Last Day At The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1zdyaux.jpg
...aaaaaaaaaaand that's me well and truly gone again!
What a truly beautiful image... and I'm not even religious!

One tiny gripe in a sea of magic memories. Why was the opera singer singing "glory glory Tottenham Hotspur"

It's is and always has been alujuia

Carry on
...ah, the old 'Potato, Po-tah-to' debate... it's been raging for years.
I've heard both sung with equal passion and verve... I think we just let it slide this one time...
But yes, there has always been confusion over this particular lyric.

I actually prefer "Glory-Glory Tottenham Hotspur", as it fits perfectly, and doesn't sound too Religious,
although
it is a bit Man Utd-ey!! (God Forbid!) :pochrolleyes:

Totally wrong. Not supporters as you'd keep it. Part of history. Maybe frame them.
As for the Charlie pic it looks a bit like a cigarette he's got there.

BTW... I heard there were a few Butchers' Coats out in force yesterday, but I was just wondering if anyone dressed up as the Tottenham Angels? ...or was that an obscure Historic reference too far?
ThreeAngelsofTottenham.jpg

As for the Charlie pic it looks a bit like a cigarette he's got there.

Mate, I've never done the stuff... nor have I ever smoked... but even I know you don't stick a cigarette up your nose whilst resting it on summit smooth and flat... least of all a Commemorative matchday programme!

Brilliant day.Paying for it now.Met up with loads of old mates,and met loads of new ones.I don't think me and my mate have ever been photographed so much.I wanted to drink with everyone.
The butchers coats were well worth the effort
one of my mates got a great photo with you in the brewers garden. Think it might of been during the game as the garden looked fairly empty. blinding day!

i don't know if anyone else noticed or thought about it, but...

...can we take a moment to appreciate that Tim wasn't there in any capacity!

Sitting here the night after, having just finished a 15 hour day in the office, and still buzzing at what a glorious day yesterday was. Yesterday I was full of smiles. Today has been mixed smiles and the occasional hay fever moment

I can only echo what you have all said before - that was a perfect send off

Our Tottenham, our beautiful ground, going into its cocoon for the next year, to come out different, new, and yet still built on the same fabric, foundations, nay half the same pitch spot as 118 years ago, and as Levy said in his role as chairman, he is custody and, so are we as fans, custodians of the heart and soul of our club. Our role as those lucky few who can go week in week out is to imbibe an echo of WHL on Wembley for a year, before we imprint and embed the heart and soul of the Lane on our new place for those who come to worship at our new Cathedral after we have gone

This is our Tottenham now and forever more, last night was simply a classy way to close the current act of our long and glorious story

Don't know why they just didn't sell tickets for the for the ceremony. They could have fit in a few thousand in the away supporters' bit, once the Man U lot had gone back home to Surrey. Think Daniel missed a trick there, and then the whole ground would have been jammed packed.
I discussed this with other friends, we agreed that due to security and safety, it was best left the way the club had decided and not allowing fans in after the match.

Last edited:
I don't like this................. I love it. Anyway I can get it printed, or how can I use it as a screen saver? Remember I'm a numpty when it comes to anything techie
Depends what phone you have. If it is an iPhone just hold down on the photo and it will come up with a list of options and click 'Save Image'. Then go to the Photos app and click the button on the bottom left of the photo and you will see a 'Use as Wallpaper' icon.

If anyone has any other HD photos that are the right size for a phone wallpaper let me know, my laptop one is all sorted!

Back
Top Bottom