Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think Barkley is a tad overrated.
He's 10 month younger than Eriksen. He's made 137 apps, 3 more than Eriksen over last 4 seasons.
Yet he's played 982 mins less? If he's that good why has he been withdrawn a lot.
Eriksen has scored 10 more goals over those four seasons 31
And made 20 more assists, 38.

So if Barkley was to play those extra 982 mins, approx 10 PL games with added time, he'd have to score a goal and 2 assists in each game to match Eriksen.
Some say Eriksen is a lightweight who goes missing.

I don't think anyone rates him as highly as Eriksen?....

Hope we don't get any injuries.

An injury to Trippier would see either a repeat of the nonsense that was Son at RB or else KWP starting aginst the likes of Chelsea and some unknown 16 year old on the bench.

Those attempting to argue we aren't significantly weaker at the minute are fucking high

Let's not mention the 3rd keeper situation, eh?

An injury to Trippier would see either a repeat of the nonsense that was Son at RB or else KWP starting aginst the likes of Chelsea and some unknown 16 year old on the bench.

Those attempting to argue we aren't significantly weaker at the minute are fucking high

Let's not mention the 3rd keeper situation, eh?
Son was LB vs Chelsea, afaik

Last edited:
I've lost count of (a) how many times I've seen that posted on forums and (b) the times we in fact don't then buy smarter, which in turn leads to (a)
If we don't buy smarter, that's a problem for Levy and Pochettino because they're doing it wrong.

That problem doesn't get fixed by spending a bunch of money on wrong choices, though. It's not a spending problem, it's a backroom resources problem.

Sissoko played 33 times last season.....
Yeah, but how many would he have played if Lamela was fit?

And it doesn't make a case for Barkley. Sissoko was a mistake. Start to finish. Ross Barkley as a bench option for the alleged prices does not make sense, for the same reasons. Does he compete against any of our attacking midfielders in terms of current ability/talent?

No.

If not, why buy him? If it's a case of needing a warm body, then fuck it, play Onomah and Edwards instead to help their development.

If we feel we need a player who offers Champion's League-level depth on our bench, Ross Barkley isn't that. If we can't find anyone who is, that's a different problem.

I think Poch would work his magic on Barkley. I'm not against the transfer - presuming that the rumours have substance. I also think that comparing him to Eriksen is wrong. Barkley is an as yet inferior Alli and i presume will play that sort of role for us if we get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom