What formation would you use with our current players?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now that Naughton is back and Walker is nearly fit I'd go with the diamond Liverpool used so well at times last season.

[formation="41212, Lloris, Kyle N/W, Kaboul/Dier, JV, Rose/Davies, Capoue/Stambouli, Mason/Bentaleb, Eriksen/Dembele, Lamela/Chadli, Kane, Soldado/Adebayor"][/formation]

How about this 4-3-3 when everyone's fit ... ?

Designed for a bit of pace and movement.

Lloris

Walker
Fazio
Vertonghen
Davies

Rose
Mason
Eriksen

Soldado
Kane
Lamela/Chadli

[formation=41212, Hugo, Walker, Fazio, Jan, Rose, Capoue, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Soldado][/formation]

Really starting to think it's time to go to a two striker formation. Would even use Chadli up top or in Lamela's spot

[formation=41212, Hugo, Walker, Fazio, Jan, Rose, Capoue, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Soldado][/formation]

Really starting to think it's time to go to a two striker formation. Would even use Chadli up top or in Lamela's spot

Like that one, only against teams like Chelsea or Man City would I be hesistant to commit to 2 forwards.

I have been thinking abou the role of Eriksen and Lamela, perhaps Eriksen could end up as our new modric, sitting deeper and controlling the play, he is harder to push off the ball than when he first came, this season he hasn't done much in terms of creating chances but he has been good at possesion football that would allow Lamela to play just in behind the front two. Effectively Capoue, Eriksen and Mason doing the passing and a front three of Soldado/Ade, Kane and Lamela.

Last edited:
How about Soldado up top on his own in front of Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli...

I reckon thats fair as the midfield in the b-team is really poor, and Soldado deserves a run of games, at least 4 or 5 with the current AMs.

Oh....no, sorry what was I thinking.

That idea is just soooooooooooooooo 13 days ago. Its soooooooo pre October 18th.
Out.Of.Fashion

Apologies

:harrylol:

For League games, line them up with their hands in the air in the international sign of surrender.

Or kick off the game like this..
1940778_w1.jpg

I would use a 4-4-1-1 and use lamela in the vandervart role
walker/Naughton Dier/Fazio vert rose

lennon/lamela(only if walker is fit) Capoue Mason/dembele Erikssen/chadli

Lamela/chadli

soladado/ade/kane

would resort to a 4-3-3 only if walkers is fit to get the width.

[formation=442, Lloris + Kane + Vorm, Kyle + Kyle, Fazio + Kaboul, Jan + Vlad, Rose + Davies, -, -, -, -, -, -][/formation]
I'm thinking, soak up pressure for 91 minutes, then hit them on the counter to snatch a 1-0 win.

#foolproof

Last edited:
all aboard the 352 train :harrylol:

[formation="352, Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Verts, Lennon, Stambouli, Eriksen, Capoue, Townsend, Lamela, Soldado"][/formation]

Back
Top Bottom