The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Smash and grab for a point.
As predicted, City came out with fire in their belly. Seems our defense was getting carved up the whole match but seemed to have JUST enough to keep it out of the net. Our efforts to pass it out of the back, rather than long clears, was sub par to say the least. Thought it was over when Toby went out. He was the glue that held it together.
Big props to Wanyama for stepping in at CB. We discovered Lloris was human today. Stop calling Skynet.

:levystare:

best bit for me was when they thought their new expensive toy had just won the game for them, but no sooner than he had run over and kicked his own corner flag in delight, they suddenly realised they hadn't actually scored at all. Funny.

best bit for me was when they thought their new expensive toy had just won the game for them, but no sooner than he had run over and kicked his own corner flag in delight, they suddenly realised they hadn't actually scored at all. Funny.
Yes just seen that on the replay, very hilarious he will learn that one!

Nope.

Have you not looked at the stats? Our problem was controlling midfield and mounting attacks. I'm not sure how Verts would've changed that.
I'm not saying that he would have solved all of our problems. But his presence would have added stability and control at the back, he is able to carry the ball up the pitch and would have allowed us to take pressure off our final third, and Wimmer made a number of mistakes and turnovers that he likely wouldn't have made thus giving us more time on the ball.

Just because our offense wasnt able to click well or quickly, it doesn't mean that is where the problem started. More stability from the start would have made it so we were on our heels from the first whistle.

Has anyone on here ever seen a penalty given for a push when the player stayed on his feet, and got a shot away? I haven't.

Just sayin'.
yeah, kinda. us, funnily enough. away in the FA cup against fulham.2001. Dawson tried to to foul a player who was clean through, didnt get it right. player kept feet and blazed over. Ref pulled play back, awarded penalty and sent dawson off as he was last man.

hmmm. dempsey, dembele and murphy doing most of the damage. beat ourselves i suppose.

well, it seemed i didnt remember it quite right. i still win sad fucked of the weeekend though

Once upon a time,
Before We took up doping
We weren't n the spotlight
Shadows in the night
Abu Dhabi found us beguiling
We were as flat as moonlight
With notthing to stay up for
We were no higher than 10
Life was bitter no Cups
We were the saddest of men
Blue moon, we would be standing alone
Without a soft a Arab heart
And no dough of our own
Get you - with your lyrical waxing.
Nice work!

We scored two beautiful goals that Walker cross and Kane flick. Probably the best display City turned in all season, has Aguero transitioned into Darren Bent? Sandra could have scored that header, how is Sane's goal allowed to stand that's handball every day of the week. Why isn't Sterling being pulled up for consistently falling over. Tough shit with the penalty after that Baloteli stamp then remaining on the pitch to score from a penalty they can fuck right off. As Poch said we are warriors, the Spurs go marching on.

ps. Pep- what a whinging snidey wanker

Lol, people saying we didn't get hammered or rolled over today.

Shots on target - 7 v 2

Shots - 17 v 6

We got hammered today and were lucky to get a point. You can't say "Yeah, we were lucky, we should have lost that....but we didn't get hammered". They could have won that game by a 3-4 goal margin, especially when Toby went off.

Players did well to cope with that.
And that kind of balance of statistics has never happened to us.......ever.
I always thought you only got hammered, mullered, thrashed, schooled or humbled when the opposition waltzed loads of goals into your net.

Now it appears that the description also fits when the opposition piss away possession and opportunity and get gifted the only goals that they score.

Why the fuck do some people bother saying that they support Spurs when it seems more important to them to carp and criticise them? Start your own message board and wank each other off on line.
My concern is why our normally dominant midfield allowed themselves to panic so much under pressure and let the defence bail them out time after time?

Yeah that cost them the game, not their ability to score a goal without it being gift wrapped.
They should have buried us first half, so the non Penalty makes no difference. They may have missed it.

Handball for their first goal. Cancelled itself out. Deserving to win doesn't get you points. They could not actually score until lloris gave em two gifts

Yaya we should have had a penalty and their goal was offside too.

Sterling was offside in the run-up to the "penalty" incident...

16142280_10154757321851259_7676741328641052178_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom