Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its clear to me that Soldado cant play as a lone striker. Not in this set up anyway.

Both Ade and Defoe are more effective with these players around them.

Until we find the players to utilise Soldado, I would start with Ade, or play Defoe with Soldado, and drop Dembele.

Yes people! 442!!

Better to play with two strikers than (effectively) none

Corners were a joke yesterday Walker should defo get the hoof, what was everyones thoughts on Lamela I thought he looked a bit lost when he came on

I thought he looked up for it. Was chasing down, getting into space and the danger in the last 5 minutes was all from the right.

Didn't have enough time to make a proper mark, but was impressed with what I've seen so far.

I thought he looked up for it. Was chasing down, getting into space and the danger in the last 5 minutes was all from the right.

Didn't have enough time to make a proper mark, but was impressed with what I've seen so far.
Maybe its his baby face looks that just made him look shat scared when he came on.

That's another Walker trait that annoys me, he should be fined ever time he stops play to have a look around to spot a pass...he should keep the ball moving, just pass to the closest man and get on with it, if a better pass isn't immediately available it's not going to appear after you've given their defense more time to get set.

Yes. They really need to adress this very seriously to him. Dwelling on the ball, not even moving forward is harming the team's general play.

That's another Walker trait that annoys me, he should be fined ever time he stops play to have a look around to spot a pass...he should keep the ball moving, just pass to the closest man and get on with it, if a better pass isn't immediately available it's not going to appear after you've given their defense more time to get set.

Agreed, but he wasn't the only one guilty of it. Chadli has got to settle quickly, his decision making and awareness was poor at times. I recall one incident where he could have played Soldado in but tried to take it on himself.
Mousa was another one, very frustrating. Don't try and run through the crowd every time, look for the pass for fucks sake!

Again all forgiven at this stage as we need time, but is something for AVB to work on.

Seemed to go poor as soon the goal went in after that was just small groups singing.

It will be a tight top 6 this season. Every club are gonna have their fuck up's during the season.

We need to move on from Bale, the transfer window and start grafting away. A positive attitude would help from the fans aswell! :freundgoal:

I'm not too worried about that result, but I think it's going to take more than a month for the team to gel. My biggest concern is crossing and delivery to the final man. I've not seen much of Soldado so I'm not sure if he's going to get his head on the end of these crosses? Townsend was getting crosses in but seeminly connecting with thin air while on the left I couldn't see crosses coming from anywhere, I'm feeling that's where Lamela could be providing service as an inside forward but we opted to play him on the right so he was cutting inside and shooting from his left?

The thing is we had Woolwich pinned down inside there own penalty area while we maintained a massive amount of possession in the last 15mins and I'm not to sure I've seen a lot of that in derbys in recent years. We had something like 57% of whole match possession! Given that I would have thought to see more long shots coming into the box (I saw a few but were woefully off target). It seems 4-3-3 would work for us well in open attacking play with space (like in the dianmo tblisi game) but in EPL are teams going to start sitting back and putting men between us and the goal so that we rely on fouls and penaltys to score?

Back
Top Bottom