What is our measure of success?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is our measure of success? Really, what is it?
Right now, success means improving on last season (top four or silverware) and finding the right balance to challenge for a cup and top spot in the following years. This is highly ambitious, i know, but even after yesterday's loss i think we can still make it.

Silverware. Doesn't mean that not winning silverware this season makes this season a failure but that should be the long term goal.

Succeed sucks!
Success is the opposite of what appears to be happening now.
Success is improvement form the last game - success shouldn't be hard to achieve, if this is the case.
Bring on UTD and lets succeed in winning against them.

I firmly believe we can be stronger than the season before, Villas-Boas Aug 21st
The ultimate objective is to make the team stronger than the year before Villas-Boas Aug 15th

So Champions League is the objective, anything less is failure

A trophy and top 8 would be a success. In fact after the last two defeats a trophy and top 10 would be success. If you offered me the Lge Cup and 12th this season, I'd say thank you very much, done deal.

Whether Mr Levy would see it that way I know not.

Exactly. Would Levy/Lewis be happy with, for example, the Carling Cup and finishing 7th? Not sure. Plus, would Hugo, Verts etc be happy with no CL footie?

Caveat: in general (not specifically this season). :klinsmann:

You know what I just realised (and it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling) is that over the past 18 (or whateverthefuckitis) years, we've become ACCUSTOMED to finishing below them, annoying as that may be, we have ACCEPTED this, and so much so, that we are now almost (almost) able to laugh at the hilarity of such a lost situation...

switch that around, and take it 4 miles down the road to N5... if they ever... ever.... E-V-E-R finished below us, even for one (gloriously unimaginable) season... that place would melt like a knob of butter up Wenger's arsehole!

They simply would NOT be able to cope with it... there is a generation of people who literally don't know what that feeling is like!
...and though it may not be this season... as and when it DOES happen (and it will) we can all sit back, and enjoy the show!

Back
Top Bottom