Last Day At The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know why they just didn't sell tickets for the for the ceremony. They could have fit in a few thousand in the away supporters' bit, once the Man U lot had gone back home to Surrey. Think Daniel missed a trick there, and then the whole ground would have been jammed packed.

A history of beauty and poetry made by a club of immense class, celebrated by a squad made of steel that plays in beauty, supported by the best fans in the world.

THFC are the Game.There is no other club in the world like this

I watched it from home, but I want to thank EVERY SINGLE FAN who was there for having made this day so immensely special and made me feel I was there

Now let's conquer the world

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, that was something else. I feel proud, sad and so lucky and honoured to have been part of a tremendous, historical day, the memory will be with me always.
The game on such an occasion becomes a little bit incidental but what followed was special and memorable.
When the final whistle blew and the pitch invasion started, I thought stupid idiots and they were going to spoil the party. But when I realised that the stewards were not holding people back, I thought this was my one and only chance of getting onto that sacred turf, and I managed to get to the halfway line. What a feeling to have trodden on the surface that have graced so many beautiful players. I took a little bit of turf, would have been rude not to.
When the line up of Legends started, each one of them stirred a memory - not always good mind you. Huge cheers for most of them but only polite applause for a few, as not matter how I feel about them, this was not the occasion for any rancour.
When it started raining, I thought good grief, why at that moment in time, but when the rainbow appeared, as if on cue, I realised that it was actually all our old players up in heaven, crying with us.
The ceremony was pitched just right, not too gimmicky, the right length of time and made it all about the players and supporters.
I did get interviewed by Spurs TV but doubt it will get shown as I was a gibbering idiot. I don't normally have a problem in expressing myself but was too emotional to make a lot of sense.
I sat in my seat for ages and ages afterwards and just completely lost it. A lady who doesn't know me just came and sat with me until I regained my composure, no words needed. The steward came and said I really had to go, and he gave me his two landyards and tie, thinking that might bribe me to going!
I think I was the last out from the Paxton lower seats, and one of the last out of the gates. What a day and what an evening. I will cherish every moment and will keep me going when things don't always go the way I would like.
The thing that I like most is Being A Yid.

1zdyaux.jpg

So, that was something else. I feel proud, sad and so lucky and honoured to have been part of a tremendous, historical day, the memory will be with me always.
The game on such an occasion becomes a little bit incidental but what followed was special and memorable.
When the final whistle blew and the pitch invasion started, I thought stupid idiots and they were going to spoil the party. But when I realised that the stewards were not holding people back, I thought this was my one and only chance of getting onto that sacred turf, and I managed to get to the halfway line. What a feeling to have trodden on the surface that have graced so many beautiful players. I took a little bit of turf, would have been rude not to.
When the line up of Legends started, each one of them stirred a memory - not always good mind you. Huge cheers for most of them but only polite applause for a few, as not matter how I feel about them, this was not the occasion for any rancour.
When it started raining, I thought good grief, why at that moment in time, but when the rainbow appeared, as if on cue, I realised that it was actually all our old players up in heaven, crying with us.
The ceremony was pitched just right, not too gimmicky, the right length of time and made it all about the players and supporters.
I did get interviewed by Spurs TV but doubt it will get shown as I was a gibbering idiot. I don't normally have a problem in expressing myself but was too emotional to make a lot of sense.
I sat in my seat for ages and ages afterwards and just completely lost it. A lady who doesn't know me just came and sat with me until I regained my composure, no words needed. The steward came and said I really had to go, and he gave me his two landyards and tie, thinking that might bribe me to going!
I think I was the last out from the Paxton lower seats, and one of the last out of the gates. What a day and what an evening. I will cherish every moment and will keep me going when things don't always go the way I would like.

Loverly post that Mrs P.

Nice one Mrs P. Heartfelt.

That's what i love about Being A Yid from the minute we arrive in N17 until the minute we leave it again it really really doesn't matter what gender you are, what colour you are, what religion you are, what age you are or what nationality you are for the time in between we are all Spurs & for that time, nothing else matters.

Nice one Mrs P. Heartfelt.

That's what i love about Being A Yid from the minute we arrive in N17 until the minute we leave it again it really really doesn't matter what gender you are, what colour you are, what religion you are, what age you are or what nationality you are for the time in between we are all Spurs & for that time, nothing else matters.
Exactly.I made so many new friends yesterday,as well as meeting up with many i had known since the 80s.
This day will live in me for ever.Sad, but brilliant.
Tears in my eyes whilst writing this

To think the mere sight of Vinny Samways made me blubber....

Have always loved my club, but yesterday rammed home just how deep those feelings run....

Stood alone in the middle of my front room, tears running down my face, applauding high above my head; feeling fucking EPIC, knowing that so many were simultaneously sharing those feelings...

Holy shit, I don't think any trophy can make me feel any prouder of being Spurs.

Big up Tony and Al (wherever you are! lol)... My boys that took me to my first ever game. Hope you had an amazing day, My Yid-fathers !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom