Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were the only English club to fail to get through the group stage.
We then went out of the Europa league in a round of 32 tie against fucking Gent.... GENT over 2 fucking legs.

Yes sir..however you try and dress it up, we embarrassed ourselves in Europe.

And we need to strengthen our squad and show some fucking ambition to make sure we don't do the same again this time round.
I felt no shame and no embarrassment last season. It was one of the best seasons I have ever experienced supporting them in 45yrs. What an insecure bloke you are.

He's right. Our squad, with no additions and a year nearer their prime is not going to be worse.
No. Our squad with no additions becomes stagnant and restless. Every team needs to keep looking to improve or strengthen their hand. To sit back and be happy with what you have is lazy, complacent, and downright fucking scandalous.

I felt no shame and no embarrassment last season. It was one of the best seasons I have ever experienced supporting them in 45yrs. What an insecure bloke you are.
I'm not insecure mate. No need to get personal now is there. I just think our European campaign was a fucking shambles. Not the roaring success you seem to think it was

No. Our squad with no additions becomes stagnant and restless. Every team needs to keep looking to improve or strengthen their hand. To sit back and be happy with what you have is lazy, complacent, and downright fucking scandalous.

Of course we should be looking to improve, but saying he knows we'll get worse is bollocks. It's interesting that he ducked out when asked to explain this.

Of course we should be looking to improve, but saying he knows we'll get worse is bollocks. It's interesting that he ducked out when asked to explain this.
Fair enough. It may not get worse. But teams around us will improve their squads with new additions. So we still risk going backwards even if we stand still. If you no what I mean

I'm not insecure mate. No need to get personal now is there. I just think our European campaign was a fucking shambles. Not the roaring success you seem to think it was
You've got personal with me plenty of times on here fella, so fuck off with that shit for a start.
If you feel embarrassed to be A Spurs supporter after the season we have just had then that is you being insecure.
Only thing that's embarrassing is you fella, our very own DT, literally no difference other than at least he's making money from his misery.

Or more settled and happy. Like me, you don't know.
Most teams need competition to keep them on their toes.
Most players welcome the addition of top signings. They see it as ambition by the club. If they were to see it as a threat to their comfort zone, then I'd be seriously concerned.

We were the only English club to fail to get through the group stage.
We then went out of the Europa league in a round of 32 tie against fucking Gent.... GENT over 2 fucking legs.

Yes sir..however you try and dress it up, we embarrassed ourselves in Europe.

And we need to strengthen our squad and show some fucking ambition to make sure we don't do the same again this time round.
It was our 2nd attempt in the toughest football competition on the planet. Our 1st got us to the quarter-finals. That's better than anyone could expect. We had the toughest group in the competition coming 3rd to the semi-finalists and CL veterans who have won and come runners up previously. What were you expecting? Us, as novices in the competition to smash all comers? We lost by a single goal to the side that knocked both Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund out. The Leverkusen games weren't great but they are veterans and held Atletico later in the competition. I don't know where this sense of entitlement in this competition comes from.

In regards to Gent, with Dele we'd have won that game comfortably but he let us down and the rest tried their very hardest to salvage something. It wasn't season defining and it certainly wasn't embarrassing. If you found yourself embarrassed supporting this side last season I suggest you take a look in the mirror rather than at the club.

We will not be a worse side without additions. I'm simply not entertaining that. It's nonsense. Which players are you expecting to be worse than last year? Dele? Kane? Eriksen? Rose? Lloris? Which players are you predicting will become lazy and complacent? I'd like additions, I've had a 10 page discussion about wanting Douglas Costa but to say this squad will get worse without them is utter tripe. Complete bilge.

Don't do that. Just because someone says they don't feel it's an embarrassment doesn't mean they think it was a roaring success. They aren't the only two ways of seeing it.

Most teams need competition to keep them on their toes.
Most players welcome the addition of top signings. They see it as ambition by the club. If they were to see it as a threat to their comfort zone, then I'd be seriously concerned.

I think it's a bit of both. No player likes a new signing coming in in his position, unless it's to understudy. I grant you it worked with Rose when Davies signed, he was proper pissed off.

You've got personal with me plenty of times on here fella, so fuck off with that shit for a start.
If you feel embarrassed to be A Spurs supporter after the season we have just had then that is you being insecure.
Only thing that's embarrassing is you fella, our very own DT, literally no difference other than at least he's making money from his misery.
Have I got personal with you ? . I don't even fucking know you
And what's all this fella stuff all about. You can call me John.
It seems your the one that's feeling insecure about this Guido. I'm just adding to the debate. I thought our performance in Europe was embarrising. You don't. What's your problem

Don't do that. Just because someone says they don't feel it's an embarrassment doesn't mean they think it was a roaring success. They aren't the only two ways of seeing it.
Maybe, But the fella starting getting personal. I saw it as an embarrassment in Europe. He didn't. That doesn't give him the right to question my state of mental health

We are showing huge ambition. We are the most exciting team to support for the first time in my life. We have huge infrastructure improvements. We have fantastic players coming up through the academy and a proven pathway for them to develop. We have a manager who inspires and demands commitment. We have a board who will sanction spend but require a return on investment.

I have never felt more connected with the club and the players than the last couple of seasons. I even get a kick out of the camaraderie and esprit des corps that we display. I even get get a peverse pleasure out of the battle of the bridge. We stand up to be counted and are greater than the sum of our parts.

Fucking bored of close season and the transfer speculation. FWIW I think Poch improves every season and really hope / think we can hit the ground running and let everyone else chase us and who knows we might just go the extra step this season.

As for embarrassing ourselves in Europe I think we always showed character and in the context of the season as a whole I have no complaints / fucking delighted.

Can't wait for the new season to kick off.

Have I got personal with you ? . I don't even fucking know you
And what's all this fella stuff all about. You can call me John.
It seems your the one that's feeling insecure about this Guido. I'm just adding to the debate. I thought our performance in Europe was embarrising. You don't. What's your problem
You have fella, pall, chum got personal, stepped over the line in fact, called you out for it at the time. So again get off your high horse.

I've detailed my problem with your post, why ask again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom