"Yid" chanting...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yid chants, offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 317 92.2%

• Total voters
cause it's cringey as fuck
Haha - true, but if using yid is as purely positive and public spirited as people say it is, why isn't that cringey as well? Imo the reason it can be used as a badge of honour at all is because it has power as an insult - and using it positively or negatively gives it more power - which, like the N word, only one group of people should have a right to.

Is this Scottish foreplay?

I dunno but when Aberdeen Yid decided to invite me to take part in a bit of slagging I was delighted to partake. The Dundee loving Aberdeen named Scottish cock pot that he is :)

I'm sure it's just banter, but if it's not then I'm please don't hurt me Aberdeen Yid, you lovely lovely man.

I dunno but when Aberdeen Yid decided to invite me to take part in a bit of slagging I was delighted to partake. The Dundee loving Aberdeen named Scottish cock pot that he is :)

I'm sure it's just banter, but if it's not then I'm please don't hurt me Aberdeen Yid, you lovely lovely man.
I could burst you like an over inflated balloon. If you ask me nicely.

Fuck commuting from Perth to Aberdeen, btw. Sounds like a fucking arse ache. Especially having to drive through the Shitty of Discovery. Balls to that.

I could burst you like an over inflated balloon. If you ask me nicely.

Fuck commuting from Perth to Aberdeen, btw. Sounds like a fucking arse ache. Especially having to drive through the Shitty of Discovery. Balls to that.

Judging by your reply I reckon you are actually a cross between Boy George and a dancer for Take That ;-)

Never go through Dundee, prefer to go the back road to Forfar.

Dear FA...

A5312_zps1c5b7553.jpg

Lets just hope Israel don't set off a nuclear strike one day.

Using the term Yid means different things to many people. Even ones that support the same football team. Jewish or not.

Abroad it means even more different things.

I'm committed to anti antisemitism. Christ they suffered enough already.

Not sure I'm comfortable being branded an, un asked, un thanked for 'army' committed to the cause by dent of supporting Spurs by the uneducated or ignorant ( of opposing fans ). Thats not why I support Spurs.

Yids are not us. Its not our word. We can be Myopic but ultimately we are just making ourselves look stupid. The larger our profile grows the more we become the Jewish club of Europe. When we're not.

Unless the fans singing this are truly searching for Zion.

We could say magnanimously. We will stop singing this if...IF you closely follow Chelsea and West Ham for 5 seasons at home.

And every club away.

I have a team on the Barclays Premier League Fantasy Football site called Whispering Palm Yids.
I have just received a e-mail from them saying that my team was deemed offensive and they renamed it to NAME CHANGE. I then went on to make a alteration to 'WhisperingPalm SPURS'. They warned me that if I use anything that can be deemed offensive again, my account will be deleted.
This is just getting really silly now. If we do stop chanting our slogan, not in a month of Sundays will the opposition stop. They will keep calling us that and what will the Premier League do then. It is our identity and is not meant to cause harm to Jewish people. It is more as a respect to the Jewish community around Tottenham. I get the impression the PL are stirring this up and no good will come from it. Leave well alone.

I've looked through that Baddiel article in the Guardian and from what it seems, his concern is more to do with how Chelsea/other London clubs use phrases like 'Fucking Yid/Jew scum' towards us.

So, we are the ones that have to change because of that?

Why aren't they going after the fans that use the term to demean us privately instead of a very public campaign against Spurs to stop us singing what we have coined as our identity? All Baddiel has done is brought it back to the attention of the public, which will lead to more antisemitic chanting towards us and in turn we will sing 'YID ARMY' louder and prouder than ever before.

Back
Top Bottom