Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We might just get the Sessegnon boy for 12m as he is yet to sign a contract.
I would loan him back to Fulham for all of next season to clinch the deal.
(Like we should have done for Dembele of Celtic).

Nope, midnight on the last day of the season

See rule V2 from page 2017 of the Premier League Handbook which sets out all the competition rules...
ynRyf0b.jpg
So it's been open for 19 hours now and we still haven't signed Barkley or Zaha?

#Pochout
:pochunimpressed:

We've supposedly signed Sessegnon from Fulham. Lots of different ITKs are saying this independently it seems

Who knows, all I know is Sessegnon has monster potential maybe Dele Alli, Osumne Dembele level potential and if we win the race with Liverpool and City it will be one of the best bits of business in the market this summer.

I admit I have only watched him play 3-4 times but for a 16 year old he stands out. Remember last season we where linked many times with Osumne Dembele and it didn't happen, hopefully this one does.

Who knows he could come and waste his talent but if we are going to compete with the big boys season after season these clever signings like we did with Dele and Dier are the way to go. We don't need to sign the Griezmanns of this world but it helps if we sign the future Griezmanns.

We might just get the Sessegnon boy for 12m as he is yet to sign a contract.
I would loan him back to Fulham for all of next season to clinch the deal.
(Like we should have done for Dembele of Celtic).

That Mousa Dembele failed his medical, that's the only reason we didn't sign him. Annoyingly he seems fine despite getting kicked about by wannabe William Wallaces up in Scotchland and is now worth squillions

That Mousa Dembele failed his medical, that's the only reason we didn't sign him. Annoyingly he seems fine despite getting kicked about by wannabe William Wallaces up in Scotchland and is now worth squillions
Still a bit curious as to whether he will translate that prowess in the Scottish league to elsewhere.

Brendan Rodgers just oversaw an invincibles season there FFS.
:sonpoint:

"Or at such date as the board determin..."
When I looked it up it said 1st July - 31st August. Pretty sure it's always 1st July.
No, it's always midnight, as in their rules. I download the manual every year, Rule V2 hasn't changed in the last 6 or so years that I've been doing so.
If it was always 1st July then that would be the date that would figure in the rules

No, it's always midnight, as in their rules. I download the manual every year, Rule V2 hasn't changed in the last 6 or so years that I've been doing so.
If it was always 1st July then that would be the date that would figure in the rules
Uve ignored the line that clearly states the date can be (and is) determined by the board. It's determine as the 1st July. Google that question and every source says it officially opens in the 1st July, as it does every year.

Edit:
Some sources say 9th or 10th June but either way it isn't triggered by the last game of the season and isn't open yet.

Last edited:
"Des has kind of flattened it in a way to say 'well there's always a lot of paper talk'," Murphy told talkSPORT.

"I think they've got a real problem here (Spurs) because I know that both full-backs are keen to move.

"Dier wants to play because he's not first choice all the time, and he wants to play midfield because he believes it's his best position and I understand that, the football side of it, if you want to play every week and you're not and he's a good player."

"Des has kind of flattened it in a way to say 'well there's always a lot of paper talk'," Murphy told talkSPORT.

"I think they've got a real problem here (Spurs) because I know that both full-backs are keen to move.

"Dier wants to play because he's not first choice all the time, and he wants to play midfield because he believes it's his best position and I understand that, the football side of it, if you want to play every week and you're not and he's a good player."

Does that bald little bell-end ever do any research?

dier.jpg

Except he plays every week. What a muppet. If anything he's the least rested/rotated player in the squad.

Except he plays every week. What a muppet. If anything he's the least rested/rotated player in the squad.

Like line being spun about wanting to play in midfield. He's been great in the 3 man defence. Great that he's such a versatile player. Remember the melting when Poch said Dier would play a CDM!

Like line being spun about wanting to play in midfield. He's been great in the 3 man defence. Great that he's such a versatile player. Remember the melting when Poch said Dier would play a CDM!

Plus I think he does play in a midfield role in the weird transformers way our tactics work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom