Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Joe wins. The player purchased to do a job, who failed with honours (in my lifetime) was definitely Raziak.
There are players that we were desperate enough to promote to the first team who were also spectacularly bad as well.
David Jenkins was also a desperate signing, but he let himself down badly by actually scoring.

Putting price tag into the equation, Vinny is in danger of being on the list. He's still got time, though. Rasiak and Zamora for me: both hopelessly out of depth and a tragic reflection of where we were as a club at each point in time.

Worst Spurs performance I've seen was Pavlochenko, vs Blackpool at home when he was subbed at half time.
Thatcher was both crap and a thug, so he gets my vote.
Davids - never, he did a good job for us.

So many to choose from! But Jason dozell for me followed by Alton thelwell.

I actually felt sorry for Rebrov, he was not a crap player but played in front of, man for man, the most inept and uncreative midfield Spurs have ever produced. Anderton was injured, Korsten, looked ok then got injured so that left erm.......Steve Clemance, ethrington and fruend......

Andy gray was equally as awful, paulinhio was a coward and Saib had no heart for a battle.

Gary Doherty was not a great player and neither was Stefan Freund, however as Stefan punched the air, shouted and got emotional he took on the role of cult hero, never understood that one either, couldn't shoot, couldn't hit a long pass, no pace, crap in the air. Was good in the tackle....

I'll take you back even further and give you David Fucking Jenkins.
Came to us in a sudden swap deal from Woolwich with John Robertson going to them.
Rumour was Robertson was shagging someone's Mrs and he disappeared overnight.
Jenkins was beyond doubt, the most inept bloke, that I have ever seen in the White Shirt.

Paulinho was the most disappointing, we got the player who was amazing at the Copa America then played like poo for us.

I can't remember watching Rasiak for the life of me, think I must have deleted that memory.

Paulinho was the most disappointing, we got the player who was amazing at the Copa America then played like poo for us.

I can't remember watching Rasiak for the life of me, think I must have deleted that memory.
The Rasiak highlight reel would be short. He hit the bar on his debut ... and that's it.

I'll take you back even further and give you David Fucking Jenkins.
Came to us in a sudden swap deal from Woolwich with John Robertson going to them.
Rumour was Robertson was shagging someone's Mrs and he disappeared overnight.
Jenkins was beyond doubt, the most inept bloke, that I have ever seen in the White Shirt.
Too late mate.
Already claimed him
:)

Rasiak for me. Couldn't even jump.
Without doubt the worst imo, I swear to god he did a Bentner and said he was one of the best strikers in the world...

He doesn't even look like a footballer ffs
z4824837Q,Grzegorz-Rasiak.jpg

Gary Doherty was not a great player and neither was Stefan Freund, however as Stefan punched the air, shouted and got emotional he took on the role of cult hero, never understood that one either, couldn't shoot, couldn't hit a long pass, no pace, crap in the air. Was good in the tackle....

He (SF) was a key member of the squad that won us the league cup in 1999 though, which gets him a pass.

Poch era:
  1. Son
  2. Mason
  3. Sissoko
  4. Adebayor
  5. Stambouli
  6. Chadli
  7. Paulinho
  8. Chiriches
  9. Fazio
  10. Carroll
  11. Davies
  12. Yedlin

AVB/'Arry/Timmy:

1. Jenas
  2. Dempsey
  3. Nelsen
  4. Naughton
  5. Palacios
  6. Hutton
  7. Bentley
  8. Gomez
  9. Gallas
  10. O'hara
  11. Basson

Jol/Ramos: too young to remember

Poch era:
  1. Son
  2. Mason
  3. Sissoko
  4. Adebayor
  5. Stambouli
  6. Chadli
  7. Paulinho
  8. Chiriches
  9. Fazio
  10. Carroll
  11. Davies
  12. Yedlin

AVB/'Arry/Timmy:

1. Jenas
  2. Dempsey
  3. Nelsen
  4. Naughton
  5. Palacios
  6. Hutton
  7. Bentley
  8. Gomez
  9. Gallas
  10. O'hara
  11. Basson

Jol/Ramos: too young to remember

You're seriously suggesting our 3rd highest scorer over the last 2 seasons, with a slightly better strike rate than Dele is our worst signing of the past 3 seasons?

Back
Top Bottom