Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One hour ago:
Time to focus fully on Europa and FA cup

One minute ago:
Top 4 takes priority over everything, simply due to the stadium.

meme-kermit-drinking-tea-but-thats-none-of-business.png

If that was your aim I'm sorry to have to disappoint you.

Now scurry off to bed you little scamp you've got school tomorrow.
It was a genuine comment. I'm sure you're alright, really. Your insults are also rather charming - quite polite, in fact. I bloody wish I did have school tomorrow. Sadly, I'm an old cunt now.

We draw against a team that knew it was the best they could hope for and played as such. We move above our rivals into second. I am happy with this, because I don't support Woolwich.

Europa league is very winnable if we take it seriously tbh. 9 games to win it.

FA Cup is also very winnable, we can beat any team on our day and this would be a fantastic learning experience for our squad. 4 games to win it?

I'm genuinely of the belief that until we win a trophy I don't think we can push on for the league. The experience simply isn't there.
It isn't an easy call for poch.
Go for all 3 honours & it looks good but you most likely spread yourself too thin in all 3.
Sacrifice 1 or 2 & you get criticised for not taking it seriously enough.

But I can see how it would make sense to prioritise or sacrifice some competitions.
Especially with our limitations.

Financially+long term= top 4 is priority
As a fan+short term= a trophy is priority

But as you say, win a trophy & then use it as a springboard to win a title in the future has worked well for quite a few managers.

We were shit Mensa. I'm not going overboard, but we were shit. And we were shit at City. Wycombe doesn't count really, but we were shit against them also. Big opportunity missed tonight.

You and I actually remember when we WERE shit, losing 4 or 5's

I think as our gooner friends are finding, the top 6 arent going to get the easy wins they were to this point, as we all get more nervous and the bottom sides inevitably start playing better, points will drop everywhere

We should have done better tonight, of course we should, but our off days we didnt lose, and didnt against city despite their best performance of season and Lloris giving them two

I am happy as larry in 2nd place, anywhere above 6th by definition we have overperformed, look at everyones budgets, we'll finish in the top 4 easy, and fingers crossed for a cup final

I think as our gooner friends are finding, the top 6 arent going to get the easy wins they were to this point, as we all get more nervous and the bottom sides inevitably start playing better, points will drop everywhere

We should have done better tonight, of course we should, but our off days we didnt lose, and didnt against city despite their best performance of season and Lloris giving them two

I am happy as larry in 2nd place, anywhere above 6th by definition we have overperformed, look at everyones budgets, we'll finish in the top 4 easy, and fingers crossed for a cup final

Yes mate we do. But I'm used to going into games with Charlton, needing a win to get us up to 12th. Forgive me if I don't know how to react to this 2nd stuff.

Yes mate we do. But I'm used to going into games with Charlton, needing a win to get us up to 12th. Forgive me if I don't know how to react to this 2nd stuff.

I know it seems that we all are still coming to terms with it, not easy being the bridesmaids, don't you just miss the gallows humour sometimes, when going to a game was a standalone event, that day that 3 points, nothing else mattered, I didn't look at who was 2nd 3rd or 4th in January, or even May at the time, didn't matter really

People just need to learn how to keep enjoying the game of football and not take it too seriously, its 11 morons you are relying on essentially, not a recipe for success all the time is it!

A genuine question

What would you be satisfied with?

What would you be elated with?

What would you be gutted with?

Try to be realistic, obviously, saying you'd be happy with 2 cups and a title is a bit OTT...

Back
Top Bottom