Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed, people calling for Davies to be benched... for who exactly? Our other LB is injured...
And people saying Wimmer should have started instead of Dier clearly haven't actually watched Wimmer play this season.

The one thing I don't get though is why we are playing a high line against Liverpool, it's suicide.
We did the same thing against city and got torn to shreads

What a shambles. We know how Liverpool play. We know how teams can beat them and we know what suits them best too. So what do we do? What an absolute gift we are sometimes. I love Poch, he is amazing, but fuck me I wish he'd occasionally set us up to make it difficult for the opposition rather than imagining we can just dictate the way games will go through sheer will by setting up the way we want.

If away to a cornered Liverpool with key defenders out and a week to prepare isn't the right time to do it I really don't know when is.

We are still in it because we don't just fold and a goal gets us back in the game, but we have some serious weaknesses set up like this. He has to make changes at half time or we will lose this game.

That's because no one seems to know where he's playing, not poch, not his teammates, not Liverpool. In reality he should b playing on the left in front of davies lol

As if he's doing it on his own. He's been doing that for the past few games. If it was against Poch's tactics, he would already have been told off.

BBC reporter is asking why we haven't learn a fucking thing from Liverpool's form, and why they haven't been winning - they can't handle teams who play deep and hit them on the attack.

So we do the opposite.

As grateful as I am for Poch, I hope he's not too arrogant to learn from shit like this

Mcmanaman is pissing me off with his Liverpool wank feast. But Christ what is up with our tactics ? 3-5-1 keep it tight. Slow it down then take em on at 30 minutes and 75 minutes. It's not complicated. You do not let Liverpool run at players at Anfield. It's suicide. Just stay tight and slow it all down. We really are wankers sometimes

At least he's trying to make chances unlike other players? What the fk is the point of bashing on Son only when the rest of the squad is fking shit right now.

Because the score should be 2-1.....the others have been shit. They deserve a good slating....if Son had connected with Firminho we'd have 10 men.
Everyone bar Hugo needs to have a good fucking look at their performance at half time and ask themselves if we are ACTUALLY better than Woolwich, or just as fucking shit

I reckon we should just give up on this game, and concentrate on fucking up as many of their players as possible.

dduckrage.gif

Can the media and everyone stop saying we are competing for the title, we are nowhere near ready for that as this performance has shown,
Your right. But it's so frustrating for another season to pass us by. 56 fucking years. The biggest club not to win the title since 1961. Probably Newcastle the only club that comes close.

Also, Kane and Son need to do more than just score. They do virtually nothing else. They've been ghosts for a while, despite decent numbers.

Suicide Spurs!
Set up all wrong, said Sissoko should cover Davies 2 days ago. Davies will not get forward so offers no overlap, and therefore they can have their FB play alongside Mane. And defensively he is being raped as often two v one. Need to fix that side of the pitch or we are fucked.

Bright side is pool will fade in 2nd half but we could be 4 down by then.

We look inferior in every way. Why is it that we get Mane on his return? Cursed. Kane cant get a sniff in. Where is Dembele charging forward? Why on earth is Davies not staying goalside of Mane? Poor Hugo. Not a time for Dier to stack it. We look scared and Liverpool are only growing more confident as the minutes pass.
We needed a goal before h/t. Thankfully we are only 2 down. That's saying something

Back
Top Bottom