Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

its only thursday and I'm starting to shit myself about this.
is it going to be 343 or 4231?
are alonso and courtouis missing for them?
is Vic fit?
do we start Son?
fuuuuck

Wouldn't normally do it...but wanted to see that they are shitting themselves, it was very satisfying to know that they are, so no regrets!
I meant you gatecrashed on my gatecrashing of that shit awful site with their fawning pet gooner.

And yes- a lot of them are soiling their pants as much as he is. I don't think it'll be anywhere near as easy as some of them are making out, but they aren't looking forward to this game- which strikes me as very odd for a football fan.

How can you support a team such as Chelsea? The money, the owner, the racism, John fucking Terry...it takes some sort of wrong un to support them.
The vicarious pleasure of winning stuff quite often, it would seem.
:pochunimpressed:

They act as a sponge to mop up the worst plastic football fans in this country (at least the ones currently coming of age). Quite honestly, if it stops the kind of cunt who supports Chelsea from choosing to support Spurs, then good.

Have you ever been able to hold a decent conversation about football with a Chelsea fan? Honest question. I've at least met a couple of gooners who can talk some sense.

Courtois and Alonso both likely to start.
oh_well.gif

I meant you gatecrashed on my gatecrashing of that shit awful site with their fawning pet gooner.

And yes- a lot of them are soiling their pants as much as he is. I don't think it'll be anywhere near as easy as some of them are making out, but they aren't looking forward to this game- which strikes me as very odd for a football fan.
I see. Haven't read this thread.

I agree it's a tough game for us in which anything could happen.

Edit: though if I had to call it, I'd say us at the moment.

The vicarious pleasure of winning stuff quite often, it would seem.
:pochunimpressed:

They act as a sponge to mop up the worst plastic football fans in this country (at least the ones currently coming of age). Quite honestly, if it stops the kind of cunt who supports Chelsea from choosing to support Spurs, then good.

Have you ever been able to hold a decent conversation about football with a Chelsea fan? Honest question. I've at least met a couple of gooners who can talk some sense.
I totally agree. My experience is the same. I've got some mates who are gooners (not a surprise living in North London my whole life) but none who are Chelsea.

I love the fact that when they look at our team and think about how to try and stop us scoring they look at our players and say, Kane, shit, better mark him closely. Oh wait, what about Dele, and then they have to worry about Eriksen, and then what about Son? And that's before they even think about Demeble dominating them in midfield and our fullbacks getting forward and putting crosses in. It's a fucking nightmare for any team to face us frankly. I look at Chelsea's team and I think to myself: Kante, well Wanyama will sort that out. Problem solved. Hazard, well, he is quality but I don't even think we need to change our game plan to beat him. Utd had to man mark him because they have weaknesses that he can exploit. Our team is organized, they know how to defend and limit opportunities to half chances, and that's before you even get a shot at the best goalkeeper in the league. No one else in their team scares me. They have some good players on their day, I'm not saying they are crap or anything, but none of them generate fear in me. Where is a Drogba, a Robben or a Lampard?

I love the fact that when they look at our team and think about how to try and stop us scoring they look at our players and say, Kane, shit, better mark him closely. Oh wait, what about Dele, and then they have to worry about Eriksen, and then what about Son? And that's before they even think about Demeble dominating them in midfield and our fullbacks getting forward and putting crosses in. It's a fucking nightmare for any team to face us frankly. I look at Chelsea's team and I think to myself: Kante, well Wanyama will sort that out. Problem solved. Hazard, well, he is quality but I don't even think we need to change our game plan to beat him. Utd had to man mark him because they have weaknesses that he can exploit. Our team is organized, they know how to defend and limit opportunities to half chances, and that's before you even get a shot at the best goalkeeper in the league. No one else in their team scares me. They have some good players on their day, I'm not saying they are crap or anything, but none of them generate fear in me. Where is a Drogba, a Robben or a Lampard?
If I'm honest, Hazard scares the shit out of me. But I'm confident in our players abilities to snuff him out.

If I'm honest, Hazard scares the shit out of me. But I'm confident in our players abilities to snuff him out.

I agree. You can't allow him to do what he wants because he can change a game. Because we have a whole team who know the plan and are fit, focused and professional I don't think we will need to go to the length of man marking him, but I guess that is another option. We could always put three in midfield and let Dier crunch him all game. It's clear he doesn't like it. I'm really relaxed about it though because Poch knows what he is doing, it's not like the days under previous managers where you had to worry about this sort of problem.

Of course I'm nervous, I've had a lifetime of disappointment. But this is a different beast, believe me, they are more apprehensive about this game.
I have lived long enough to see hope turn into expectation, We have enough in every department, on every level.
We win this.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Up for this one, typical media Jose beats the chavs and all weeks it how much of a master Tactician he is, and he is the greatest cunt since sliced bread! :dembelefingers:
Yet we stop there unbeaten winning streak and what? Back page for a day...... yet when manure beat them it's after they already lost to palace, plus palace beat em at the bridge, and now all of a sudden we should copy Jose's tactics if we want to win? :pochserious2:
Fuck these cunts, and if it's a case of a fair game and the best team win then bring on woolich in the final!!!:tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom