We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've had doubts every round but not this one. Our name is on the cup, I feel it in my water. So many omens. Final at Atletico Madrid's stadium, the opponent of our first European title. 1+9+6+3 = 19. I've also got this theory that, instead of the year ending in 1 being our lucky year, this century our lucky year will increase in increments of 1. 2008, 2019, 2030, 2041, etc. Something like that anyway. I'm an atheist but I've still got this weird belief in some kind of Football God.

Awww you're always wrong!! We're doomed!! :)

:dierpochhug:

Long time since I posted here, just to say thank you to Lee, the City fan who was selling his flight - proper gent and has just bought me a pint, flights have been exchanged and I'm going to Madrid.

I'm sure you're all delighted for me!

Hello, I’m a Liverpool fan who just wanted to congratulate you on a great result, I think it’s going to be a tight game for both sides, and both clubs have done themselves proud getting to the final. It’s gonna be an absolute nightmare for both sets of fans with regard tickets/travel etc.

Hello, I’m a Liverpool fan who just wanted to congratulate you on a great result, I think it’s going to be a tight game for both sides, and both clubs have done themselves proud getting to the final. It’s gonna be an absolute nightmare for both sets of fans with regard tickets/travel etc.

Well played mate.....you lot get a fair bit of stick on here but most people tipped their caps to your semi final win.

You’re right, both of us deserve to be there.
Game on pal

Pretty much the same line up as yesterday, Aurier, Winks and Kane, If ok, won't be fit enough, just wait to play them in the second half. Wanyama will probably offer more after a rest, we should remember he was thrown into the squad just after come from injury and had almost no rest since. Only change would be maybe Trippier for Foyth, my only doubt. If we score we bring in Winks to control tempo and Kane, If we don't score we bring Kane, Winks and Lamela. If we have everyone avaliable this game will be insane.

I’m kind of used to it lol, I’m from Tottenham (went to st Francis de sales across the road from white hart lane) but have supported Liverpool for nearly 40 years and have had a season ticket on the kop for 30 years. Loads of my mates are spurs fans, it will be a great occasion between two good teams.

Been years since I posted, but couldn't stay away after this. Sensational.

Btw, we've won a trophy, every decade, since the 50's (only United can claim the same). Except this decade of course. Yet. Just saying.

So if Kane is back, then do we drop Sonny or Lucas? Or play with all 3?
I'd play all 3.

My question is more what does Poch do if Winks is available? Winks has been excellent this season and brings out the best of Sissoko, allowing Moussa to make the darting foward runs.

Hypothetically, if Winks is fit and available, does Poch play it safe and drop one of Son/Lucas for Winks, or do we go toe-to-toe with Liverpool and play our two quick wide players as well.

Big decisions for Poch, glad I'm not the manager :pochfacepalm:

I'd play all 3.

My question is more what does Poch do if Winks is available? Winks has been excellent this season and brings out the best of Sissoko, allowing Moussa to make the darting foward runs.

Hypothetically, if Winks is fit and available, does Poch play it safe and drop one of Son/Lucas for Winks, or do we go toe-to-toe with Liverpool and play our two quick wide players as well.

Big decisions for Poch, glad I'm not the manager :pochfacepalm:

Winks is an absolute must-play if he's fit. Wanyama and Dier have given us nothing protecting the back four of late.

My biggest fear is Poch, who understandably will want to reward the players that got us here and maintain the team mentality, will start Trippier and Wanyama again. We didn't keep Ajax or City out with that personnel group, and we sure as shit won't keep Liverpool out either.

Assuming all of the above are fit:

Lloris
Foyth Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Winks Sissoko
Lucas Eriksen Dele
Kane

I'd entertain Son over Dele or Aurier over Foyth.

The other problem is that Lucas' emergence as an out-and-out striker makes it more likely that we'd set up in that diamond midfield shape that badly exposes Wanyama's current lack of mobility. Liverpool would score for fun against that.

It's a heck of a tactics riddle for Poch.

Toby:
"We had a difficult group. We went to Dortmund, who were first in the league, and beat them. City, first in the league, we beat them. Ajax, first in the league, beat them. So why not?"
So basically he is saying is that if Liverpool win the league, we will beat them in the final! ?
I would take that!

I hope Nike see a marketing opportunity and put us in the 19/20 kit. I can do without seeing us in that fucking horrible home shirt in our biggest match for decades.
One-off special edition CL final kit you say?

bde73f99a523ff844a3f1252c7cdc70c.jpg
£200, limited edition :levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom