The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our passing was brutal at best. No service whatsoever.

I agree- team as a whole was passing as if they forgot that City can match our athleticism. Had so many lazy passes cut out, or put into places that were simply not viable receiving points.

As for Kane, he was totally isolated with almost no support. We couldn't break their press from the back the entire game, which leaves Kane with no extra man to support him. Dele and Eriksen were pinned back on defense in our half most of the time. I wouldn't put any blame at the feet of Kane for this one. His sublime heel flick assist to Son earned us a point!

Lloris MOM first half. Wally of the match second half.
I think he was trying to put Real Madrid off the scent this window...
In every other game, he's been pretty much exceptional.

Today was a brainfart of Bobby Mimms proportions... lucky for us, Lloris is Lloris 99% of the time...
Whereas Bobby Mimms was always Bobby Mimms!!

I dunno whether it was the Pep talk (ha) he gave, but Citeh showed that they must be some lay feckers alot of the time because theyve got all that in their locker. Annoying to meet them when they play like that, very lucky to get something out of it.

I love that this team absolutely never gives up. On the rack for almost the whole match, I really thought we could still have drawn at 0-2, and won at 1-2 and 2-2. I dont think any other team would have stayed with Citeh on that form. Chavs were helped with 3 non-saves from Bravo and KDB missing from one yard.

Disappointed that we couldn't pressurise Otamendi and Bravo. SO SO stupid to play out of the back when it was obvious that Citeh were going to push up as if their life depended on it. Lloris, great saves, some appalling distribution and then one horrible error.
Here is the key thing. We have played them twice now and have taken 4 from 6 points. If they are finding their form and have had their dip, they still have to play everyone else in the top 6, they can take points off Chelsea for instance.
We only have one away game against the remaining top 6 too

I'm glad it's just a tight hamstring for Alderweireld, not a tear

We have Wycombe coming up next week in the cup so he could do with a nice rest. I think we SHOULD be more than capable with a Dier/Wimmer or even a CCV/Wimmer partnership if we do decide to play with two at the back, if not just put Davies in there too.

Game tells two tales. Great spirit to come back when we playing so bad. But we cannot defend like that and give teams like that a head start. In games where we don't start or play well, we seem to need to go behind before we start playing. Not won away against our rivals. That's probably the difference between winning a title.

City can moan all they want and go on about how they 'deserved' it and that penalty that never was but they got two gifts. Simple as that!

So here's how I see it...
Last season, we drew at home to WBA and won away at City...
...now, as wonderful as that result was up there last Valentine's Day, the home draw/points dropped against WBA felt way more painful, wasted and significant...

Skip forward to this season... we've demolished WBA 4-0 at home (and put that recent 'draw hoodoo' to bed)
whilst pretty much gang-raping an undeserved point off City that will do way more harm to them than it will to us.

It's still the same 4 points... but I know what combination of results I prefer!

To all the shitty haters out there slagging us off at the moment crying, saying "city were robbed.... oh that was a foul in the box.... ohh you lost alderweireld now..." well i say this to you...

"LOL"

City decided to muff up their own gifted 2-0 lead... we lost another of our belgian giants at the back and had to put wanyama there... and the game seemed over for us... oh but whats that?? The lads didnt give up. These boys are the definition of passion. We literally never say die. Done brilliant to come from 2-0 down to draw against a city side that are still a title contending team.

Well played boys. Onto the next COYS!!

Gerrard is butt hurt ha ha slippy little cunt.

Kane was onside.

City getting a rim job and should have had a pen for sure but a side who spent what they spent and had that much possession should at least face criticism for failing to hold on to a 2 goal lead.

Agreed, but outside of Wanyama and some other individual moments of brilliance, everyone was bad.

Politely, that's nonsense. Alderwiereld, Rose and Walker were fine. Only seven players underperformed. We still got a point. Against Pep's superstars. Result.

Anyone else think the Walker 'push' was actually pretty soft ? Everyone on the box and here seems to be saying stonewall but honestly it looks pretty tame to me. You wouldn't see Harry fluffing his lines like that after a hand on the shoulder like that, only looks like it put him off badly because Sterling is a weak little pansy.

Back
Top Bottom