Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe the press are going after Vertonghen - if the ref had stopped play for it it would have just been a talking to, the press are saying violent conduct and 3 game ban.......wankers

Still knackered after the drive there and back last night. The result was excellent but the critical point for me was Dele's bit of class with the equaliser: before that we were a shambles. Very strong for the remainder of the match and it was nice to finally get some goals that our play deserves. I liked the power in our midfield too: having Dier, Dembele, Sissoko and Wanyama all on the pitch is pretty awesome. No more soft Tottenham.

Danny Rose is POTS by a mile. How the hell does he keep getting better, faster and stronger?

Southampton is a shit hole. Most of it looks like a forgotten northern town. Their fans are just a bit wank. Too 'nice' and very easy to beat them off the pitch.

Still knackered after the drive there and back last night. The result was excellent but the critical point for me was Dele's bit of class with the equaliser: before that we were a shambles. Very strong for the remainder of the match and it was nice to finally get some goals that our play deserves. I liked the power in our midfield too: having Dier, Dembele, Sissoko and Wanyama all on the pitch is pretty awesome. No more soft Tottenham.

Danny Rose is POTS by a mile. How the hell does he keep getting better, faster and stronger?

Southampton is a shit hole. Most of it looks like a forgotten northern town. Their fans are just a bit wank. Too 'nice' and very easy to beat them off the pitch.
Great reverse pass by moose to sissoko for the cross for that goal. Completely fooled. Redmond and Cedric.
The commentary kept going on about the effort they put in to stop us settling yet after the first 6-8 minutes their 'pressing ' stopped, they put everyone behind the ball bar Rodriguez and let us play it about to break them down, we had 60% of the ball in the first 20 mins.
I think e early goal buoyed them up, and we made a lot of stupid errors.i think Lloris had one save all match, and they really didn't threaten us apart from once.whic I think came from our mistakes

Just watched the whole game without interruptions: Danny Rose just keeps getting better and better, he is in our top 3 at the club for sure! I like his take no prisoners style of play brilliant!

I am still wishing that fonte would have been just half a hard slower and Wanyama scored from that nice run and dink. Didn't think he had that in his locker
What a goal that would have been, the backspin he put on th ball to get by was very skilful.
Deserved a goal.

We were pretty clinical with our chances last night. I hope it continues.
Eriksen maybe could have done better with 2 shots, 1 that hit the bar and Dele scored another. The penalty Miss was a fluke.
However Dele bagged 2 from 3 and son 1from 1. Kane had 2 decent chances and scored 1.
I think that's it.

Just watched the whole game without interruptions: Danny Rose just keeps getting better and better, he is in our top 3 at the club for sure! I like his take no prisoners style of play brilliant!
He did well for deles goal too. Lovely composed run, bit of skill & pass with his weaker foot.
Rose has become probably the best left sided wing back in the PL

That's why I like when we play 3412, it means Rose is allowed to attack even more, he is a good defender but is now as good a winger as any in the Prem.

Can't believe the press are going after Vertonghen - if the ref had stopped play for it it would have just been a talking to, the press are saying violent conduct and 3 game ban.......wankers
They chose not to replay the incident when Romeu took a 5 yard run , jumped and did dembele from behind with an elbow to the back of the head, or even talk about it.
He's quite a naughty player, always on the edge. Does his job quite well
Neither did they mention that Boufal hauled sissoko to the ground just before Bertrand was awarded a free kick that lead to their goal. If dean is going to get slagged let's do him for all his mistakes
Not one word or replay

I honestly can't see us getting anything from the game. I believe there is little discipline and commitment amongst the players, and as a result most of them are now going to be hung over and a stone over weight. Saints 2-0 Spurs

I actually said 5-1, but didn't take into account Kane would miss the penalty. A win was always the obvious result, but unfortunately I predict we won't get anything from the Watford game

Both of the above posted on this very match thread.

I've never voted to sin bin anyone, but I wish you would cease your trolling on this site. You're not even any good at it.

Away to Woolwich Mania with you.

Diid the ref really salute the travelling Spurs fans at the end of the game ??

Yes... that's exactly what he did.
:adelol::deledoubt::llorishuh::pocheyes:

Would you really believe what an angry, bitter and twisted Gooner posts on Twatter moments after watching us win 4-1??
Oh come on 1882 1882 . Do you really believe I would think the ref might salute our fans. You don't quite get my warped and twisted sense of humour do you. I don't think it's the first time either.
Never mind son
:avbfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom