World Cup XI

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should they be in England's starting 11?

• Townsend

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • Dawson

• Naughton

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Rose

• Total voters
GK - J.Hart, J.Ruddy, B.Foster.
Def - G.Johnson, K.Walker, G.Cahill, P.Jagielka, P.Jones, S.Caulker, L.Shaw, L.Baines.
Mid - J.Milner, R.Sterling, S.Gerrard, J.Henderson, R.Barkley, M.Carrick, J.Wilshere, A.Lallana.
Att - W.Rooney, D.Sturridge, J.Rodriguez, D.Welbeck.

That's the 23 for me. Carrick is there to make up the numbers and i'm a big fan of Caulker who is massively underrated and would like to see Liverpool look at him in the summer. I hope they take Shaw over Cole and I can't stand Jack Wilshere but if he's fit I assume Hodgson will take him. If not then I suppose Townsend would be next cab off the rank. The starting XI for me would be:

Hart, Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines, Sterling, Henderson, Gerrard (c), Lallana, Rooney, Sturridge.

My admittedly Liverpool bias would put Johnson in instead of Spurs' Walker but either would do a similar job in my opinion.

GK - J.Hart, J.Ruddy, B.Foster.
Def - G.Johnson, K.Walker, G.Cahill, P.Jagielka, P.Jones, S.Caulker, L.Shaw, L.Baines.
Mid - J.Milner, R.Sterling, S.Gerrard, J.Henderson, R.Barkley, M.Carrick, J.Wilshere, A.Lallana.
Att - W.Rooney, D.Sturridge, J.Rodriguez, D.Welbeck.

That's the 23 for me. Carrick is there to make up the numbers and i'm a big fan of Caulker who is massively underrated and would like to see Liverpool look at him in the summer. I hope they take Shaw over Cole and I can't stand Jack Wilshere but if he's fit I assume Hodgson will take him. If not then I suppose Townsend would be next cab off the rank. The starting XI for me would be:

Hart, Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines, Sterling, Henderson, Gerrard (c), Lallana, Rooney, Sturridge.

My admittedly Liverpool bias would put Johnson in instead of Spurs' Walker but either would do a similar job in my opinion.

Liverpool bias? Never.

Even with my admittedly Spurs bias Ox would be in my squad, and I'm certain that even the fucking vacuum of a human being Hodgson will realise we'll need to take more than one genuine winger.

Back
Top Bottom