**WW's knee-jerk express**

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well not really but these are just some observations i've had for a while now, some i've stated previously but i'm going to list them all anyway;

1. We bought to many tank like players and not enough attack minded players, i've no idea why we signed Paulinho AND Capoue when we had Dembele and Sandro already.

2. Lennon is twice the player Townsend is and I hope the latter starts on the bench from now on.

3. Lamela needs game time until he comes good, we must put trust in him.

4. Lloris is nowhere near as good as some spurs fans believe he is.

5. Soldado does not fit our style and does not work hard enough for the team.

6. Jan Vertonghan has regressed this season much the same way his fellow countryman Vermaelen did before him.

7. We sold Caulker and kept flailing calamity Dawson, someone needs to pay for this huge mistake.

8. In Chadli we were flogged a dud.

9. Lewis Holtby is not good enough for what we're trying to achieve.

10. Replacing your best players is not easy to do and it's clear AVB hasn't managed to do it.

Don't agree with 4/6/8.

Lloris was poor today but how many times has he saved us this season?

Vertonghen is being played out of position all the time. He has a clueless player in Dawson next to him and either Naughton or Rose on the other who are nowhere near good enough.

Haven't seen enough of Chadli but 8m does seem a bump for what looks like an average player.

Don't agree with 4/6/8.

Lloris was poor today but how many times has he saved us this season?

Vertonghen is being played out of position all the time. He has a clueless player in Dawson next to him and either Naughton or Rose on the other who are nowhere near good enough.

Haven't seen enough of Chadli but 8m does seem a bump for what looks like an average player.
Just look at Friedel vs Newcastle for the goal

Well not really but these are just some observations i've had for a while now, some i've stated previously but i'm going to list them all anyway;

1. We bought to many tank like players and not enough attack minded players, i've no idea why we signed Paulinho AND Capoue when we had Dembele and Sandro already.

2. Lennon is twice the player Townsend is and I hope the latter starts on the bench from now on.

On the rest of your points I either agree or don't feel passionately enough to disagree on, but these I do. We bought Capoue and Paulinho because we shipped out Thudd, Livermore, and Parker. Regardless of results, our defensive midfield is better than last year.

Lennon is not twice the player Townsend is. Were Townsend given more space without the high back line, he could contribute far more.

said Dawson is a liability for a while now, all people say to me is 'well atleast he's loyal' yeah but you can't mark a player well loyalty or stop a ball with loyalty now, can you?
I would be loyal too if I got paid tens of thousands every week to play for a club that are miles above where I should be

3. Lamela needs game time until he comes good, we must put trust in him.

4. Lloris is nowhere near as good as some spurs fans believe he is.

6. Jan Vertonghan has regressed this season much the same way his fellow countryman Vermaelen did before him.

7. We sold Caulker and kept flailing calamity Dawson, someone needs to pay for this huge mistake.

8. In Chadli we were flogged a dud.

9. Lewis Holtby is not good enough for what we're trying to achieve.

10. Replacing your best players is not easy to do and it's clear AVB hasn't managed to do it.
I think I started this thread before

Last edited by a moderator:
Number 5 is a hard one. Its true to a degree. Watching him score the type of goals he did in Spain, its hard to see how, with the way we play, he'll bang them in here. I think he's a smashing player, and a terrific finisher - but we don't play to his strengths.

From a personal point of view, I'm not too fussed abut the 'doesn't work too hard part'. If others do the donkeywork for him to score, then I'd be happy.

Just out of interest, just how far into the season, is being outraged at a 6-0 defeat NOT deemed to be knee-jerk???
Is early May OK???

Kaboul is shite too,always was before we flogged him and after we bought him back

Love dawsons commitment but hes not good enough

Oh and how can you right off chadli after a about 3 games is amazing

Ade showed more willing in that 45 than that fraud has all season.

His best position is centre back, and more importantly he's our best centre back, playing him out of position weakens us.

Loaning out BAE well that's down to the manager.

Back
Top Bottom