Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham and Everton have asked Dinamo Zagreb about the possibility of signing Ante Coric this summer, according to Sky sources.

It is understood that Liverpool and Manchester City have also watched the 19-year-old playmaker, who has two caps for Croatia, but any interest on Jurgen Klopp's part has cooled.

But Coric fits the profile of Spurs next transfer target after Georges-Kevin N'Koudou, with the club keen to sign a creative attacking player similar to Christian Eriksen.

Coric has also attracted the attention of clubs from Germany and Italy and Sky sources understand Zagreb are prepared to discuss his departure this summer along with fellow attacking prospect Marko Rog.

Zagreb recently rejected an offer from Napoli for Rog, who also played for Croatia at Euro 2016 against Spain and has four caps for his country.

Sky sources have also been informed that Spurs were interested in signing former Dinamo Zagreb winger Marko Pjaca before he signed for Juventus last month.

It is understood Zagreb are expecting further interest in their players between now and the end of the transfer window.

Sky sources understand N'Koudou's transfer to Spurs has been delayed because of Marseille's transition into new ownership, as well as their desire to sign Spurs' Clinton N'Jie on loan, for which he has needed a work permit.
I'd rather we signed Coric instead of N'koudou and then another player

For experience of champions league & global statement, surely a loan deal for Schweinsteiger makes sense. He's certainly out of United

My German wife would love it too. For experience and a cool head in big ties, no doubts.
He would work hard as hell, but unfortunately I can't see his body handling the hard work needed under Poch.

For experience of champions league & global statement, surely a loan deal for Schweinsteiger makes sense. He's certainly out of United
Terrible idea. Unless the statement you want to make is that we're a destination club for those over the hill and over paid. He's finished as a top player - has been for a while

Terrible idea. Unless the statement you want to make is that we're a destination club for those over the hill and over paid. He's finished as a top player - has been for a while

I have heard worse suggestions on here..

I've contacts in the Scottish game who tell me John McGinn of Hibs is in advanced talks with Spurs. Was wondering if anyone had heard anything on the London grapevine?

In case you missed it, here's the latest revered bullshit..

Greyfox: Been told that Carroll, Bentaleb, Chadli and Yedlin can go if right money offered, interest from more than one club for each player. Loan fee for Fazio was almost the same as selling fee and Roma insisted on trying before making it permanent. Marseille holding up N'Kandou, but should be done before the season starts. Still working on a special signing, but waiting for the dust to settle on other clubs activity, not Spanish I've been told.

On another note the club are very happy with the increased membership gained from the Wembley deal, but furious with Ticketmaster for their service i.e. not being geared up properly for the first day.

Wouldn't surprise me if Winks breakthrough in pre-season has sort of made up Pochs mind on Carroll to be honest. He now knows he has a younger player who is better on the ball, stronger on the ball, looks better positionally and looks like arguably a better passer.

Wouldn't surprise me if Winks breakthrough in pre-season has sort of made up Pochs mind on Carroll to be honest. He now knows he has a younger player who is better on the ball, stronger on the ball, looks better positionally and looks like arguably a better passer.
Winks has definitely taken Mason/Carrolls spot for me

A highly rated young midfielder with a style of play and attitude completely aligned with the present Spurs system, or an old injury prone slow midfielder that a non-Champions League club don't want?

You do talk some shite.

Oh, yes. Between the two of us, I'm the one talking shit.

Ok.

A highly rated young midfielder with a style of play and attitude completely aligned with the present Spurs system, or an old injury prone slow midfielder that a non-Champions League club don't want?

You do talk some shite.

Schweinsteiger would be a signing for the experience. His attitude is second to none. I would sign him for no other reason than having a player with great winner instinct in the squad. While we wouldn't sign him for his playing ability alone, he has all the qualities you look for a player when when we need someone to calm things down when we're 0-1 up away at Dortmund or Woolwich. His legs may be gone, but not his mentality which is where such a signing would make sense.

That fella you have spent 1043 posts hyping up plays at the second Scottish level, which is on par somewhere between the Championship and League One. He has one cap for Scotland and might be really good. Still, players from that level have seriously lot to prove to be anything near good enough to be bought be Spurs at the age of 21,5 years old.

Schweinsteiger would be a signing for the experience. His attitude is second to none. I would sign him for no other reason than having a player with great winner instinct in the squad. While we wouldn't sign him for his playing ability alone, he has all the qualities you look for a player when when we need someone to calm things down when we're 0-1 up away at Dortmund or Woolwich. His legs may be gone, but not his mentality which is where such a signing would make sense.

That fella you have spent 1043 posts hyping up plays at the second Scottish level, which is on par somewhere between the Championship and League One. He has one cap for Scotland and might be really good. Still, players from that level have seriously lot to prove to be anything near good enough to be bought be Spurs at the age of 21,5 years old.
Sounds like a waste of money to me. The guy has done nothing at United, doubt he'd prove useful here

Sounds like a waste of money to me. The guy has done nothing at United, doubt he'd prove useful here

For the reasons I have stated I think he could be, with the aim of him stepping into Poch's coaching team. He is almost a god-like figure too many here in Germany (I live here), and although most know his legs are gone it was no surprise to see that Löw took him to the Euros.

If we actually looked for someone to start all games, he wouldn't be an alternative, as we have Wanyama, Dembele and Dier. But for someone to help the young ones like Onomah, Winks along the way, like once Naybet did for King, yes, it would make sense.

Too fat.

For the reasons I have stated I think he could be, with the aim of him stepping into Poch's coaching team. He is almost a god-like figure too many here in Germany (I live here), and although most know his legs are gone it was no surprise to see that Löw took him to the Euros.

If we actually looked for someone to start all games, he wouldn't be an alternative, as we have Wanyama, Dembele and Dier. But for someone to help the young ones like Onomah, Winks along the way, like once Naybet did for King, yes, it would make sense.

Wouldn't want him influencing our youngsters if the stories coming out of OT are true, he pissed off plenty of players there by never attending games when injured and just concentrating on getting himself fit for the Euro's, no interest in the club whatsoever, a proper mercenary by the sounds of it.

Never mind Edwards and Onomah...

I still think Fazio (obv), Carroll, Yedlin and Chadli will all go. Used to think so of Mason, but after this pre-season MP looks pretty confident in him.

I feels weird to think of, but in the first XXV of this squad, players like Davies, Trippier, HM Son and Vorm are on the very edge. Someone that is quite promising.

Back
Top Bottom