Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've not been on this forum for the best part of 5 years, and we've been doing alright ever since. Let the slide commence. Thank me later
Awwww.... Mr Vexed... how i've missed you and your avatar...

Do you know, it's been that long since you were here, that back in the day, I used to think that the avatar pics were the photos of the actual people posting...
110.jpg
<< I THOUGHT YOU WERE THAT GUY!

Last edited:
Liverpool seem to have struggled against the lower teams, but turned up against the bigger teams... plus they ALWAYS turn up against us.

I'm expecting a tough game, Anfield is a hard place to go and without Jan or Rose it's a lot tougher.

We'll win the majority of headers and tackles, but with their pace I can see it being being tough. Coutinho, Firmino and Mane will be their attacking threat, as well as Lallana who I rate very highly.

If Dele, Eriksen, Kane turn up, and Dembele and Wanyama have a solid one then I can see us frustrating them. We've never had a better opportunity to end our bad run against Liverpool.

I want us to go for the jugular from kickoff. Then, with them attacking us, take the ball of them and start some deadly counter attacks!

This one is going to be a killer of a game. Such a shame that Lamela isn't back for this one and that Rose&Vertonghen are still out. Should be able to win the midfield battle though, but we need to be wary of Mane, Firminio, Lallana and Coutinho.

I used to fear them, but I keep thinking that I just want to see us play and even if we should lose, we are still up there fighting for top 3.

I really, really want to us beat them. And score, and score. And not stop...

Liverpool seem to have struggled against the lower teams, but turned up against the bigger teams... plus they ALWAYS turn up against us.

I'm expecting a tough game, Anfield is a hard place to go and without Jan or Rose it's a lot tougher.

We'll win the majority of headers and tackles, but with their pace I can see it being being tough. Coutinho, Firmino and Mane will be their attacking threat, as well as Lallana who I rate very highly.

If Dele, Eriksen, Kane turn up, and Dembele and Wanyama have a solid one then I can see us frustrating them. We've never had a better opportunity to end our bad run against Liverpool.

EVERYONE always turns up against us... except maybe Swansea!!

Any recomendations for cheap motel/hotel near Anfield at the weekend. Have stayed at the Packet Steamer before but wondering if there is anything closer to the ground.

Perfect summation mate.

We can talk all day and night about poor runs, right time etc but the players you state must turn up and Lloris must remain composed.

Davies can do a good job, if not with the aggression Rose possesses.

You look at their attack and it looks deadly on paper ..with Countinho, Firmino and Mane. ect. They have pace upfront and i wouldn't want us to get dragged into exchanging blows through counter attacking football.I reckon the reason why they struggle against the weaker sides is because their attacking players aren't given the space to run into.
So I think we should do the same, start 4 at the back and smother them in midfield. I am not saying we should park the bus but it would not hurt to put an emphasis on defence.

History counts for nothing - they used to be better than us - they aren't now. Fuck going up there and trying to play like Hull, we don't even know how to do that. If we play them at football, we'll win. We have better players all over the pitch, and they know that.

our away form hasn't been great this season , especially when you contrast it with our superb home form, plus in all honesty we don't turn up for these big away games more often than not, id take a point

our away form hasn't been great this season , especially when you contrast it with our superb home form, plus in all honesty we don't turn up for these big away games more often than not, id take a point

No fucking way. Swansea duffed them up and scored 3 in the process. They are not the team we played earlier this season. Why are you so worried? They are terrible at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom