The Finale - Auction

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bidding with 6 days to go....amateurs.
I lost out on an original Spurs silk/satin scarf the other day (wasn't to anyone on HERE was it?)

Timed my strategy perfectly... 'watched it' for 48 hours... put a bid in with 1 min to go... (in case of automatic Maximium bids)... which there were... upped it with 20seconds...and then 5 seconds on the clock... STILL lost out to some cunt prepared to pay stupider money than I was!
Shouldn't have used 'Levy tactics I guess !
:levystare:

I lost out on an original Spurs silk/satin scarf the other day (wasn't to anyone on HERE was it?)

Timed my strategy perfectly... 'watched it' for 48 hours... put a bid in with 1 min to go... (in case of automatic Maximium bids)... which there were... upped it with 20seconds...and then 5 seconds on the clock... STILL lost out to some cunt prepared to pay stupider money than I was!
Been there. People use sniping software on ebay and if you're up against someone with it, you have no chance

Been there. People use sniping software on ebay and if you're up against someone with it, you have no chance
It's pretty simple though isn't it? Figure out what the most is that you're prepared to pay for something. Put this as your maximum bid. If you get beaten by a snipe you can shrug your shoulders.

was it a yellow silk scarf from the 70s/80s you were bidding on?

So you end up getting sniped if you have already put in your max bid as he suggested. You can't beat a sniper end of and ebay is full of them

Sniper the Sniper?

....Can't be pissed just cos someone's prepared to pay more than you.

9,200 for harry's, just 39 bids. Big hitters. All but 2 bids were on opening day!
2,050 for moussa, 51 bids. Penny pinchers.

Cheapest is now GKN at 900, 48 bids, must have some secret fans!

Back
Top Bottom