Would you consider not supporting us if.....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting sold to a state just to boost their image (like PSG or City), wouldn't make me not support the club, but I wouldn't be as invested, and I wouldn't take pride in any achievements.

I'll always support them. Players, managers, come and go. It's been part of my DNA since I was 6 so just can't envisage anything that would stop me supporting the team, even if Judas was in charge!

Klopp is just such a sore loser, this type of shit is a pattern with him. He gets away with it because he’s got a bit of personality when things are going well.

I don’t think any player or manager could lead to me not supporting us because they come and go with such frequency.

The thing that would do it for me would be a really vile owner or ownership group. For example, I would have had a pretty tough time with the Saudi government taking us over like almost happened with Newcastle. Having to view everything a foreign government does through the lens of my football club would be deeply unpleasant, they just shouldn’t mix.

If Jose won us over Klopp would have no issues doing so. It's completely laughable to think otherwise.

Jose has history being a cunt and being a cunt towards us.
Coined bus parking term against us.
Mocked Willian transfer steal.
All the anti football and cynical fouling against us.
All round Chav legend who spent his way to the league.

Eye poking Tito.
Verbal abuse to chelsea physio.
Being a moany cunt at past clubs, blaming everything and everyone.

List goes on. Klopp is annoying (I think he's a try-hard gurning cunt) but nothing on that level.

If Klopp had us playing well with that style we would all be lapping his antics up. Much like we are now with Jose and his antics.

If we sell Kane or Tanguy I'm out though.

I cannot imagine not being a Spurs supporter under any circumstances, as it is too ingrained in my psyche.
I can't say I have always been proud of the decisions that has been made in the name of the Club, but owners/managers/players come and go, so am not going to stop being a Spurs supporter because of that. I will probably give up my season ticket in the future, if I decide to move away or financial restraints become a factor. But I would only stop being a supporter if we went out of business, and I would give up on football altogether.
I'm not a fan of the modern game, TBH - too political, too much money, dodgy agents, dodgy owners, VAR, the list is endless.

If Klopp was our manager we'd love him, If Suarez was our player we'd love him and defend him.

that's how all football fans are, jingoistic, one eyed hypocrites who live in a world of whataboutery.

All fans are the same, the reason I hold a particular place of hate for Liverpool fans is that they actually believe they're better/more moral/ this means more.

Quite like Klopp even though he can be a big baby when he loses. Would love him as our coach, he's top class.

Would take a lot for me to stop supporting the club. A dubious character being employed wouldn't do it. A decade of Burnley-like football and no attempt to change would dull my enthusiasm.

Maybe if there was an uncovering of institutional pedophilia or something like that.

Sorry Klopp - this year was always going to be the year to have a big squad and rotate your starting 11. They’ve pretty much gone 2 seasons without any major injuries, so shit happens.

You are in your local, in walks Gemma Arterton. Your eyes meet and it is electric. You get to chatting and one thing leads to another. A week later she says that you are the one and only, she will spend her life with you but she hates football. You have to give up Spurs. What do you do then?
The first thing I’d do is Google who she is. Then I’d shrug and start singing Being A Yid.

A name change or change of official colours.
I know another club where I think the owners wouldn't have any problems with that..

West-Ham-Logo.png

I know a few who still despise Mourinho despite him now being our manager. He'll always be a cunt to them.

I fucking hated George Graham as our manager. The very thought of it still disgusts me but it didn't stop me turning up to watch the team when he was there.

Truth is the club is bigger than any manager, player or owner. If you're a real fan it's for life no matter what.

Moving to the London stadium would of been heart breaking. I would of given up my season ticket but I would still support them. I still be a spurs man. I would just of fallen out of love with the game.. its why the protest were so heartening. Levy knew there would of been a huge price to pay and if we were in West ham shoes he'd never been forgiven.

Being taken over by a petrol state would also affect my love of the club but I could never not be a spurs man.

If we ended up going down the road of City, PSG, Chavs buying trophies and signing greedy little mercenaries who have absolutely no interest in Tottenham Hotspur and the history of the club......I know we all want trophies & success but I’d rather do what we’re doing and have done for the past decade or so and try and win honestly and win because we deserved to win. I’d sooner win one cup like that than ten bought.........in saying that I’d still support the club but would certainly take no pride in it.

Fucking pointless what if thread. Surely all fans here say they would support us no matter what....
Delete this fucking thread as it is nonsense. Might as well say would you still breath of there's no air? Fucking lowest common denominator red top worthy thread!

Back
Top Bottom