Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, this is a good one (poster cites "consistent participation in the CL" as a reason someone would choose us over them lot)

'3)Have they reached past the group stages during the latter few years? Can you remember any run they've had to the quarter finals? Just making it to the group stage, finishing 3rd in a weak group, and getting knocked out by Genk in the Uefa, is not exactly the sort of European reputation that entices players to join them, at least over us.'

Apart from the run we had to the QF? Nah, not one.

trmp1.gif

Seriously, is there a world of football that only exists inside scousers' heads, then actual football that the rest of us witness?

Last edited:
If we do a League and Champion's League double next year, the rest of the UK will still be saying we'll never keep hold of our players and they'll all want a move to a club that can compete in the Champion's League and win titles.

If we do a League and Champion's League double next year, the rest of the UK will still be saying we'll never keep hold of our players and they'll all want a move to a club that can compete in the Champion's League and win titles.

I think it will be:

come 5th - players need to leave for CL club

Come 3rd then 2nd - players need to leave 'nearly' club, CL not good enough

Win title - players need to win cups as well

Win quadruple - players need fresh challenge

Media should be honest, we win nothing or everything makes no difference, it's money that makes a club 'big' even if it's a lottery win from a slave owning state in the Middle East. Man city could win nothing for 5 years and players will be clambering to sit on their bench for 200K.

Oooh, this is a good one (poster cites "consistent participation in the CL" as a reason someone would choose us over them lot)

'3)Have they reached past the group stages during the latter few years? Can you remember any run they've had to the quarter finals? Just making it to the group stage, finishing 3rd in a weak group, and getting knocked out by Genk in the Uefa, is not exactly the sort of European reputation that entices players to join them, at least over us.'

Apart from the run we had to the QF? Nah, not one.

trmp1.gif

Seriously, is there a world of football that only exists inside scousers' heads, then actual football that the rest of witness?

It's like North Korea 'out' there... They get doctored Google, different endings to Corrie; the lot.

Even if we don't sign Sessegnon, the rumours are worth it just for shit like this:

HoeSGy7.png

"It's happened again, it's happened agaaaaaaain...." :dembelelol:

Let's have a look at the last, say, 8 seasons:

- We've finished above them 7 times.

- They've finished in top 4 twice.

- They've finished 8th twice, 7th twice and 6th twice.

... while we've been outside top 5 only once (6th)

"Sick of youse wankers thinking you're a big club" :deledoubt:
The irony in that sentence. It actually describes their fanbase perfectly! Has-beens.

The Dier ITK was said in jest by Levy.

I'm on SC, their are 2 "ITK" guys that are 100%, 1 'igijedi', he MUST work for the club in some capacity, he says who will sign and the specific timing of the announcement on the OS.

Also Rebrab, who had this to say;

"True story - when Utd asked about Modric a few years back (over a bottle of wine) Levy asked for Ronaldo in exchange"

Wouldn't blame Levy tbh, why do clubs and the media think they can fuck us about?

I'll genuinely be gutted if Iheanacho ends up at West Ham. He's much better than that.

I'd take Kevin Gamiero though, but don't give him the no.9 shirt.. fucker seems cursed.

Mahrez, Gamiero and Sidibe anyone?

Funny how people want Mahrez, his comments about Spurs make me hope he never has success in his personal life & has a career ending injury.

Bias aside, fans joked about Kane being a one season wonder, Mahrez is the epitome on a one season wonder, 5 years time he will be playing for Havent & Waterlooville as a Centre Back.

Funny how people want Mahrez, his comments about Spurs make me hope he never has success in his personal life & has a career ending injury.

Bias aside, fans joked about Kane being a one season wonder, Mahrez is the epitome on a one season wonder, 5 years time he will be playing for Havent & Waterlooville as a Centre Back.
Who wants Mahrez? I haven't read a single post that wants him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom