Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because Pochettino explained why - which matches with what Sissoko says - that it was due to his training not being at a level he expected. GK has said the same - Poch expects his team to train to a certain level in order to play. Sissoko wasn't and he explained as much at the time.

I trust the combined quotes of the team, not a translation of French that is used in a click bait article.

We've seen what Poch did to Townsend (and others) - he'd hardly drop Sissoko for just one game if there was an issue.

So the quote is an invention? Also L'Équipe report that Sissoko and Poch are barely on speaking terms and the player can't wait to get away.

Whoever you believe, it seems pretty clear that he was a long way from being the 'model professional' you claimed. If he wasn't training at the level required how could he possibly be?

So the quote is an invention? Also L'Équipe report that Sissoko and Poch are barely on speaking terms and the player can't wait to get away.

Whoever you believe, it seems pretty clear that he was a long way from being the 'model professional' you claimed. If he wasn't training at the level required how could he possibly be?

Firstly, it has been poorly translated. It's not an invention but it's twisted out of context. If he didn't get on with Poch, he wouldn't be in the squad, never mind starting games.

Secondly, because he had no pre-season.

I'm not sure why this definition of "model professional" is being misconstrued. It's f related to behaviour and attitude, not performance and/or ability. He has applied himself and didn't moan once all season, despite being bought for big money and used sparingly.

Yes, he's been underwhelming, but this witch hunt is unnecessary.

Firstly, it has been poorly translated. It's not an invention but it's twisted out of context. If he didn't get on with Poch, he wouldn't be in the squad, never mind starting games.

Secondly, because he had no pre-season.

I'm not sure why this definition of "model professional" is being misconstrued. It's f related to behaviour and attitude, not performance and/or ability. He has applied himself and didn't moan once all season, despite being bought for big money and used sparingly.

Yes, he's been underwhelming, but this witch hunt is unnecessary.

If he applied himself why was Poch unhappy with his training? It's not a witch hunt, I have a different opinion to you, that's all. Agree to disagree?

This was always the obvious conclusion when we signed Sissoko , hopefully we will recoup something for him now, if he stays I give him until the turn of the year before he goes full Nicolas "le sulk" Anelka

If he applied himself why was Poch unhappy with his training? It's not a witch hunt, I have a different opinion to you, that's all. Agree to disagree?

Yeah, fine with differing opinions - I just feel like he's been a good lad, he's just a bit shit. Feels like people want to act like Newcastle fans were, but he hasn't justified it the same.

For what it's worth, I've worked with plenty of people who have really tried, and really applied themselves, but still been a bit pants at their job. Poch plays clever football, and I don't think Moussa is a bright lad.

I think he's only ever looked good on the right side of a 3. Maybe he could play RCM in a 4-1-4-1? I just don't think he has the crossing ability or vision to play right wing, I see him as a Dembele lite, who can dribble past a man and then lay off for someone more creative.

sissoko-receipt.jpg

as 'funny' as that is... it's still so sad to see the Paxton Road end looking like that...

...though with those Diggers trundling around and all that rubble coming down, that's probably the most noise the Paxton has made in years... B'Boom... ker-tisch!

I reckon we'll take a £10-15 million hit on Sissoko, pretty shocking after a year on what was our joint highest signing.

We really, really need to look hard at our recruitmenent policy, we sign far too many turkeys. United, City, Chelsea can all afford to do that, we cant.

I'd say it was easily the weakest area of the whole club at the minute

I reckon we'll take a £10-15 million hit on Sissoko, pretty shocking after a year on what was our joint highest signing.

We really, really need to look hard at our recruitmenent policy, we sign far too many turkeys. United, City, Chelsea can all afford to do that, we cant.

I'd say it was easily the weakest area of the whole club at the minute

I read we've only paid £6m so far.

I am happy to state I thought he would provide pace, power and real tenacity.

The truth is sometimes it just doesn't work.

Hope he moves on swiftly and without mud-slinging.

He only looks good as a third midfielder, can't play DM as not disciplined enough, can't provide the passing but he is a good dogs body so in a 3 man midfield it sort of works but we don't play 433.

Bit like Pogba only Pogba does have goals in him.

That's the first installment of a £30 million fee though, payable over 5 years. You have to pay the balance when you sell the asset you took out a loan on.

Otherwise I think I'll sell my house but not pay the bank the outstanding sum on the mortgage, see how that plays out

:levylol:
Yes, I understand that, but the £30m was only payable to Newcastle in full if he stayed for the duration of his contract.

Back
Top Bottom