Wheel of Misfortune

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

10308328_707831379274285_5161519864211378866_n.jpg
t
At least we are coming up to the "Upward" part of the spiral at the moment....

Yea, I'm not expecting too much from next season. I just want to see a good team dynamic and team spirit, I want everyone to get along for once without any drama, I don't want any capitulations 20 minutes into a match and finish in a reasonable position in the league so that we can attack 4th the season after. A good cup run would also be nice. I don't want there to be too much pressure on our manager to achieve impossible things. I just want everyone to settle in properly and to finally be a normally functioning team again.

Weird thing is, in the last 4 seasons we've finished about every team in the league at some point except for Woolwich. Couldn't make it up...

For example:

2014: Above United
2013: Above Everton
2012: Above Chelsea
2011: Above Liverpool
2010: Above City

Our misfortune is almost scripted.

Weird thing is, in the last 4 seasons we've finished about every team in the league at some point except for Woolwich. Couldn't make it up...

For example:

2014: Above United
2013: Above Everton
2012: Above Chelsea
2011: Above Liverpool
2010: Above City

Our misfortune is almost scripted.
Proof that there is a god and that he's an asshole?

All I ask is that the team pretends to care during defeats. I can handle the wheel of failure, but I can't do another Liverpool 5-0 defeat where nobody wanted to be on the pitch from the whistle.

At this point I'd probably take 5th and a cup semi.

Another transitional season incoming.

5th and a semi would be fine really, along with lots of permutations, for example maybe I'd take an exciting season in which we play some decent football and beat some top teams... definitely the scum and the chavs, and win the FA Cup... and if meant we finished say 8th - 11th I wouldn't care honestly.

I think the main thing I like about supporting Tottenham is getting excited about individual games and feeling ecstatic when we get a win that makes me float till the next weekend. Feeling attached to players that are characters... feeling proud of the Tottenham support (fucking miss that feeling)... the whole top four narrative from the first day of August bores the fuck out of me.

I just want us playing good football, occasionally getting a win over the 'top 4' sides and playing with some bloody passion!!!

The stupid home losses to the smaller sides will happen as we are Spurs and that's life for us.

But I'll accept that if the players show some heart and the manager shows us some relevant tactics that suit our players and proof he knows that he's doing, in terms of taking the club forward!

Thats the thing. If anything I think this season has shown we really do have quality. Despite playing like strangers, despite shocking managers, we still did well.

I think there is massive potential in this team under a proper manager

Wheel of misfortune.
In top 4 in January
Levy does not strengthen in key areas in January
Injuries and losses due to not strengthening in key areas
Out of top 4 in may.

Rinse and Repeat next season:levylol:

Back
Top Bottom