Which Spurs Flop should have been given more time?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kevin Prince Boateng seems a good example. For the most part, I think we have been fortunate(?) to not have let too many great players fall through the cracks in recent memory. Not many have gone on to bigger and better things after failing to make an impact here.

Based off his loan, Lo Celso might have what it takes to turn things around for himself at another club.

KPB is the only player I can think of in my 30 years as a fan that flopped at Spurs but went on to succeed elsewhere.
Genuinely cant think of anyone else who deserved a chance or left us and went on and did well.

For me, the question is specific - flopped at Spurs but may have done better if given more time. It's total opinion that some that went and continued to flop, might have done better if they stayed. They all went even lower than us at our poorest in most cases.

Last edited:
with some players just think they are played out of position that is the probelm
Rebrov seemed to always played out wide instead of being in the middle (aka fox in the box)
Soldado again felt he needed the ball played early for him to run on to

Any players you think could have blossomed if given more time with us. I'm factoring in their talent in relation to the quality of their team mates, and how being surrounded by good players could have seen them fulfil their potential.

I know I'll be shot down for this but I still think Gio dos Santos had the raw talent to do well if given a run in the first team. He showed glimpses of brilliance despite almost entirely playing in 2nd string Cup sides.
“If he could pass a nightclub as well as he can pass a ball, we’d be alright”

I love that quote. I also don’t think any amount of time would have sorted out the problem.

KPB being played out of position for his entire time with us is definitely one that comes to mind.

That for me is the saddest part of all. A wonderful footballer who was getting better and better. Sold when he would have been happy to stay, trying too damn hard to make sure his last game would end gloriously for him and us fans. Whilst he went on to have a great career, I think things would have been better for him had he been given longer at THFC

Tel was the father figure he needed.

Back
Top Bottom