Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I renewed my membership today... I'm on 49k on the waiting list. I have some questions:

1) How are my chances to get a ST for 2017/2018 in Wembley?
2) Multi game packages will be available for Wembley, but probably not for the new stadium, no?
3) I want to get a ST to Wembley, but I am never going to be able to go to all matches, maybe 4 or 5... do you think I could resell all the games I can't attend for FV through StubHub?

Thing is, I used to hate StubHub, but with both Wembley and the new stadium coming up, I could buy a ST without having to worry about the tickets for a game. Both stadiums will have more capacity, which means the prices will go down and actually be fair. I'm just worrying about losing money if there will be games, where I can't manage to sell my tickets. My flights would be cheaper as well, because I could plan my weekends.
1) Low but not impossible, especially if you're not fussed where you sit
2) Indeed
3) There'll be a resale facility, but considering the size of the stadium and the number of tickets that will go to members sale I think you'll really struggle to get FV. Especially if your ST isn't in a good position.

I don't know why you want a season ticket if you can only go to 4 or 5 games?
I guess it's being able to hand pick games and budget for flights/hotels etc.

However it's a false economy because I'm sure that for all but the biggest games, there will be no need for stub hub panic buying. And if the games you want to go to are the big ones, then there will be spares from people who can't make it. The pool is so much larger next year & unless you plan to go to every game, a season ticket won't offer enormous value for money.

And the big games are the ones that will be moved around for Sky/BT, so booking flights etc early will be pretty pointless. Imagine ending up with a flight, a hotel, & then a fixture swap to a Monday night?

:dier:

Ok, thanks for the answers. I guess I will get some tickets off StubHub for next season.

How is it around Wembley anyway? Anything to see or do there? I always read that public transport is a chaos everytime there is a game...

I'd say the public transport situation after matches is far worse than White Hart Lane (which we all know isn't great), but you'd always put up with it because going to Wembley was such a rare event. Dunno what it'll be like every other game.

Anything to see or do? In Wembley? Yeah, the train station and leave!

Ok, thanks for the answers. I guess I will get some tickets off StubHub for next season.

How is it around Wembley anyway? Anything to see or do there? I always read that public transport is a chaos everytime there is a game...
The times I went to Wembley this season, I stayed in hotels even though I only live 40 mins away on the tube. I couldn't be arsed with the crowds trying to leave all at once. So I'm guessing if you're flying over for matches you'd want to stay over. I'd stay near the ground, go back for a beer post match & venture further afield once the crowds have died down. There's fuck all around Wembley worth seeing. A sub standard shopping mall & a few tacky restaurants. But the city is your oyster once the masses have fucked off.

That's how I'd do it if I was travelling from abroad to watch a game. The crowd congestion is shit around there straight after any event.

The Wembley IKEA is almost as good as the Tottenham IKEA. But a lot busier.

The point though, surely, is that people will buy STs for Wembley because then they'll be guaranteed them for NWHL in 18/19
It's what I thought, but I should be able to get one regardless off a Wembley ST or not... I hope atleast, because at the moment I can't afford to spend too much money.

Anyway, thanks again for all the answers. Big plus for Wembley is the multi package deal. Dont have to deal ages to get 4 seats.

Going to be refreshing my inbox every ten minutes today, waiting for the email to drop.

brdbrt.gif

Should you decide not to accept this initial seat offer and not renew by this date, then your allocated seat will be released and a second renewal window will open

I take it this option translates as "do nothing" as I don't see anything to do if I want to pick another seat?

Back
Top Bottom