Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Possibly go with Dembele in the midfield 3 to wear them down, then bring on one of Siggy/Holtby/Eriksen to open them up and attack? Or Start with an attacking player in the midfield 3 and bring on one of Sandro/Dembele/whoever doesn't start, to close the game out?

Possibly go with Dembele in the midfield 3 to wear them down, then bring on one of Siggy/Holtby/Eriksen to open them up and attack? Or Start with an attacking player in the midfield 3 and bring on one of Sandro/Dembele/whoever doesn't start, to close the game out?
If the Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele trio can batter them physically for 45mins and really tire them out I'd go with that to begin with and if the scoreline is still even by HT I'd chuck Holtby on for Dembele to split them open a bit more.

I have my doubts though that we can wear em down enough in the first 45-60mins to then use tiredness against them by throwing on a more creative player and would therefore much rather we had that creative player on to begin with to put them to the sword from the off.

I have a dream....that this Sunday will mark the beginning of a glorious new era for the Spurs. That we will destroy our arch rival for all the world to see, and will send out a statement of intent to the rest of the league, and they will hear the battle-cry of the mighty Spurs and tremble in fear of what's coming their way. And at the end of this season we will step through the curtain and finally take our seat at the high table, with an eye to the future where we will eventually conquer the premier league and then the champions league. Come on you mother fucking beautiful lilywhites, COYS!!!!!!!!

But having said that, I'll be ok with a draw :soldadowtf:

If the Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele trio can batter them physically for 45mins and really tire them out I'd go with that to begin with and if the scoreline is still even by HT I'd chuck Holtby on for Dembele to split them open a bit more.

I have my doubts though that we can wear em down enough in the first 45-60mins to then use tiredness against them by throwing on a more creative player and would therefore much rather we had that creative player on to begin with to put them to the sword from the off.

Well if we can't wear them down (which, being so close to the start of the season is unlikely) maybe we should start with a midfield 3 of Sandro, Capoue and Paulinho and just fucking break them...then send on Holtby, Carroll and Eriksen to play the remnants off the park!

@ MKYid MKYid Good idea in theory, sadly I think we'd end up with a red card with the ref pussying out and feeling sorry for the scum. I don't want to be super defensive against this lot, we have enough about ourselves to be the ones on the front foot and I want to slit their throats inside 10mins!

@ MKYid MKYid Good idea in theory, sadly I think we'd end up with a red card with the ref pussying out and feeling sorry for the scum. I don't want to be super defensive against this lot, we have enough about ourselves to be the ones on the front foot and I want to slit their throats inside 10mins!

Absolutely! I think I was just getting carried away with the notion of breaking their players... I'm sure that cunt Wilshite will be out to get someone booked, as will many of theirs, they will probably consider getting one of ours sent off as a legitimate tactic to win the game.

I'm trying to not let the excitement of the last few days cloud my judgement on what is going to be a tough game. I believe we have the quality, I just hope we have the cohesion. If we do, we can put them to the sword early and make the rest of the game a lot easier for ourselves. I reckon early goal or two would rock them hard!!

With two high lines, possession will be the key to creating the most chances out of the two sides. But both sides will have chances. Dembele is a good pick actually because you cannot take the ball off him. I think Capoue and Paulinho will also be good for retaining and stealing possession.
Ultimately though it will come down to who out of the two teams takes their chances. This type of game is ideal for Soldado in my opinion. I hope the rest of the team takes their chances when they come - nice that we could get goals from most anywhere in the team now, as apposed to last season...

People putting Mousa at CAM. :avbshock:
I actually like Moussa at CAM here. We actually play more of a 4-3-3 when he's playing and it allows Paulinho a ton of freedom and gives us a bit more defensively. We know Woolwich will attack so there's no question that they'll be vulnerable on the counter. Villa showed how well that worked in the first game. Put Moussa there, pressure the middle, win the ball and send Townsend and Chadli off to the races on the counter and let Soldado finish from there.

@ TDub TDub Whilst I agree in principle, Sandro would be a better bet than Dembele then, as Sandro always plays the ball on quickly, where as Dembele often dithers on it and sometimes squanders a chance for a counter by holding on to it for long.

Dembele is excellent to have on the pitch once we are winning though, as stated previously by others and myself, he is impossible to get the ball off of by the opponent.

Anyone got a funny feeling AVB is going to pull out a bit of a shock tommorow by starting Lamela? Maybe it's just my wishful thinking rather than logical but AVB does sometimes pull out suprises in terms of selection. Deep down i think he probably will start on the bench but you never know. Would you start Lamela on the right with townsend on the left?

Anyone got a funny feeling AVB is going to pull out a bit of a shock tommorow by starting Lamela? Maybe it's just my wishful thinking rather than logical but AVB does sometimes pull out suprises in terms of selection. Deep down i think he probably will start on the bench but you never know. Would you start Lamela on the right with townsend on the left?
I would love to see it. But no.. You cant just stick a guy whose been around for basically two days into your team..

Remember,guys, if something going wrong during the game Arse
I think AVB will go with the following:

m8h849.jpg

Remember,guys,if something doesn't work properly during this game tomorrow for the Spurs,you have to make that, following these instructions,like "PLAN "B":
1) the coffin where Vlad The Impaler sleep during the night must be transportted to Arse stadium,inside the stadium ,near their bench of reserves,in the day of the game;
2) cover the light of the day, inside their stadium,with black curtains to be dark inside the stadium;
3) somehow put this music on :"Kasabian-Vlad The Impaler" (Vlad song)
4) every Spurs fans and Spurs players must be have garlics on their necks,for not a "collateral damage" issue;
5) it's time now to open the Vlad "bedroom" (his coffin)
6) after that ,close your eyes ,and don't enter in panic you all if you see or heard something horror;
7) because Vlad must follow his natural instinct,like his celebre great-grandfather in the past ,Vlad Tepes;
8) after his lunch will be complete and return to his "bedroom",remove "black curtains" around the stadium
9) don't asking yourself why the "red t-shirts" are not in the pitch;
10) Soldado and his mates must be introduce the ball in the net (Arse gate) ,how often they like to obtain a victory ,a splendid final result,victory ,for the Spurs...
===THE END===
Dan,Romania.
P.S. this "plan" works well every time when in Romania ,on the Steaua stadium we had problems...with other teams,we call Vlad to escape us from the "bugs" - bad referrees or players from oponent team...
:D

Last edited:
I would love to see it. But no.. You cant just stick a guy whose been around for basically two days into your team..

Yeh i know but this guy is our Bale replacement and is something special. He would certainly give us a better chance of beating Woolwich but i would certainly not complain if he was on the bench, i could see the logic in it but would love Lamela to start and tear Woolwich a new one!!!

Yeh i know but this guy is our Bale replacement and is something special. He would certainly give us a better chance of beating Woolwich but i would certainly not complain if he was on the bench, i could see the logic in it but would love Lamela to start and tear Woolwich a new one!!!
Ive said it before. I wish this game came a few weeks later into the season..

I know its very early in the season to be pulling these words out by I genuinely think this game is a must win.
If we lose I can see it having a negative effect on the fans and the team. We have invested heavily and I personally havent been so nervous for a long while.

If they win tomorrow their cunty fans will never be so loud in their entire lives.

My head says a 2-2 draw though, very end to end game with Soldado and Paulinho on the scoresheet.
A penalty will be awarded in this game, im certain of it.

We're going to smash these scum bastards 0-3. If this happens ill be dead to the world for a week.

Back
Top Bottom