your spurs first 11 (fit atm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me personally Ade has to start there - his hold-up play and overall link up is far superior, offering considerably more versatility as an outlet (most importantly) - while Sig is an attacking mid who appears terribly short of confidence (and subsequenly form) whose best position is behind the striker.

I don't think Dempsey should be starting because of Holtby but people are so biased against him it is crazy. He is only trailing Defoe and Bale in goals+assists with significantly less starts than either of them. Plus, two clutch goals against United.

Saying you would have subbed him off five minutes into the United game is one of the most inane comments I've seen on this board. I would rather have Holtby starting but the continual bashing of Dempsey despite his statistical production is just obnoxious.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Dembele
Lennon Siggy Holtby Bale
Ade

Dont need Parker against any team below 7-8 in my opinion. For better teams, swap Siggy for Parker and revert to normal. maybe.

I don't think that is a very safe tactic, not all the teams below 8th are shit. Newcastle are a prime example are a team that have significantly strengthened and pose a proper threat to us in midfield. It would be foolhardy to treat them as a walkover.

Branch flower presents the same argument I would present.

Ade can hold the opponent off with his back turned. Long balls clouted become opportunities instead of exchanging possession solely to put the opposition back in their 1/3.

And a confident Ade playing solves so many problems allowing more productive tinkering with lineups. Dempsey or Sig up top is desperation on display. Dempsey is an opportunist vulture. He feasts on mistakes created by others.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Dembele
Lennon Siggy Holtby Bale
Ade

Dont need Parker against any team below 7-8 in my opinion. For better teams, swap Siggy for Parker and revert to normal. maybe.

I don't think that is a very safe tactic, not all the teams below 8th are shit. Newcastle are a prime example are a team that have significantly strengthened and pose a proper threat to us in midfield. It would be foolhardy to treat them as a walkover.

Newcastle is a fair point. I'm not suggesting they are all walkovers, far from it. But did we need Parker doing his thing so much against Norwich and QPR? If a team is going to park the bus then I would rather have an extra potential goal threat and little more creativity, which Parker is not.

I disagree with the selection of Caulker and Vertonghen over Dawson. Dawson has been immense this season, and I think that Caulker is still a bit naive at times. He will be a great player, but he lacks experience. I think that a team without Dawson and Parker (and Kaboul) lacks leadership, which IMO is why we conceded so many late goals earlier in the season. Same reason why I don't understand people being reluctant to pick Parker - 1 of 6 nominees for player of the season last year - although I admit I would prefer Sandro, he is a top player. Dawson would do anything for the club and those are the sort of people we need. I almost died when we were gonna sell him in the summer, especially after losing King.

Lloris
Benny Dawson Vertonghen Walker
Parker Dembele
Bale Holtby Lennon
Adebayor

(I would like to see Siggy get more opportunities to start though)

I'm
I disagree with the selection of Caulker and Vertonghen over Dawson. Dawson has been immense this season, and I think that Caulker is still a bit naive at times. He will be a great player, but he lacks experience. I think that a team without Dawson and Parker (and Kaboul) lacks leadership, which IMO is why we conceded so many late goals earlier in the season. Same reason why I don't understand people being reluctant to pick Parker - 1 of 6 nominees for player of the season last year - although I admit I would prefer Sandro, he is a top player. Dawson would do anything for the club and those are the sort of people we need. I almost died when we were gonna sell him in the summer, especially after losing King.
Very happy with our cbs dawson could easily be there. That is a position we are so strong at. Spurs have more quality options over any team in the epl. Just keep gallas away for me.

1.:keane:
2.:keane:
3.:keane:
4. :keane:
5. :keane:
6. :keane:
7.:keane:
8.:keane:
9.:keane:
10.:keane:
11.:keane:

Subs bench:
:keane: :keane: :keane: :keane: :keane: :keane: :keane:

:harryhmm:

Benny on the left all day, for me. Jan in the middle. Then Caulker/Daws alongside him - happy with both.

I don't think we should drop Adebayor for a midfielder. He's the only fit striker, so I'd quite like to see him on the pitch. Him, Bale, Holtby, and Lennon is theoretically a really strong attacking unit. Obviously it depends on him finding form, but tbf we have been asking him to play alongside Defoe/in front of Dempsey, since this will be quite different, he deserves a chance to turn things round.

I know it isn't the strongest side atm but if you were to play spurs today who would you pick? I would choose this starting 11.
Dempsey for me has had too many chances and I feel Siggy deserves a chance up front as a false 9. Siggy also dribbles so smooth and has a wicked shot. When bale comes in Siggy can drop back and Holtby can go out. If the players are rotating like that then we can be deadly and so hard to mark. I feel bale comes in too much and congests the middle. When he is out wide we stretch them. We should have pumped wba 0-3.
Another interesting choice was Caulker over dawson. Dawson has been amazing but i feel Caulker offers a better threat at set pieces. Holtby is already showing his class, link up play is sweet.
I'm not saying Dempsey should never play again but give Siggy more time and make Dempsey the impact off the bench. Adebayor wasn't forgotten but I feel he has been wasteful aswell. A stint on the bench will make him hungry. Thoughts?

Lloris
Walker, Caulker, Vertonghen, Bae
Parker, Dembele
Lennon, Holtby, Bale
Sigurdsson

Back
Top Bottom