Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In some respects we were lucky to still be in it in the last 10 minutes or so, we were very vulnerable on the break and they had the better chances in the second half. We should be thankful that Lloris is quality, one of the main reasons there was a chance we could have nicked something towards the end.

The reason we didn't is that tactically we weren't being allowed to break fast and added to that we did not have enough, options, Lamela looked promising when he had a channel on the right side but it was just too soon for him to come on I reckon.

In honesty we were outfoxed today but it isn't all bad, I think the fact we have a fit Sandro will probably help as cover for Capoue, we do have depth and it really isn't the end of the world. Not happy at losing there and I think we lacked guile but we are going to be a work in progress for the next few games.

Biggest downer from the match for me has to be the injury to Capoue. Looks like we might not see him until christmas. Didn't think we played that badly, Woolwich were just able to take advantage of the fact that our first XI is lacking chemistry given the overhaul that has occurred over the summer. I'd expect a very different outcome were the same two sides to line up for the home leg at WHL later in the season. It's been said many times already, but we missed that creative spark today that links up the midfield to the attack, not stressed though, more buzzing my tits off for the integration of Eriksen into the team.

On a more positive note, didn't see much of him but I thought Lamela had a cool head on him with the ball at his feet, particularly on the edge of the box. Thought Walker had a really good game. :)

Happy thoughts people. :chicco:

Well ... the game was nerving to watch and it really highlighted what we need and what we have an abundance of.

We saw today that Power failed against Creativity.
I know it's gonna take time gelling, so will cut AVB some slack.

But, Soldado again looked lost. To really get in the game, he often came deep to pick up the ball.
Again need that link between MF and Soldado ... so thank god, we got Eriksen.

Wish Holtby would have come on. I think AVB waited too late to make subs.
Although Holtby might have came on if Capoue wasn't injured.
Sad for Capoue ... will be out for a couple of weeks. Oh well, thank god again we got the beast waiting.

I felt the game was really slow for us. We need to be more quick in decision making ... especially at crucial times like with Paulo and Walker. Also, again as usual ... crossing is really poor from the fullbacks. They really need to be practicing that. However, a plus was that they at least did cross more often than before.

Walcott really bested Rose. Although Rose did put good effort. We really ought to get a LB like Coentrao.
I think we did see that gaps were indeed exposed between the fullbacks and centerhalfs.

Overall, our team didn't really look too nice.
Dawson, Dembele, Capoue were all a tad off.
On the contrary, Townsend and Lloris (and a little bit of Chadli, though dissapointed with his shots) were the highlights in our team.

Oh well, a nice international break to get things straight. And then we have 2 games that we should win. COYS!

Im not having any of this 'wait for the players to gel' bollocks.

We created fuck all, that doesnt come with gelling, it comes with having creative players in your team.

And when we do get Eriksen in, the pressure on that boy is going to be IMMENSE, and he'll be hounded out big time if he doesnt create things instantly.

Lewis Holtby should have played. Eriksen and Holtby should share the no.10 duties. I'd love to see Siggy come good with them as well but in any case I don't think Eriksen has to shoulder the burden alone. The manager needs to show that he's willing to give Holtby a go though. What the actual fuck was today? When you look at the first three league games, they've been bereft of ideas.

I was a little surprised AVB didn't put in Holtby at halftime. He should've subbed him for Dembele, after the 1st half that was the move that made the most sense.

I was a little surprised AVB didn't put in Holtby at halftime. He should've subbed him for Dembele, after the 1st half that was the move that made the most sense.
I really don't like that AVB refuses to makes subs before 60 mins unless it's an injury or the player is having a shocker. Can anyone correct me on this if I'm wrong?

Chadli was fantastic. He isn't flashy, he isn't going to wow you, but he gets the job done better than most players. I'd take him over Lennon every single day. He played solidly today and was one of our best players IMO.

he's got sum flash to him mate, that little flick first half was class and his dribbling ability is quality, anyway I'm off before the manic depressives and harrys the greatest manager EVER brigades show up

heads up lads the gooners will try to lord it up over this but that's only because they know we'll do them over the course of the season, and all you blokes with gooner mates well it's your own fuckn fault, I don't hang with sad cunts

chin up COYS

Not too upset at the result, so early in the season it won't have a huge effect but just a couple points.

1) Can't see Danny Rose having a long-term future at spurs.

2) Lloris is world class

3) Dawson wont retain his place once Kaboul is 100%

4) We were perhaps too negative today, 3 holding midfielders was a bit excessive with no number 10 in front.

I thought Rose was more to blame for pinching inside and not paying attention to Walcott. Dawson was an inch away from blocking Giroud's shot.
Has to be Dawson to blame. Only one not to hold the line. They've obviously been told to play the line, the captain should be the one dictating that shit.

Back
Top Bottom