Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The diamond formation might work. Liverpool are suckers when it comes to counter attacks. Hull did them. We can obliterate them with our superior firepower.

Everyone stay compact, let Liverpool have the ball, then BOOM and hit them with the counter.

Very grim. I would love for us to have 6 at the back and counter like the lesser teams that have won games against a Liverpool that can't break down teams. But I don't see Poch doing that at all.

Apparently spurs couldn't break down teams who park the bus, ask West Brom how that went at the lane......
Spurs motto - to dare is to do, not to defence is to do......
Let's do what we are good at please! We haven't parked the bus this season and still have one of the best defensive records by doing our thing! Let's keep it that way please!

Apparently spurs couldn't break down teams who park the bus, ask West Brom how that went at the lane......
Let's do what we are good at please! We haven't parked the bus this season and still have one of the best defensive records by doing our thing! Let's keep it that way please!
This is a battle and I prefer that we win by exploiting the opponents weakness.

The problem Klopp is having is that the players are drained. He's trying to get them to play the same football we do, but Poch must have a more vigorous training plan as our players don't look anywhere near drained.

They struggle to break down tough defences, can't handle pace and are terrible with defending set pieces. We are good at all of those, and using all of those in an attacking sense.

If we can get the ball to Kane and Dele enough then we can cause some real issues. We need a Man City/Chelsea/WestBrom at home sort of performance.

We win this and a top 4 spot is ours, and we end their title race and put them in jeopardy of missing out on the top 4.

This is a battle and I prefer that we win by exploiting the opponents weakness.

I would rather we play to our own strengths......
Don't give a fuck about who we playing and what there weakness is, we turn up and play like we can we win,it's as easy as that, take the Chavs game for instance..... 13 games unbeaten, who gives a fuck!! Didn't play park the bus to the most in form team in the PL, it's not how we do things.
When we play how we can, we win, that's the weakness of any team we face!

I would rather we play to our own strengths......
Don't give a fuck about who we playing and what there weakness is, we turn up and play like we can we win,it's as easy as that, take the Chavs game for instance..... 13 games unbeaten, who gives a fuck!! Didn't play park the bus to the most in form team in the PL, it's not how we do things.
When we play how we can, we win, that's the weakness of any team we face!
I'd agree with you if we had Rose and Verts and were at 100%. But I'll end it with agree to disagree.

"An army may be likened to water, for just as flowing water avoids the heights and hastens to the lowlands, so an army avoids strength and strikes weakness.” Sun Tzu

I'd agree with you if we had Rose and Verts and were at 100%. But I'll end it with agree to disagree.

"An army may be likened to water, for just as flowing water avoids the heights and hastens to the lowlands, so an army avoids strength and strikes weakness.” Sun Tzu

Why did you have to be all sensible and mention that Rose and Verts are injured...... :sonhmm:
but yeah agree to disagree:dierpochhug:

Agree......everyone was screaming blue murder about Boro and Sunderland with men behind the ball.

I could maaaaaaybe understand if it was Barca. But Liverpool?? Fuck them, they dont command that level of respect.

They will be the ones parking busses

[QUOTE="sammyspurs, post: 1158542, member:

I could maaaaaaybe understand if it was Barca. But Liverpool?? Fuck them, they dont command that level of respect.
[/QUOTE]
I hear you bruv

Fkin hell. I thought I was an optimist. I think we can win, however as we saw vs Sunderland nothing is given in football.

This is not an easy threepointer. Far from it. Liverpool is an wounded animal..I just hope that means that we can put them under pressure as early as possible.

Liverpool is an wounded animal
9dacdf8e97ff2fc354c2e0e1d05c3aa9.jpg

We win this and a top 4 spot is ours, and we end their title race and put them in jeopardy of missing out on the top 4.

...I wouldn't get the deckchairs out just yet! Even if we win, there's a fuck load of games to come before 'Top 4 is ours'...

Have you not seen Spurs in all but two of the past 20 seasons??

...I wouldn't get the deckchairs out just yet! Even if we win, there's a fuck load of games to come before 'Top 4 is ours'...

Have you not seen Spurs in all but two of the past 20 seasons??

After this game we haven't got another team in the top 6 (as it is now) until the last 2 homes games.

Of course we can't take it for granted, but we're more than capable of maintaining our position.

Back
Top Bottom