Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin Admin

Is it possible to add a quoted post when editing a post ?

Edit;
For example I can hit the quote button on the above post but can't insert it into this one.

Admin Admin

Is it possible to add a quoted post when editing a post ?

Edit;
For example I can hit the quote button on the above post but can't insert it into this one.
Not very easily, it seems.

You can click the +Quote link under a post and then use the 'Insert Quotes' button under the reply editor at the bottom of a thread to insert the quote into that editor... then copy & paste that quote into your edited post.

There's a suggestion on the forum software website to make this process easier so hopefully it will be something they add in the future.

Item 1
Really wondering what is going on with foul voting. Previously, we filled in the reason for our foul vote but now we click one of 4 predetermined reasons (abuse, off-topic, not Spurs, rating spam). Putting aside the mechanism of foul voting someone for rating spam, this necessarily means that these are the only reasons folks can be placed on the naughty step. Previously, concern for obvious trolling, a truly noxious and disruptive behavior that often leads to 3 of the 4 reasons, was fair game.

Why has trolling concern gone by the wayside? Does admin not see the correlation? I call for obvious trolling to be placed on the list.

Item 2
I'd like to reiterate a call for some mechanism to curb new members posting freedoms. Much of the toxic nonsense comes from these folks and then *poof* they're gone.

Item 3
We should revisit Carlito Brigante's point about much of the toxicity coming from a cadre of 8 or so posters...they know who they are...they are the ones that complain that others should adjust so they may be spared consequences for their actions, amongst other entitled things.

I'd like you to limit the number of Twitter links that people can post in a day, but it's not really going to work is it?

If I had wanted to be CONSTANTLY bombarded by twitter shite, I would have signed up to it.

got another one...in regards to probation, if a new user get binned or booked within a certain period they should just be sent off. There are folks getting sanctioned within a month of joining and it's really clear they are toxic yet they remain...makes no sense.

got another one...in regards to probation, if a new user get binned or booked within a certain period they should just be sent off. There are folks getting sanctioned within a month of joining and it's really clear they are toxic yet they remain...makes no sense.
How deep is the abyss into which we throw these suggestions?

But before considering that here's another: make foul votes public just like votes in a poll. If you don't have the balls to do it publicly and stand behind it then you probably shouldn't do it. Instead of admin explaining the machinations that go on we can see it for ourselves...just like VAR and the PL. It's a lot easier to understand when we can use our own faculties...those of us that have them. It will also shed light on those posters that abuse the process...

Sure would love to hear a real good argument against that one....

But before considering that here's another: make foul votes public just like votes in a poll. If you don't have the balls to do it publicly and stand behind it then you probably shouldn't do it. Instead of admin explaining the machinations that go on we can see it for ourselves...just like VAR and the PL. It's a lot easier to understand when we can use our own faculties...those of us that have them. It will also shed light on those posters that abuse the process...

So, you're saying that Admin is VAR? I'd always thought of him as more of a Freddy Kruger.

So, you're saying that Admin is VAR? I'd always thought of him as more of a Freddy Kruger.
No, no, no, no! Freddy K was evil and out for revenge...I'm not sure that is admin's motivation. My working theory is he not the embodiment of VAR as much as he might actually Mike Dean...doing it for the LOLs.

You proposed it??

That definitely wouldn’t make the forum more toxic…
Definitely not.

I mean, it's not as if there's any tit for tat on here at the moment.

You can't even give someone a disagree these days without some getting all whiny bitches.

Mini Golf Toddler GIF

But before considering that here's another: make foul votes public just like votes in a poll. If you* don't have the balls to do it publicly and stand behind it then you probably shouldn't do it. Instead of admin explaining the machinations that go on we can see it for ourselves...just like VAR and the PL. It's a lot easier to understand when we can use our own faculties...those of us that have them. It will also shed light on those posters that abuse the process...

iu

*the foul voter

Back
Top Bottom