***** Wolverhampton Wanderers v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur FC*********

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we don't come out and start this game like we have a point to prove, then I've lost all hope in this season to be honest.

You've just seen us get 1 point from our last 3 games including an embarrassing home loss to Leicester. If that doesn't get us wanting to fight for something better, I don't know what will.

Cue ultra defensive set up, ultra defensive approach,

Best case we sneak a goal and sit on it for 70 mins defending wave after wave of attacks.

Worst case they sneak a goal. We have no plan b. Jose puts on 2 more defenders at half time.

Villa are a good team, just as good as us based on what I’ve seen so far.

We need to wake up a bit and remember that you win games by working harder than the opponent. That is the only way. Look at how sloppy and sluggish we were against Palace compared to Villa today who had a man sent off.

Villa are a good team, just as good as us based on what I’ve seen so far.

We need to wake up a bit and remember that you win games by working harder than the opponent. That is the only way. Look at how sloppy and sluggish we were against Palace compared to Villa today who had a man sent off.
Palace didn’t turn up against the Dippers either but did against us
Go figure

Go figure

Palace didn't turn up against us. They came out asking to be run off the pitch and were well on their way before Jose shut up shop, after we went up 1-0.

After they scored and we began attacking again Palace were just as woeful as they were today. Only time they "showed up" is when we played like cowards hoping we could pray our way to a 1-0 win.

Go figure
Maybe there’s a reason why teams seem to ‘turn up’ against us. When you’re happy to give the opposition the ball all the time and just sit on a 1 goal lead when we do go ahead, opposition teams invariably feel they have a sniff of it.

Yeah - Palace didn't turn up against us at all.

We gave them the ball and in turn gave them the result pretty much.

This notion that teams only turn up against us is such victim mentality that we laugh at Liverpool fans for. Teams perform against us because we fucking let them. We are a push over most of the time and have been for years.

There's only one year I remember over the last decade where if teams decided to go against us, we'd fucking destroy them and that was the 16/17 season, especially at White Hart Lane. That installed fear into opponents before a ball was kicked. We haven't had that in years.

Liverpool have it. It's not teams rolling over against them. It's Liverpool just being so good and so deadly that teams are afraid to attack or scared of turning the ball over. Now if you go against Liverpool, as we've seen they can be got at but it's still a risk.

Palace didn't turn up against us. They came out asking to be run off the pitch and were well on their way before Jose shut up shop, after we went up 1-0.

After they scored and we began attacking again Palace were just as woeful as they were today. Only time they "showed up" is when we played like cowards hoping we could pray our way to a 1-0 win.
Jose quite clearly stated he didnt want the players dropping into that shell. Im sure he would have preferred a second close after to keep a gap. Top flight managers can tell and sense when a team is there for the taking as i think palace were

Go figure
You really are a blinkered one eyed Jose fan boy. What do you mean “ go figure”. Exactly what does that mean? The oppo play how you let them and we let them play. Just watch the bloody games rather that your rose tinted glasses for Jose. If you encourage them to play they will put crossses in, win corners , free kicks etc. These will invariably lead to goal chances and conceding. So your go figure , did that apply to the first 20 mins and last 10 when we actually tried to play football and attack? Really not sure what game you watched.

Jose quite clearly stated he didnt want the players dropping into that shell. Im sure he would have preferred a second close after to keep a gap. Top flight managers can tell and sense when a team is there for the taking as i think palace were

And there is zero chance that Jose is lying about that to make himself look better after the result, That certainly doesn't fit with Jose at all.

I have a hard time believing this when we see how often he has us lining up with these tactics to start games, how often we resort to it in close games and how much he talks about how bad errors are and how it is better to let the other team have the ball and hope the make a mistake. I think when you hear that from your manager you are scared that you will be the one to make mistake with the ball.

Even if it were the case that he told them not to what does it say about him as a manager that the team did not listen to him at all.

And there is zero chance that Jose is lying about that to make himself look better after the result, That certainly doesn't fit with Jose at all.

I have a hard time believing this when we see how often he has us lining up with these tactics to start games, how often we resort to it in close games and how much he talks about how bad errors are and how it is better to let the other team have the ball and hope the make a mistake. I think when you hear that from your manager you are scared that you will be the one to make mistake with the ball.

Even if it were the case that he told them not to what does it say about him as a manager that the team did not listen to him at all.
Dynamics of a game can mean whatever is said and planned it can go straight out the window. Best plan never survives first contact and all that. Things change during a game and cant be recovered no matter what you do

Totally agree he always says that post match it’s pure bollocks and makes my blood boil. If he can see this then why isn’t he barking out instructions during the game to push up and not sit back. FFS we can see it watching on TV. Is he telling us he did notice the sitting back until after the game. He should on the touch line belllowing our instructions to the team if they are not following his instructions. The reason he isn’t changing it is bcos that is his instruction in the first place. Pure JM. deflecting away from himself. He must think we are all fools.

Dynamics of a game can mean whatever is said and planned it can go straight out the window. Best plan never survives first contact and all that. Things change during a game and cant be recovered no matter what you do

If it wasn't his default playing style I would be more willing to accept it but when it is how he repeatedly has us set up to start games, how he has us play in multiple games when we are up 1 and is the style he has talked about his whole career, it is hard to imagine that this time he changed his mind and the team didn't listen to him.

Back
Top Bottom