sissoko when we have players missing.

I don't think anyone rates him as highly as Eriksen?....
No.
Im making a comparisons to the player at our club who's position he'll be vying for. Is he going give us less, more or equal potency in place of Eriksen?
Unless Pochettino has him down as a CM along side Wanyama, which I don't think he's good at.
His defensive and tackling capabilities are not that good.
The only other place is AM right.

*don't buy players that are not PL-proven - too uncertain!*

*rely on our youngsters - who are not proven in any senior league - instead*

... the state of some of these anti-buy fools on here. :pochfacepalm:

Eriksen has played out wide loads for us. If we signed Barkley, Eriksen would play out wide with Barkley as a 10 rather than have to play Sissoko. Plus Barkley could also play out wide. I don't know about you but Barkley/Eriksen sounds a lot better to me than Eriksen/Sissoko when we have players missing.
I'd rather Eriksen/Edwards or Eriksen/Onomah than Barkley or Sissoko. If we're not getting a serious talent in, I'd rather we develop our own.

No.
Im making a comparisons to the player at our club who's position he'll be vying for. Is he going give us less, more or equal potency in place of Eriksen?
Unless Pochettino has him down as a CM along side Wanyama, which I don't think he's good at.
His defensive and tackling capabilities are not that good.
The only other place is AM right.

It doesn't need to be Eriksen or Barkley though, or Barkley instead of anyone unless it's a cup final, etc.

If we play c. 60 games next season with 3 places available in attacking midfield then Eriksen, Alli, Son, Barkley, Lamela could all start 30-40 games.

Is KWP up for the PL. we don't know. I've only seen him play a few times and most of them have been as a LB.
Maybe he deserves a chance. Let's hope if he does he's capable.

Are you fine with KWP playing in champions league then? I don't think Trippier can play every match. I honestly don't know much about KWP, so for all I know he's great.

If Poch thinks KWP can do the business at right back for us in the league and/or champions league as an understudy to Trippier, then I'm comfortable with his judgement.

If he doesn't think KWP is ready, he'll buy a right back.

Every cunt needs to chill the fuck out about the lack of signings. A decent war chest has been built up by the sales of Walker, N'jie, and Bentaleb. And let us not forget the new level of solvency for all Prem League clubs. Poch can spend if he wants to.

If Poch thinks KWP can do the business at right back for us in the league and/or champions league as an understudy to Trippier, then I'm comfortable with his judgement.

If he doesn't think KWP is ready, he'll buy a right back.

Every cunt needs to chill the fuck out about the lack of signings. A decent war chest has been built up by the sales of Walker, N'jie, and Bentaleb. And let us not forget the new level of solvency for all Prem League clubs. Poch can spend if he wants to.

Absolutely.

Who can say on here, with a straight face, that Onomah couldn't have contributed - at the very least - what Sissoko did last season?

Absolutely.

Who can say on here, with a straight face, that Onomah couldn't have contributed - at the very least - what Sissoko did last season?
Mate, I think onomah is fucken shite. I've said as much for a long time on here. But you're spot on. We have the core of excellence we need. Letting youngsters come through and get more game time is no greater risk than buying in new players. If anything it's a much lower risk.

Mate, I think onomah is fucken shite. I've said as much for a long time on here. But you're spot on. We have the core of excellence we need. Letting youngsters come through and get more game time is no greater risk than buying in new players. If anything it's a much lower risk.

Exactly - even if you think he's shite, he cost £30m less than Sissoko (and probably £70k week less minimum) and would have made no difference to our season if we just used him instead.

I'd rather we use what we've got if we've got someone to use. Winks had next to no experience when he came in, and he was quality. Even Rasiak looked half decent in the last few games before we binned him off - so there's no point in spending money in this market unless there's a strong guarantee that they can do more than the academy lads would (CCV, KWP, Onomah, Edwards, Amos, Harrison, Sterling, Tracey etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom