We need to protect our club this summer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know how much lower we have to drop the bar until we draw the line. All these problems were avoidable. But I have come to conclusion that Levy or ENIC, whatever he calls himself is going to fuck us over this summer again. The last game of the season is coming up and fans need to demonstrate their frustration within reason, whether its booing Levy, A chant, a signboard or whatever something needs to be done.

We have lost 5-1 to westham over three games
we have lost THREE times to woolwich
Stuffed 11-1 by City, 9-0 by Liverpool and 4-0 by Chelsea.
Midseason a rookie was given the job with no experience ,tactical nous and man management ability.
Players have been ostracized such as Lamela, Capoue and Holtby,
The same lack of training and organization is manifesting itself on the pitch.
We are going into next season still in TRANSITION and on the verge of losing key defensive players such as lloris and Vertonghen.

What needs to be done, is we need to KEEP our players this summer. Where on the table would we be without Eriksen and Lloris?.
We need to ensure FRANK DE BOER is appointed and given the time to implement his ideas and long term strategy to make us a respectable and progressive outfit like AJax.
We need a LEFTBACK , I am soo sick of saying it.
We need a new PHYSIO TEAM
We need a striking coach.
Hopefully we can channel some of that intelligent club management from Ajax rather than have same pub league cunts turning us into Newcastle.

Last edited:
Whatever we do - we need to eliminate the poisonous charlatan and all his little cronies. Start a fresh and give the new guy a 3 year cattle blanche

I don't know how much lower we have to drop the bar until we fucking draw the line. All these problems were avoidable. But I have come to conclusion that Levy or ENIC, whatever he calls himself is going to fuck us over this summer again. The last game of the season is coming up and fans need to demonstrate their frustration within reason, whether its booing Levy, A chant, a signboard or whatever something needs to be done.

We have lost 5-1 to westham over three games
we have lost THREE times to woolwich
Stuffed 11-1 by City, 9-0 by Liverpool and 4-0 by Chelsea.
Players have been ostracized such as Lamela, Capoue and Holtby,
The same lack of training and organization is manifesting itself on the pitch.
We are going into next season still in TRANSITION and CHAOS.

What needs to be done, is we need to KEEP our players this summer. Where the fuck on the table would we be without Eriksen and Lloris?.
We need to ensure FRANK DE BOER is appointed and given the time to implement his ideas and long term strategy to make us a respectable and progressive outfit like AJax.
We need a LEFTBACK , I am soo sick of saying it.
We need a new PHYSIO TEAM
We need a striking coach.
Hopefully we can channel some of that intelligent club management from Ajax rather than have same pub league cunts turning us into Newcastle.

To make matters worse it's actually 7-1 against Spam in three games.. I feel sick having to write that.

I'm not into demonstrations as such, but something certainly needs to be done.

Give Levy one more summer. Last year, he demonstrated he had finally learned to make a few necessary additions sooner than the end of the window so as to stop hemorrhagic vital points in August. This year, he's rehired Broomfield. Give him this summer, and if he doesn't make some of the necessary changes, I will be standing right next to any of you calling for his head.

Give Levy one more summer. Last year, he demonstrated he had finally learned to make a few necessary additions sooner than the end of the window so as to stop hemorrhagic vital points in August. This year, he's rehired Broomfield. Give him this summer, and if he doesn't make some of the necessary changes, I will be standing right next to any of you calling for his head.

I don't want Levy out, he is the majority shareholder, but he needs to get stick for his stupidity and poor handling of management affairs.

Last edited:
I don't want Levy out, he has a majority shareholder, but he needs to get stick of his stupidity and poor handling of management affairs.

Poor handling of affairs indeed, but it is stubbornness rather than stupidity that has caused these problems. If he continues to learn, we could hardly do better as far as a chairman. Thank your stars we were bought by English Spurs fans, not some Asian playboy who changed the very color of a club away from the colors you came to adore and treasure to suit his own wishes.

Last edited:
Poor handling of affairs indeed, but it is stubbornness rather than stupidity that has caused these problems. If he continues to learn, we could hardly do better as far as a chairmen. Thank your stars we were bought by English Spurs fans, not some Asian playboy who changed the very color of a club away from the colors you came to adore and treasure to suit his own wishes.

Yes that can happen but it's not always the case if you look at clubs like Chelsea, PSG and City. Part of the clubs identity is it standards it holds,Losing three times in a season to west ham is just unacceptable.

The fans are partly to blame as well - we needed to be patient with AVB

there was no way so many new players were all going to hit the ground running, we needed stability and as little change as possible.

Yes that can happen but it's not always the case if you look at clubs like Chelsea, PSG and City. Part of the clubs identity is it standards it holds,Losing three times in a season to west ham is just unacceptable.

I completely agree that it's unacceptable, but for me I chalk the most direct cause up to Baldini and AVB not even being remotely close to on the same page as far as planning, squad needs, and recruitment. It is the reason for this fiasco of squad dynamics. But Baldini is no longer in charge of talent selection, and we'll have a new manager this summer. So let us have hope for a summer of prudent decision-making, as we can still rectify this situation more easily than it seems some people believe.

The fans are partly to blame as well - we needed to be patient with AVB

there was no way so many new players were all going to hit the ground running, we needed stability and as little change as possible.

I disagree on AVB, it's hard to keep a guy on when even the grounds staff resent the guy. His stubbornness without playing a kick of professional ball was beyond baffling. I'm hoping that with what looks to be a good summer, all will be forgotten and we can look back in hindsight and appreciate moving on from AVB/Baldini.

I completely agree that it's unacceptable, but for me I chalk the most direct cause up to Baldini and AVB not even being remotely close to on the same page as far as planning, squad needs, and recruitment. It is the reason for this fiasco of squad dynamics. But Baldini is no longer in charge of talent selection, and we'll have a new manager this summer. So let us have hope for a summer of prudent decision-making, as we can still rectify this situation more easily than it seems some people believe.

Problem when levy spends he SPENDS, when he dosen't he is far too prudent. The judgement and timing off decisions are poor.And no, It's pathetic to blame AVB when he had spent ages trying to drill out the defensive problems in the squad. Baldini and Levy were both involved in the transfer fiasco.

Problem when levy spends he SPENDS, when he dosen't he is far too prudent. The judgement and timing off decisions are poor.And no, It's pathetic to blame AVB when he had spent ages trying to drill out the defensive problems in the squad. Baldini and Levy were both involved in the transfer fiasco.

I have no reservations for blaming AVB. He alienated just about every single person who worked at the club and had a poor plan for creating dynamic and effective attack play. He is not entirely at fault (in fact I don't blame him as much as I do Baldini), but he certainly contributed.

I disagree on AVB, it's hard to keep a guy on when even the grounds staff resent the guy. His stubbornness without playing a kick of professional ball was beyond baffling. I'm hoping that with what looks to be a good summer, all will be forgotten and we can look back in hindsight and appreciate moving on from AVB/Baldini.

Doesn't matter - the only acceptable reason for changing manager mid-season is if you are in danger of being relegated.

Now we have to change twice in one season and we are a far worse prospect for managers and players we are looking to sign because of it.

Figure of speech, but there were a lot of reports at the time of the sacking that people who weren't even answerable to him at the club had become disenfranchised with him on a personal level. While they certainly don't have to like a manager, it speaks to the extent of his grating personality and stubbornness, which undoubtedly affected the players.

Back
Top Bottom