Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest on SC is that someone has a mate who once upon a time played with Danny Rose as a yoof and is buddies with him, and apparently Rose told him that some of the players want to be paid more, because Everton are paying their new players silly money.

If true, I'd point out that QPR paid players stupid wages too.

You either want Champions League football and a chance of winning things, or you want to dream of chasing a Europa spot whilst being compensated for the drop down. Can't have it both ways.

I've never understood why the biggest clubs pay the most money. It's a bit backwards really, as what sort of player would turn down a move from say Everton to United because they didn't double their wages?
But they don't pay higher. They pay £20m less than us overall and that's before our taking into account our recent spate of doubling most of our first teams wages to the £70-£100k pw mark. In fact their financial state doesn't make for great reading by relative comparison of other clubs. Still in debt, Newcastle, West Ham and Southampton generate more match day revenue than them. In fact they are the most dependant on TV revenue of all the top 10 clubs. I'm not sure if this is totally correct I can't be arsed to check, but I think they were the only club to show a decrease of revenue in their last set of accounts, even relegated still showed revenue going up!

All the noise coming out of Everton is all a bit West Hammy pre-bowl of doom move, a lot of marketing spin. Just goes to show what can be achieved when Sky's and TalkSports main man is chummy with the owner..........
evertonjim.jpg

ITK and the media said that Iheancho was a West Ham player one month ago.....so how come he's about to join Leicester?

Oh....thats right, because there is nobody actually in the know, writing on forums and shit news outlets
This. Most ITK from what I can tell is educated guesses. At least in today's market. Clubs are smart and try to keep things under wraps to not shoot themselves in the foot (well. Not West Ham).

Just because the window is quiet for us right now doesn't mean there isn't work being done contrary to what some like to believe. And like others have said here. We don't need a massive star to be brought in. We need to sharpen the squad and add depth. If one of those names happen to be big then even better.

To be fair. Unless your Maldini, that balance and movement is near on impossible to defend against. Unless of course you just go through the player.

Dunno... there's "showing him onto his right" and then there's "leaving an enormous gap to his right"

But they don't pay higher. They pay £20m less than us overall and that's before our taking into account our recent spate of doubling most of our first teams wages to the £70-£100k pw mark. In fact their financial state doesn't make for great reading by relative comparison of other clubs. Still in debt, Newcastle, West Ham and Southampton generate more match day revenue than them. In fact they are the most dependant on TV revenue of all the top 10 clubs. I'm not sure if this is totally correct I can't be arsed to check, but I think they were the only club to show a decrease of revenue in their last set of accounts, even relegated still showed revenue going up!

All the noise coming out of Everton is all a bit West Hammy pre-bowl of doom move, a lot of marketing spin. Just goes to show what can be achieved when Sky's and TalkSports main man is chummy with the owner..........
evertonjim.jpg

I think it was in reference to Keane getting £100k/week, not our overall wage budget

Seems like all the "ITK" that SC gets is negative these days

Seems like that's just the mindset of the people that run it.

The supporter's trust speak to the club (and DL) on a regular basis, and are generally quite positive about how the club is being run.

SC claim to have all these inner links for information, and seem to love any excuse to spread negativity, particularly the ownership, so that completely opposing view seems to say, to me, that they used to listen/speak to more of the poison core that we've successfully flushed.

A lot of their "ITK" these days is seems to be whored from other sources (Twitter, COYS etc.).

ITK and the media said that Iheancho was a West Ham player one month ago.....so how come he's about to join Leicester?

Oh....thats right, because there is nobody actually in the know, writing on forums and shit news outlets
During the Berbatov move to man u (year before he moved) I was genuinely in a position to get news from someone in the management team and he told me 100% move would go ahead that summer .

Moral of story it's a moving target.

Is there no way we can gazump Leicester for Iheanacho? £25m for proven PL goal scorer is cheap, also he's only 20. We should be all over that if they even want any deal for Walker.

Thought that myself but it forces our hand re KW and weakens our poker face with regard to any long-term hustle Levy may be hoping to deploy.

Certainly won't get him from City without caving to their interest in 1 of our players.

Shame... Welcome to our new standing in the EPL. Could probably get Rashford too for the right price otherwise.

Dunno... there's "showing him onto his right" and then there's "leaving an enormous gap to his right"

Then he would have embarrassed him and went to his left. It's players like Edwards and their unpredictability that you can't teach.

Not sure what to make about our lack of signings this summer thus far.

Certainly the least active out of last season's top 7 without a doubt, even if Everton's transfer frenzy makes sense.

We really are not so good that anyone should see that as a positive.

This season is massive and it can only be a success if we are successful, which is not as paradoxical as it sounds.

Not too much ask I would say.

Rumours are west ham deal fell through as city are insisting on a buyback.
How common are buybacks between 2 premier league clubs? I can't recall one, personally, but I don't have he same depth of knowledge as many on the boards. I could just be overlooking them because they don't involve Spurs.

Also, is it just me or do we not move anyone until we've shipped off Sissoko and GKN? No sense in adding anyone that won't always be in the starting XI or on the bench, and I feel like we have too many bodies clogging up spots.

Not sure what to make about our lack of signings this summer thus far.

Certainly the least active out of last season's top 7 without a doubt, even if Everton's transfer frenzy makes sense.

We really are not so good that anyone should see that as a positive.

This season is massive and it can only be a success if we are successful, which is not as paradoxical as it sounds.

Not too much ask I would say.
Do you wake up every morning wishing you hadn't chosen that username?

How common are buybacks between 2 premier league clubs? I can't recall one, personally, but I don't have he same depth of knowledge as many on the boards. I could just be overlooking them because they don't involve Spurs.

Not common in the PL at all, but City have Txixi Bergistan or whatever he's called. I imagine he's more 'into' the idea of buy backs from his time at Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom