***** Wolverhampton Wanderers v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur FC*********

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you score before the opposition have it means you have taken the lead 1-0. (or 0-1if you are the away team). There is no circumsatnce under which you could score before the team you are currently playing against and still be on level terms.

It’s a Danny Blanchflower quip.

Not sure everyone would agree though. Certainly looks effective against us but I saw a surprising stat where he had not scored or assisted in his last 21 premier games for Wolves. Stick him in a Spurs shirt returning those numbers and he gets ripped to shreds
Not on here surely!!

He would bring a new dimension to our attack though giving us an outlet

Our results are comically expected lately. Score an early goal, park the bus, absorb shit load of pressure, substitutes all our creative players for more "defense", and get hit with a winner or equalizer from the other team.

I dunno. Woke up late today, glanced at the table and our record. Crazy shit happening to all the teams, we're in 5th and we didn't actually lose even if we were pants. Worse case we drop to 7th but still somehow in the mix. Cup quarter final coming up. It's miles from being a total disaster after such a punishing run.

What it's done is highlight our flaws and that our manager is intent on keeping us playing in a style we fans are growing tired of. And the players? Are they keeping faith? There's talk about Jose pissing off Doherty and its obvious that Dele's on his way out. Is this breeding discontent as others warned us would happen? Or is it just a blip?

I need a spliff.

Our results are comically expected lately. Score an early goal, park the bus, absorb shit load of pressure, substitutes all our creative players for more "defense", and get hit with a winner or equalizer from the other team.
Jose must see this...... Either he doesn't, which is worrying, or he does and is powerless to do anything about it.... Which is worrying.

He can't seriously still believe that we are capable of hanging on to a 1 nil lead for 89 minutes with the players we have.

Is 1-1 away to Wolves comical?

Chelsea getting beaten there was funnier.
It's not the draw away to Wolves that's comical, it's the systematic throwing away of points..... West Ham, Newcastle, Palace and now Wolves.

You must have known in your heart of hearts that Wolves were going to score - there was just a complete sense of inevitability that it was just a matter of time.

I wasn't even shocked when they scored as I'd been preparing for it from about the 20 minute mark.

Is 1-1 away to Wolves comical?

Chelsea getting beaten there was funnier.
Nah, not an awful result at all but the performances against Wolves, Leicester and Palace have been abysmal. Chelsea for all their faults hit the crossbar in that game, and Werner should have put the game to bed at 1-0. We were a late Fabio Silva header away from the same result as them having taken the lead after 57 seconds and managing nothing for the rest of the game.

They're a good side and they played well. We weren't really at it. Still hardly remember Hugo having to make a good save for the whole inevitability of it angle.

They only scored from a set piece in the last minutes, it was a terrible goal to concede tbh. Jose will be raging.

Were we supposed to win the league this year? Is that us already out of the Top 4 race in 2020? An away draw somewhere like Wolves isn't a total fucking disaster.

Clearly still need another header of the ball in the box/centre half (which he has been looking for) and more legs and a similar attitude in midfield as a backup to PEH.

They're a good side and they played well. We weren't really at it. Still hardly remember Hugo having to make a good save for the whole inevitability of it angle.

They only scored from a set piece in the last minutes, it was a terrible goal to concede tbh. Jose will be raging.

Were we supposed to win the league this year? Is that us already out of the Top 4 race in 2020? An away draw somewhere like Wolves isn't a total fucking disaster.

Clearly still need another header of the ball in the box/centre half (which he has been looking for) and more legs and a similar attitude in midfield as a backup to PEH.
The result is not bad and we are not in a terrible position in the table but the fact we have now dropped points in 5 matches in the last 10 minutes is worrisome. That is 10 points lost, even taking out the Liverpool game and giving us the Palace, Newcastle, West Ham, and Wolves wins that changes our season right now.

If this happened one or two times then ok, but it has happened five times. That is my main issue with yesterday.

It’s not really the draw away to wolves that bothers me the most. It the playing style and lack of enthusiasm from the players at the moment. Just a shitty few weeks.
I agree with the lack of enthusiasm. After looking at some highlights again and looking at a few heatmaps (I'm not a big stats guy but I saw them on Twitter) I can't really put all the blame on Jose for the lack of attack. Tanguy, Kane, Son, and both fullbacks were higher up the pitch more often than not and we still could not create anything.

I think we’re arguing from the same side of the divide.(If there even is one at this point. I’d worry about the mental health of anyone who is enjoying our football of late)
The football is tough to watch but I could put up with it if it got us the results we want, but it doesn't seem to be. Hence the frustration. Just as well there are no fans as I'd struggle to muster the motivation to get up from the armchair and get to the stadium for this

The football is tough to watch but I could put up with it if it got us the results we want, but it doesn't seem to be. Hence the frustration. Just as well there are no fans as I'd struggle to muster the motivation to get up from the armchair and get to the stadium for this
Yeah, we're definitely in agreement. I could have written that post word for word.

No way would I be paying £50+ to watch us in the stadium right now. Absolutely no fucking way.

I can stomach low-block, counter attack football in some games if it proves effective. However, paying to watch crap like last night on a regular basis where the only enjoyment is a goal and the points? No thanks.

I dunno. Woke up late today, glanced at the table and our record. Crazy shit happening to all the teams, we're in 5th and we didn't actually lose even if we were pants. Worse case we drop to 7th but still somehow in the mix. Cup quarter final coming up. It's miles from being a total disaster after such a punishing run.

What it's done is highlight our flaws and that our manager is intent on keeping us playing in a style we fans are growing tired of. And the players? Are they keeping faith? There's talk about Jose pissing off Doherty and its obvious that Dele's on his way out. Is this breeding discontent as others warned us would happen? Or is it just a blip?

I need a spliff.
Or is it Jose saying to Levy
“I can only do so much but a lot of these players need moving on and fresh faces brought in “?

I really did not get too excited when we scored in the second minute. Just one goal is meaningless to us. We always need a second, and perhaps a third, and we just don't seem to push for it.

I just don't see how personnel is the issue here. If we're not playing fluent football when we line up Kane, Son, GLC, Ndombele and PEH, how will Sabitzer change that?

Do fans understand what kind of player Sabitzer is? Sometimes I think people confuse him with Forsberg...

Sabitzer is a good player and would fit us well imo, but he'd not change our style much, if anything the opposite.

Personnel is an issue, you need a brain in the middle of the park, to set the tempo, and dictate play, get us up the field, get the ball out wide, so fullbacks can overlap or recieve long raking balls and lastily play the ball thru the lines.

Oh i forgot, we have one of those in ndombele, but as part of clear the air talks with jose, he has stipulated he see's himself as a 10.

If we get one of those players, then ali, could walk back into the team, rotating with ndombele and le celso in the 10 role.

No one can say jose hasn't given ndombele a fair crack of the whip.

Back
Top Bottom