Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought exactly the same thing this evening.

I swear, you could probably map the aggression shown by our players against Chelsea to their age, and you'd get a pretty strong correlation of the younger ones losing it.

Can you imagine tonight if Alli had been eligible to play?!

Sorry bud, that's bullshit.

Dembele poking someone in the eye and will get a ban - 28 years old

Kyle Walker starting fights for the second game in a row - 26 years old this month

Jan ripping Costas shirt - 29 years old

They're three of our oldest players.

We've got a young team, it's easy to see correlation but that isn't causation. Dier, Lamela and Rose did kick out, but so did every other player on the pitch and our oldest squad member, Vorm, in the tunnel.

Well yesterday highlighted what I already thought, our best XI can beat anyone in the league and is up there as one of the best 2-3 but we need more depth coming out of the bench, especially in CM and in attack. We need better impact player than Chadli and someone who can cover for Dembele when he's out injured.

get those and I'm sure we can challenge the title next season as well

Sorry bud, that's bullshit.

Dembele poking someone in the eye and will get a ban - 28 years old

Kyle Walker starting fights for the second game in a row - 26 years old this month

Jan ripping Costas shirt - 29 years old

They're three of our oldest players.

We've got a young team, it's easy to see correlation but that isn't causation. Dier, Lamela and Rose did kick out, but so did every other player on the pitch and our oldest squad member, Vorm, in the tunnel.
I disagree. I think that if you look at the composure of our players during play, Dembele, Toby, Vertonghen, and Lloris were all the most 'calm' overall.

Even though 'calm' last night is mainly in relative terms.

Central midfield and striker a must.

These are positions we tried to strengthen last summer and in the winter. I have no doubt we'll strengthen in the summer.

I've thought this a thousand times this season. Michael Carrick type player.

A signing like when we got Parker 4 years ago.

I was going to suggest Xabi Alonso, but then checked his age. 34 is probably pushing it a bit. I agree with the sentiment though. I think our midfielders could use an experienced mentor playing alongside them.

In ($45M):
Kante - $23M
Lacazette - $22M
Onomah - Promote from U21
Walker-Peters - Promote from U21

Out ($30M):
Carroll - $6M
Chadli - $15M
Pritchard - $6M
Yedlin - $3M

I disagree. I think that if you look at the composure of our players during play, Dembele, Toby, Vertonghen, and Lloris were all the most 'calm' overall.

Even though 'calm' last night is mainly in relative terms.

Aye, and you can easily turn around and say that's down to their culture, rather than their age. 3/4 are Belgium and the other shares a border.

Not that I'm making that argument, but I think saying aggression = youth isn't true

Aye, and you can easily turn around and say that's down to their culture, rather than their age. 3/4 are Belgium and the other shares a border.

Not that I'm making that argument, but I think saying aggression = youth isn't true
Go away, you tragic manc

Squad for new season

Lloris, Vorm
Walker, Trippier, Rose, Davies
Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Wimmer
Dembele, Dier, New, Benteleb, Mason
Lamela, Son, Eriksen, New, Alli,
Kane, New, N'Jie

That's a 22 man squad (23 including the 3rd choice goalkeeper).

I'm a Chadli fan but i do think we could improve on him by bringing a young talented creative player to replace him. That could possibly be Pritchard but i dunno. i think 3 cb's is fine as Dier can obviously cover if needed and the DM/CM we bring in would slot into Dier's DM/CM role. Caroll and Yedlin to be sold (i'm not a Mason fan at all but i think we need him with juggling all the cup competitions).

That's what i want to happen BUT i think the following things could happen:
* Davies is sold and Umtiti replaces him.
* Benteleb is sold.

In ($45M):
Kante - $23M
Lacazette - $22M
Onomah - Promote from U21
Walker-Peters - Promote from U21

Out ($30M):
Carroll - $6M
Chadli - $15M
Pritchard - $6M
Yedlin - $3M

Do you actually mean dollars or just couldn't be fucked putting quid/£?

Because if not, you thinking Kante will leave for £14mil is an absolute joke.

i think 3 cb's is fine as Dier can obviously cover if needed and the DM/CM we bring in would slot into Dier's DM/CM role.

I'd rather we had 4 "proper" cb's and let Dier concentrate on developing himself as a midfielder. Maybe Dominic Ball could be our 4th choice cb next season?

Other than that I pretty much agree with what you say.

Back
Top Bottom