White Hart Lane 1899-2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's apt that the name White Hart Lane is retired along with the stadium, but I would love the new ground to have a great historical name like 'Bill Nicholson Park' or something like that. Unfortunately it's going to be more like "Hyundai AIA Stadium Park".
Officially, it will be retired I suppose. But among supporters I think Hyundai AIA Stadium Park will always be called White Hart Lane.

Which I think is the best of both worlds. Levy gets his money, but the name lives on in memoriam.

Oh the Enclosure. I remember standing there in 1978/9 (I was 8) the ticker-tape game for Ossie and Ricky's first game. Fucking brilliant. I also remember Cloughie walking past when Forest were champions and (for some reason) all the yids gobbing at him.

Last edited:
More of a shelf man myself.

Remember using playing the scum in a game in the early 70s just after they won the double and some of them infiltrated th Shelf!

Not for long!!
:wansum:

Old Bill went bananas

:paulinhowtf:

Also remember as a kid watching the 1st half in the cage then walking round under the stands and standing behind the paxton for the 2nd half

Oh the Enclosure. I remember standing there in 1978/9 (I was 8) the ticker-tape game for Ossie and Ricky's first game. Fucking brilliant. I also remember Cloughie walking past when Forest were champions and (for some reason) all the yids gobbing at him.

That's the game where I got my... erm, shall we say, mild obsession, with all things torn paper!

Who remembers the sally Army Place at the corner of the high rd and Paxton Road? At Christmas they had a band playing carols. Started a life long love of sally army Christmas music with me.
There was also a peanut seller there that my dad always had a chat to :)

Back
Top Bottom