Would you take relegation if it meant new owners and a fresh start?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take relegation if it meant new owners?

• Yes

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Fuck Off

Votes: 53 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there’s a very unpleasant reality we need to accept.

As and when Lewis fucks off, it will be Levy that takes over. He will lead the consortium that buys the ENIC majority shares.

He’s not going anyway. The pitiful fucking gnome will outlive us all.

Just apathetic with it all. We just go round in circles. When a good season is 4th and a bad season 8th it does make you think whats the point. Barely mustered a cup run for years outside a spawny draw all the way to the league cup final. Looking much more at my local non league side these days.

It shouldn't TAKE relegation to make that sort of change... Why should it be THAT drastic..?

It's like saying should you have to die of cancer before you stop smoking?

I get plenty of people probably don't, by why should it be sick a drastic outcome before change is made?

I predict a riot!

I see a return of the Purple/Yellow balloons before the Burnley game!

(Even though it shoulda been chocolate & gold, they missed a trick there... But fuck it, I guess that makes them as stupid as the owners!)

I think there’s a very unpleasant reality we need to accept.

As and when Lewis fucks off, it will be Levy that takes over. He will lead the consortium that buys the ENIC majority shares.

He’s not going anyway. The pitiful fucking gnome will outlive us all.
And then hand the baton over to his son for the next few decades after his demise!

I genuinely think I'd enjoy football more if we were a championship club that played 8 academy kids who actually cared.

If it meant we needed to get relegated and lose the Premier League TV money to get a fresh start and change of culture at the club, would you still support this club in the Championship?
Why don't you just choose a local lower league team and support them then? There's nothing stopping you, is there?

You can always come back to Spurs if we win something.

It shouldn't TAKE relegation to make that sort of change... Why should it be THAT drastic..?

It's like saying should you have to die of cancer before you stop smoking?

I get plenty of people probably don't, by why should it be sick a drastic outcome before change is made?

I predict a riot!

I see a return of the Purple/Yellow balloons before the Burnley game!

(Even though it shoulda been chocolate & gold, they missed a trick there... But fuck it, I guess that makes them as stupid as the owners!)

It shouldn't.

If it did, would you take it?

It shouldn't.

If it did, would you take it?
🤔 well according to some (I'm too young to remember *cough* mate) 1977/78 was a CLASSIC year of supporting Spurs...
And no doubt it would sort the wheat from the chaff (by Chaff, I mean day tripper tourists!)
Yes, we'd probably have 35,000 in a half empty ground, but BOY OH BOY would they give a shit!

So yes, fuck it, I'm in..

Where do I sign up for the relegation train crash season 2024/25!

Just pure apathy now

First 10 games got me back in back where I was the last 2 years. I used to make sure I never missed a game now I forget half the time we play.

Same shit different manager squad needs gutting I don't have faith the parasites at the top will do it. They are happy to do just enough every season so where are around the top 6.

Ange will be sacked next year. New man will come in uplift in form until players decide they don't care again. Rinse and repeat.

Boring and I get more enjoyment watching championship games then I do most prem games now thanks to VAR refs and other shit.
I surprisingly remembered we were playing today but thought it was at 8pm. Was pleased when I turned on my illegal stream to see I missed 30 mins. Result!

I'd support the Club whatever the division, whoever the owners and regardless of playing style.....why wouldn't I, they're my team?

That said I reserve the right to bitch and moan ad infinitum according to my mood but wishing relegation on them is a step too far.

The simple solution to curing the monotony is to either stop watching or stop attending games.

New owners could be a change for the better or worse who knows, I actually couldn't give a fcuk either way to be honest. I was here before them and (hopefully) I'll be here long after they've fukced off.

If others feel the need to pursue a fresh start in the other divisions/leagues then go with our blessing but you're not taking our team with you.

:ange-pray:

Just accept that being a Spurs fan means being shit and the but of every joke?
We're 5th in the Premiership, so we're not nearly as shit as we could be. You're behaving like some entitled little prick. I understand that losing hurts, but throwing all your toys out of the pram solves nothing. Your 'dream team' would still lose matches in the lower leagues and then guess what - you'd be moaning about it.

If you're the butt of every joke - choose new friends.

No I wouldn't and what a stupid fucking question. Sometimes I do wonder if some of you cunts are even Spurs fans at all or just random losers cosplaying on forums like this so you can ask sperm brained questions like this.

There is no escaping it anymore. The same pattern just happens over and over again.

As long as there is enough Premier League TV money coming in, Levy and ENIC aren't going anywhere and we will be doing the same shit.

I can only speak for myself but supporting this club has nothing to do with playing in the Premier League. If I'm honest I have grown to hate this competition. I genuinely think I'd enjoy football more if we were a championship club that played 8 academy kids who actually cared.

If it meant we needed to get relegated and lose the Premier League TV money to get a fresh start and change of culture at the club, would you still support this club in the Championship?
Let’s not forget enic & levy want us out the football league. If they had their way we would be out of it. So the championship is better than not being in it .

Back
Top Bottom