What does 'good' look like for Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

NorthernSpur

Supporter
In terms of a season for Spurs what would you rate as a good performance? Is it league position (at least 4th)? Getting to a domestic cup final? Winning a domestic cup? I think it's an interesting topic in light of our recent performances.

In terms of a season for Spurs what would you rate as a good performance? Is it league position (at least 4th)? Getting to a domestic cup final? Winning a domestic cup? I think it's an interesting topic in light of our recent performances.

How about one of our forwards receiving the ball in the opposition half and actually trying to take on a defender rather than safely pass the ball backwards???

☑️ E Karting in profit

☑️ Dare Skywalk bookings full

☑️ Stadium Tours & Technical Tours fully booked

☑️ Shop in profit (inc all 3rd Kit - stock sold)

☑️ Gigs turning a healthy profit

☑️ Food & Drink outlets all paid up-to-date and committed for next season

☑️ Reductions made in Policing and Staffing bills

☑️ Hotel construction started

☑️ Bonus paid to Chairman

Don't think I've missed anything, have I?

How about one of our forwards receiving the ball in the opposition half and actually trying to take on a defender rather than safely pass the ball backwards???
That would be a start. Or stop trying to score the same goal over and over. I would just love to see midfielders capable of going by someone and making the keeper work from 25 yards. Football in general is boring because it’s pass pass pass and get nowhere.

finishing 5th this season is acceptable and getting European football again. We set the bar too high early on and haven’t been able to sustain for a number of reasons.

We’d have took that before a ball was kicked and next season we will be better equipped if we recruit right. If we get that wrong we stay in that 4th to 8th group.

What? I thought you were meant to play hot potato when you got the ball in the final third!

What about over the course of a season though? What would you be content with?

Personally to look forward to watching us with a realistic hope of outplaying the opposition by playing entertaining football instead of me tuning in out of a sense of duty like I did last night only to keep flicking over to watch the snooker!

I honestly don’t think that’s ever going to happen under Ange despite his good start

He’s been found out and doesn’t have anything else in the locker!!

I would be delighted to be proven wrong as I’ve got previous for this as I slated Poch when he first rocked up!!

I have a new one; I want to see us pushing for topping the league on 'shots on target' stats.

If we're doing that then we're playing the sort of football I want to see, and we'll probably be winning stuff or seriously challenging.

We're currently 5th in that league too.

☑️ E Karting in profit

☑️ Dare Skywalk bookings full

☑️ Stadium Tours & Technical Tours fully booked

☑️ Shop in profit (inc all 3rd Kit - stock sold)

☑️ Gigs turning a healthy profit

☑️ Food & Drink outlets all paid up-to-date and committed for next season

☑️ Reductions made in Policing and Staffing bills

☑️ Hotel construction started

☑️ Bonus paid to Chairman

Don't think I've missed anything, have I?
Nepotism jobs for relatives?

We should never be content. We should always be looking to improve, to win, and to win more. We have a huge global fan base and income streams up there with the very best. We should be targeting everything.

I want to see us getting back to competing seriously in and actually winning cups. For much of our history we have had a pretty good cup record. We haven't won the FA cup since 1991 which is pretty criminal given our history in the competition.

Back
Top Bottom