Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah said that to my mates yesterday after the game - in the past we've always come away disappointed at our performance rather than just the result.
I don't know if it's even worse knowing how well we performed over 90 minutes & still lost. It fuels my dislike for those chav arseholes though, which is no bad thing.
:carrollwtf:

If we'd have drawn City or Woolwich we would be in the final now. They were both poor.

Palace doing us a favour by winning at Liverpool. Should make them safe before Wednesday. We need 2 wins this week.

They are beating all the top teams. Worried about this one. Probably the worst away game to have up next. But hopefully they will be a bit more complacent then they would have been.

Complaint to BBC DONE suggested he donates his fee to charity total cunt .
Screen-Shot-2017-04-23-at-12-21-01-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqxf0udJPckKC_3Kw9fqS3NUvqkPmVteAqcbjh12WDUYk.png

One of my favourite ever memories was at the lane in 2006 the 2-1 win when Terry sent off for abusing Ledley, was the 5 min constant chant of "Lampard you let your country down" it was beautiful so fucking loud back then, as good as the win knowing he heard that

The bloke's comment below is 100% right, Moses is under no obligation to hurdle Son and stay on his feet.

I'd fully expect all our players to do exactly the same thing if faced with such a ridiculous challenge and they'd be fully in their rights to do so. We'd all be Laughing Out Loud Out Loud Out Loud at the fucking idiot who lunged in with two feet up and got nowhere near the ball.

Watched the highlights earlier. Whilst its true we were clearly the better side yesterday, their first three goals were all down to uncharacteristic defensive errors from us. That makes it hard because our way of playing is to put pressure on opponents with possession and pressing - when they're in the lead its not so easy. Not making any excuses, but I just wonder how Ugo's untimely passing did affect the team, at the minute's applause some of them look choked up. Can't be easy to go from that straight into a high pressure cup semi. Toby's challenge for the free kick especially was so out of character. Anyway, we have to pick ourselves up now. We're still right in the league race, and some things appear to be going in our favour, with Palace winning today and Zlat out for MU.

The bloke's comment below is 100% right, Moses is under no obligation to hurdle Son and stay on his feet.

I'd fully expect all our players to do exactly the same thing if faced with such a ridiculous challenge and they'd be fully in their rights to do so. We'd all be Laughing Out Loud Out Loud Out Loud at the fucking idiot who lunged in with two feet up and got nowhere near the ball.
Eh? Obligation or not he's in the air and going over a good 8 inches before he has any contact the defender. Son's action might be ill judged but it's not like he threw an elbow and Moses didn't go over in a tangle of legs. 3 years ago they brought in strict rules to clamp down on this simulation or cheating as everyone else recognises it to be.

No complaints about the pen....if he didn't leap, Son would have snapped his leg in half anyway.
The photo shows nothing and I still can't be sure it wasn't in slow mo.
Stupid challenge that gave the ref one choice to make.

No complaints about the pen....if he didn't leap, Son would have snapped his leg in half anyway.
The photo shows nothing and I still can't be sure it wasn't in slow mo.
Stupid challenge that gave the ref one choice to make.
It was a blatant dive, and he was going down before he even got close to Son. That said it was i dive I would have expected and wanted from any of our players given that Son gift wrapped the opportunity.

cant be bothered to trawl through all the weekends posts but here's my two cents for whats its worth:

Alds foul would usually be considered taking one for the team, but for the free kick being scored - but someone should have taken the player out further from goal.
Son - i have no problem with him - he shouldn't have been put in that position - my issue is with Poch on this one. It was a dive but if he hadn't dived it would have been a foul anyway.
Starting Son at LWB - weird, as per above, he's likely to be put in positions he doesn't have experience in dealing with. It'd be like putting Davies up front and then being surprised when he doesn't score.
Studio reaction was really lazy, claiming it was a typical chelsea display, soaking up pressure then breaking; but that wasn't remotely what happened. Bar the first 15 mins we dealt with their breaks easily - the goals were all fairly random moments.
Eriksens second assist was a thing of beauty, and the finish wasnt bad either. prob one of the goals of the season.

With the two teams who played the least quality football over the 2 games this weekend now in the Final, I think the ball is gonna struggle to make it out of the centre circle on May 27th!!

No doubt BBC/SKY will label it a 'tight tactical masterclass' but the sheer nasty spoiling tactics from both Arseanal and CH£L$EA was there for all to see over the last 48 hours... and yet it booked them both a place in the Final...

Football really is in danger of being turned into a spiteful, win at all costs game, fuck the entertainment value!

At least El Classico delivered last night... though it felt hollow watching, as I wasn't really able to enjoy it... all I could think of was that this weekend should have been so much more enjoyable!

Back
Top Bottom