Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very poor today but Davies isn't Rose - we all know that. Just thought we could have done more to protect him, going in we all knew it would depend on Davies v Mane. Just a bad day at the office.
As much as I detest the office metaphor, I do agree that Rose is not a player we can manage without in our current squad.

So why pm me asking me to stop disagreeing with you then??

Still your mate Scott is right behind you!!!

Maybe I am cardiganed up (Pringle of course) and my hand made slippers on but I'm sober!!

Yes sober Joe

Try it sometime!

Scott's ok, and I never post here sober. Sober, it just reads like a lot of illiterate, football know it alls arguing over a sponge. Tipsy, it reads like a gathering of the finest comedic and footballing collossuses known to man, and drunk, I just call everyone a cunt. You've probably noticed.

Top 6 away from home has been our undoing rhis season.
Which really ain't a fucking disaster is it? My major grip is the manner of today and Manure performances, we didn't deserve to lose against Chavs and deserved to win at the scum. Whilst we should have lost against Citeh we showed balls to draw. We have also totally outplayed Chavs and Citeh at home. Really not a disaster.

NO not getting a real striker in the summer is our undoing, all the points dropped when Kane was missing will cost us, we can't make them lost points up, with another 4 or 5 points that would have given us the believe to look for a draw tonight
same as Last few seasons in the transfer windows when we just need to push the boat out, the Manager or Levy don't do it
and the outcome will be Hugh, Toby Deli will all look to move on if they can't see us winning Torphies

Scott's ok, and I never post here sober. Sober, it just reads like a lot of illiterate, football know it alls arguing over a sponge. Tipsy, it reads like a gathering of the finest comedic and footballing collossuses known to man, and drunk, I just call everyone a cunt. You've probably noticed.
I've never posted here drunk.

Well then I feel special.
You are mate
giphy.gif

My gaffer is a scouser. I'm as gutted as the next man.

That's a bad Liverpool side. But our squad is threadbare.
We just couldn't live with Mane down the right. Davies was exposed time & time again which pulled the defence across to his side and left gaps all across the back line. Son provided zero cover.
Wanyama & Dembele were uncharacteristically poor too.

We get away with it with Rose. Not so much with Davies. Speaks volumes for the huge quality of Rose.

NO not getting a real striker in the summer is our undoing, all the points dropped when Kane was missing will cost us, we can't make them lost points up, with another 4 or 5 points that would have given us the believe to look for a draw tonight
same as Last few seasons in the transfer windows when we just need to push the boat out, the Manager or Levy don't do it
and the outcome will be Hugh, Toby Deli will all look to move on if they can't see us winning Torphies

Can't blame Levy, about 60 mil of 'attacking ' talent sitting on the bench every game in Sissoko , Vinnie and George and none of them make a blind bit of difference when needed or would get anywhere near the benches of the other 5 contenders.

I don't think we actually dropped many pts when Kane was injured.

I think we've dropped more with him in the team (not that it's his fault)

Like most seasons unfortunately! Until we can go to Anfield,OT,Chav City and the library and win on a regular basis we are gonna struggle to hold our own in a fight for the title! But as far as this seaon goes we are 2nd still in the F.A Cup,Europa league our defence on a whole is the best in the league when they're available averaged 1 goal against in our 13 away games! Okay a bad night shit happens but if at the start of the season if you were offered this position at the start of February you would take it?

BT Anchor man first and last time i watch that cunt of a company,congratulating chavs on winning the title tonight ,total cock sucking cunt ,fucking no knowledge wittering cunt HATE BEGINS CUNT HEAD.
jake-humphrey-136397685249903901-150422101537.jpg

Can't blame Levy, about 60 mil of 'attacking ' talent sitting on the bench every game in Sissoko , Vinnie and George and none of them make a blind bit of difference when needed or would get anywhere near the benches of the other 5 contenders.

They need a run of games though. We had a few games over Christmas, comfortably 4-0 up in 2, and one 4-1 up.
Still wont use Nkoudou or Vinny.

Then expects Vinny to get us back in the game today with 10 minutes left.

Take out the names, and pretend you'd never seen us play before.
Did Kane deserve 90 minutes? Did anyone?

Evening all, long time reader, first-time poster.

Obviously, today's game was massively depressing to watch we lacked any urgency and it looked like the players just couldn't be asked. We made Liverpool look a lot better than they are. Personally, I would have gone for 5 at the back to give Davies some help with Mane and Clyne and then brought Son on later on as an impact sub.

I've been reading a lot today (mainly on Twitter) about our bench and also our lack of strength in depth...however people seem to forget that we have lost the best keeper in the league, lost the best defence in the league (individually and as a unit), lost the best striker in the league at various points across the season due to injury. We've also been without Dembele because of his suspension and Lamela has also been out for months. All of these injuries meant that the players were missing for several weeks, not just 1 or 2 games. Which other team in the league could take hits like that across the season and still be where we are? Liverpool lost Mane for I think 5 or 7 games, 1 player! Look how much they struggled!

Of course I'd love for Poch to turn around, look at his bench options and bring on a top player, however, unfortunately, we're not 'there yet' there are several clubs in this league that can outbid / out pay us and it will be like that until we are up and running in the new stadium.

I love what our manager has done for us since he took over and I can't wait to see how far he takes us once we are at our new home and we can afford to spend more on transfer fees and wages.

Apologies for the long post.

COYS.
I complain about what I believe is a lack of strength in depth, but you are right in what you say.

They need a run of games though. We had a few games over Christmas, comfortably 4-0 up in 2, and one 4-1 up.
Still wont use Nkoudou or Vinny.

Then expects Vinny to get us back in the game today with 10 minutes left.

Take out the names, and pretend you'd never seen us play before.
Did Kane deserve 90 minutes? Did anyone?

It's getting to be a pattern that Kane , Deli and Eriksen don't do big games away.

Today once again highlighted where we went wrong in the summer, and the previous January transfer window. Imagine our team/squad if we spent £30 million on mane instead of sissoko, if we spent £8.50 buying dembele then loaning him back to fulham for half a season (I'm sure we did that with a certain Mr. Dele Alli). If we didn't swap one wide player (njie) for a similar wide player (gkn) that Poch doesn't like or trust. I do have one question for everyone to ponder, instead of taking a punt on a young Dutch player with no pedigree in english football, why didn't we look at the championship? We are nearly there, but by buying average we have stagnated, I agree with others, I'm afraid our better players will leave and we will be back to square one.

Back
Top Bottom