Man Utd (A) - 11 DEC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don,t bother you lost .me weird take a long look in the mirror tosser.It may help with your selective memory.
103fc09ae3161638a72e6d28f7e9a7096a13312f064f5dfa0da39a6ce009b400_large
As I've just found out, you've fucking blocked me starting a private conversation. I'm so disappointed. Mouthy fucking weirdo coward.

Last edited:
Well we have Winks who moves the ball forward and quick, if you want a top class version that would probably cost a lot of money.

Alli can play deep making runs beyond the 3 AM's but he is playing further forward now as one of the AM's.
Yes I did say to maybe play a 433 with one DM in front of back 4 and winks /sissoko with Dele just in front and Kane Eriksen son / Lamela front 3.
I thought Winks should have started, as far as he's someone who can move the ball quickly and forward. Yet as you mentioned top class version would cost money and maybe Poch doesn't feel he's up to facing the Man U midfield.

By this time last year. We had lost 2 games in both the PL and Europe
This year we have lost 5.
Maybe that's why it hurts so much.

We lost 9 games total in PL and Europe last season.

By this time last year. We had lost 2 games in both the PL and Europe
This year we have lost 5.
Maybe that's why it hurts so much.

We lost 9 games total in PL and Europe last season.

Yet, we're through to the next round of the Europa League and a point better off in the league (with a better defensive record).

Perspective.

From TV thought the away support sounded brilliant today.
Sky gave an apology, if you heard some bad language after 'Fucking head in...' in the first half and Neville tried to claim it as 'what to expect when you come to Manchester..' Fucking mong.

Yes I did say to maybe play a 433 with one DM in front of back 4 and winks /sissoko with Dele just in front and Kane Eriksen son / Lamela front 3.
I thought Winks should have started, as far as he's someone who can move the ball quickly and forward. Yet as you mentioned top class version would cost money and maybe Poch doesn't feel he's up to facing the Man U midfield.

Poch is right

He wasn't

Disappointing but not on his own there!

From TV thought the away support sounded brilliant today.
Sky gave an apology, if you heard some bad language after 'Fucking head in...' in the first half and Neville tried to claim it as 'what to expect when you come to Manchester..' Fucking mong.

Our away fans are an absolute joy - absolutely loved it when Man Utd fans started booing Rose and the away fans drowned it out by singing "Danny..Danny Rose"

Maybe something gets lost in translation. Maybe

"I think with the chances we had and they have it's equal but they were clinical. ( I disagree. We struggled to create much of merit and while united did not cut us to ribbons. They had more intent )

"Like before I said it was an even competitive game. We had one clear chance that maybe chance the way of the game. Now it's about looking forward ( looking forward to beating the shit and losing to anyone who is decent - are you Martin Jol ? Is this 2006 -2008 ? )

"I think we are in a position we want to improve but you know we need to be positive and try to keep going." ( no shit mate. Look at Liverpool this season for improvements. Our team plays like a crab in middle age ! )

Our lack of attacking speed is killing this team

Yes I get that but it's more

There's no venom or intent

You get the odd free kick but that's it

Seems confidence has gone unless we're playing someone like Swansea or the Spam

Will be interesting against Hull

I would start Gorgeous and Winks and Sissoko unless any injuries

Need Coco and Vincent back

At least they have a go!

They sat deep to stop passes behind their FBs. We were forced to go through the middle. We got some joy down the right but failed to capitalise. The ref seemed under pressure so chose the easier decision on every occasion and they exploited this- I believe. There is nothing worse playing football and you feel the ref has been influenced, lets say?

Ultimately we did not do enough to score and that's why we lost. we had plenty of chances in wide areas in the 2nd half but did nothing with them.

Apart from that mistake I don't think their chances were that good. Victor should score. Yes they hit the bar too. Still think a draw would have been fair
Sorry mate but we got outplayed, 2nd to almost every ball and imo they deserved the win, half chances aside this is not good enough to beat a top 6 team away - everyone knew how Man U would set up and we played into their hands today

Sorry mate but we got outplayed, 2nd to almost every ball and imo they deserved the win, half chances aside this is not good enough to beat a top 6 team away - everyone knew how Man U would set up and we played into their hands today

I agree. But what I'm saying is that the goal that won the game was a gift we gave em. they did more to win then we did but still decided by that give away.

I was genuinely sure we'd win today. Certainly never saw us losing., Absolutely gutted and disgusted. But we'll still finish ahead of them.

Worst part is that I have a totally distraught daughter. She should know better at her age.

I dont want to sound like im losing my mind by saying this but, we lack a little pacey clinical forward up top. And i do think if any strikers we go for turn us down, Defoe is an option. Geeza has not lost it one bit. The only reason he dont score every week is because he plays for a really poor side (no disrespect to sunderland as they will probably grab a cheeky win against us later in in the season haha) i just think imagine the amount more goals we would score if we have someone up front like him as a plan B? Worth a thought i spose. Anyway. Dog crap day today. But got 2 games coming up where we can get some shooting practice and some wins. COYS!!

Scoring is still our problem. We do not have enough Midfield/forwards that we can count on scoring enough goals. How many of the following could you confidently say would have scoired the goal scored today?
Son, lamela,Alli,Eriksen & Kane. That is not enough. Most of the midfielders do not score very often. Why was Wanyama chosen for that free kick procedure when he was likely to miss and others would have done it better?
The likes of Sissoko, Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Onomah, Winks, Nkoudou And Janssen need to be scoring between 7-10 goals a season. You can get away with a few not doing that but not that many as it puts so much strain on the others especially with Kane & Lamela missing matches through injury and Eriksen having such a long poor spell.

Need another goalscorer if we want to compete at the top.

7 Son Heung-min
11Lamela
12Wanyama
14Nkoudou
15Dier
17Sissoko
19Dembélé
20Alli
23Eriksen
25Onomah
28Carroll
29Winks
Forwards
9Janssen
10Kane
I'm sure you've put a lot of feelings and thought into this post, but the point you're trying to make is erroneous.

No, we don't need (to buy) another goalscorer. Only one team scored more goals last season than we did (it was Manchester City). Personnel-wise, we're basically the same team we were last year. That means we're capable of scoring goals.

Expecting of Wanyama, Dier, Winks or Dembele (basically, defensive midfielders) to score 10 goals in a season is just folly. That's not their job.

Our problem is —probably more than ever before— motivation/attitude. Buying more players won't help. Better coaching/nurturing will.

Back
Top Bottom