Who are you taking from City when they get relegated to the Scottish league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do the oilers care about income?
Well yeah, if they get kicked out of the league because they lied about their income. they're gonna have to comply with the rules or else it'll just happen again.
They can't win the champions league if they're in league 2 and banned from Europe altogether.

6 titles they won spanning the period in question. What a joke. The PL just let it happen. Surely when a club starts to spend big it should set off the alarm bells?
They should be stripped of all titles and the teams beneath upgraded. What about those that got relegated ?

6 titles they won spanning the period in question. What a joke. The PL just let it happen. Surely when a club starts to spend big it should set off the alarm bells?
They should be stripped of all titles and the teams beneath upgraded. What about those that got relegated ?

I dunno if I can cope with United and Liverpool getting given 3 more titles.
But if they follow this on to Chelsea and take theirs away - hello 2016/2017 season

Why do people think the premier league would go through the trouble of investigating city for years just to slap them on the wrist if they're found guilty?

If you said that their lawyers might get them out of it or drag the case out I get that, but getting no serious punishment after all that? I just can't see it.
Because the more detailed the investigation, the bigger the payoff for the corrupt scum running the FA.

Nothing of any significance will happen to the blood money peddlers.

No chance they take away previous titles. Too messy.
Will be 15 points deducted next season (max) imo.

All the other clubs might as well do the same as City. 6 titles then one bad season as a consequence . Its no deterrent. If awarding titles to the second placers is too messy just strip City and void those years. Then compensation should be paid to the other clubs for lost revenue.

Why do people think the premier league would go through the trouble of investigating city for years just to slap them on the wrist if they're found guilty?

If you said that their lawyers might get them out of it or drag the case out I get that, but getting no serious punishment after all that? I just can't see it.
When the members of the commission are named you'll know how serious the league is about it. The real problem is deciding what an appropriate punishment is. The problem with City is their bottomless financial resources. You could name whatever huge fine you wanted and City's ownership could easily absorb it. An 18 month ban on participating in the transfer window might be appropriate. I don't see the league making them vacate any championships. It will be interesting and, at the end of the day, City's lawyers may be good enough to get them out of it with just a fine.

When the members of the commission are named you'll know how serious the league is about it. The real problem is deciding what an appropriate punishment is. The problem with City is their bottomless financial resources. You could name whatever huge fine you wanted and City's ownership could easily absorb it. An 18 month ban on participating in the transfer window might be appropriate. I don't see the league making them vacate any championships. It will be interesting and, at the end of the day, City's lawyers may be good enough to get them out of it with just a fine.
What the PL will want to ensure is that City have to engage in squad building under FFP rules at a revenue deficit to their competition, essentially the status quo ante before City violated the rules.

That means a combination of a transfer ban and some sort of ban on CL participation, IMO. Pegs them back to the competitive position from which they started.

The rules allow ownership to invest, and City's bottomless resources will always give them an advantage, but there are transparently established limits to which they (and critically Newcastle as well) must be bound.

Back
Top Bottom